1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Absolutely strolled and bossed that game..

Was a joy to watch..

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He covered every blade of grass, showed great energy and drive, one of his finest displays in a Celtic jersey.

3. Joe T

agree with above,

one of the best displays i have seen!

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Just re-watched the game again, Brown was absolutely sensational.

Everything you would ask from your captain in a game of that magnitude.

Immense performance, can't think of a better one from him.

5. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Can u imagine how good our centre midfield would be if we had another like him.ive criticised brown a fair amount but I'm glad I can say I was wrong, looks like a completely different player now.

6. Swervedancer Guest

Love him, inspirational captain.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we get the centre mid Brendan wants by the end of January, I genuinely think people will appreciate him even more than they are just now..

We'll be a better balanced side, and a more formidable one as well..

Swervedancer likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pray for \o/

Callum McGregor likes this.
  9. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Not playing tonight though

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. Aidan O’Shea

He'll play brilliantly tonight, I bet.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "I gave a rest to Scott Brown tonight because he became a father again for the third time."

BR: "Three boys he’s got now. He wanted to come but I said listen, look after your wife. Family is more important than football."

BR: "He’ll go into the game on Saturday super fresh and strong and now a father of three."

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Congratulations Broony!

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Goes to show how far out the limelight he is, didn't even know his missus was due. Or indeed who she is tbh :56:

Callum McGregor likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

From Brendan's interview

I gave a rest to Scott Brown tonight because he became a father again for the third time. Three boys he’s got now. He wanted to come but I said, ‘listen, look after your wife.’ Family is more important than football.

Shaun likes this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This is exactly what you posted above

16. Bumblebee

Didnae know he became a father for the third time. Congratulations Scott Brown.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* I was hoping people wouldn't spot that. :fear:

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I don't believe you :D

:86:

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Smart *. :giggle1:

Zander likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB on birth of third child: "I've had a couple of days off with the wee man. Everything's good."

SB on squad depth: "That's how the gaffer wants it to be. We have a strong squad and last night was a good opportunity for those players."

SB: "They did really well. It's a hard place to go but they performed. It was a great game to watch."

SB on @AberdeenFC: "They have good players and pace on the counter. They always make it hard for us."

SB: "We'll hope to go there and get 3 points. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a great atmosphere up there."

SB on his form: "It's down to the manager and his philosophy

SB: "I’ve played under some great managers; I’ve been lucky. He [Brendan Rodgers] has made the whole team stronger."

SB: "I think they've [@AberdeenFC] bought well; have lots of pace and forward options. It'll be a good test."

SB: "It'll be a battle. We need to win that then get the ball down and play our way."

SCOTT Brown was delighted to watch a much-changed Celtic side put Ross County to the sword last night, and he believes his colleagues’ impressive performance has only served to increase the competition for places in Paradise.

The skipper missed the 4-0 victory over the Highlanders to be with his family after he became a dad for the third time.

But the midfielder is set to return to the reckoning for Saturday’s showdown away to second-placed Aberdeen and he knows the Hoops must maintain their high standards to prevail against the Dons.

“We are not going in there just thinking we're going to win,” he said. “Going up to Aberdeen is always hard. It’s a hard place to go as they have some great players and some good pace on the counter-attack, so they will give us a really tough game. We're looking forward to it and there are a few players pushing for starting places who played last night.

“It’s the way the gaffer wants it to be. We have a strong squad and last night was a great opportunity to use the ones that haven’t had a lot of game-time and for them to prove how good a player they are and to show the gaffer what they can do.

"It was a perfect opportunity and they did really well to go up to Ross County, which is a hard place for anyone to go, and to win 4-0. It was a great game to watch.”

The champions lost on both visits to Paradise last season and Brown is anticipating another tough challenge from Derek McInnes’ side, though the 31-year-old reckons the current Celtic team under Brendan Rodgers is a different proposition.

“We go up there and it’s always hard for us,” he said. “Last season was extremely hard but this is a new season and a new team for us, pretty much, and hopefully we can go up there and get the three points. It’s a game we will look forward to and these games over the past couple of seasons have been great with a great atmosphere.

“They have come on quite well. They have a lot of pace on the counter-attack and a few new forward options as well so it will be a good test. In the first 10-15 minutes up there it’s a battle and we need to win that and then get the ball down, play our game and try and play our game-plan.”

A win for the Bhoys would stretch their lead over the Dons to 10 points with a game in hand. While it's a sizeable lead at this early juncture in the season, Brown knows the folly of looking at long-term targets.

“We just go a game at a time," he said. "If you start thinking that way it all falls apart early doors and we can’t afford that to happen. We have to continue the momentum and keep it going as long as we possibly can, with performances like last night and against Rangers.”

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016