1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Swervedancer Guest

Jeez oh Wolf don't over react, he seems to have proved himself to be a not half decent manager in the short time he's been with us.

There could be perfectly good reasons for why he played him Saturday, like maybe he thought it was our toughest game of the season so we'll need the team as strong as possible?

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Gladbach is do or die. Pittodrie tough game but not the end of the world if we hadn't came away with three points.
    Just think that surely if what he said is true then it just makes sense to manage the squad around gladbach and not Aberdeen.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

So he's not injured ?

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "Simunovic we have been managing his games, and with it being so close to Saturday’s game, too tight a turnaround."

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Looks like a hit man, but in reality he's a *. :84:

6. Swervedancer Guest

I think we stamped our authority on the league by winning on Saturday. It was a huge game and I honestly think it could have been a sore blow if we lost.

I know what you're saying about trying to get 3rd place in Europe is right, we should always be trying our best to qualify. I still think I would have played my strongest team against Aberdeen. The league means a lot to me this year especially. I think we'll be more prepared for Europe next season if we qualify.

I don't know why Brendan has decided to play it out like that but I have every faith in the man and I don't see it as a sign of bad management. He will have his reasons. He's done nothing but try to win every game since he's been here and he's come close so I don't see him suddenly messing things up.

You could be right though, he might have made a mistake and totally ruined any hopes we had of getting 3 points tomorrow.

I'm not going to think that though, it's too simple a mistake to make.

7. ordinaryman

Agree 100%. BR plans ahead so knew Jozo can't play more than 3 games on the trot, knew Toure injured & knows we have Dons x3 but MG only once. If Jozo is that lacking in fitness then should have played O'Connell at back vs Dons. Feels like we've given up.

8. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    If he was to play Saturday or Tuesday I would have picked Tuesday.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    That's what I can't understand , seems far too simple

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Guys,i must admit to getting a bit * off with this talk of next season for Europe. Just seems we hear about it a lot these days. We're there now!!! I would like to have treated a possible EL run after Xmas as almost a fourth comp we were still in! For that reason i would have kept him for Tuesday as even before Saturday the league is almost a gimme already!!

There's no guarantee we'll qualify CL groups next year and i'm an optimist! A lot would probably disagree with this but i'd probably take a last 8 in EL and the double of League and Scottish Cup than a treble. Think it's over-rated. Would also raise our profile again and give that much needed shot-in-the-arm we haven't seen in Europe for a while.

Div likes this.
  11. Div

I agree with that, I'm not liking this whole "main thing is the performance" quote that I'm hearing from the coaching staff.
    We earned the right to be there so why not go out and compete and be confident of a good result

12. Cmcgregor90

Is this basicly we have left him here because true slightest of knocks will leave him out for months and we would
    Rather not risk it if it's not this then it's very bizzare

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Surely O'Connell or Gamboa should be playing against Aberdeen and keep Jozo for Borussia especially knowing Kolo is out

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. TheHappyLoss

Thank * he didn't leave. He's been outstanding this season. Suddenly we've got 3 very good centre backs (don't mean Efe or Boyata obviously). Denayer and Virgil were huge players to replace but the three we have are doing a decent job.

ScouseHoops and Swervedancer like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Very good pace, and acceleration over the first 10 yard's..

Love how confident he is to break forward and initiate an attack when it's 10/11 men behind the ball..

Quality player..

Considering he can't play twice in a week and is being managed , what could he be if completely 100%..

We've probably got a 70/80% Simunovic in term's of fitness, and development combined..

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He strolled it today. Reads the game so well.

ScouseHoops and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was coming in to post this mate, said to the guy infront of me thank * Torino pulled the plug, I know Toure has been superb but he needs rested and Jozo steps right in.

ScouseHoops and Sean Daleer like this.
  19. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Yeah his composure, use of the ball and defensive prowess have made him like a new signing.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member