1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Today was Rodgers' 20th game in charge: P20 W13 D3 L4 F48 A27 GD +21.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's doing pretty well.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Only 20 games? Seems like more.

Good record so far.

4. doctor venglos

I thought Biton should have been off at HT.

5. Joe T

i think if we had not of been in such control of the game he would of been, awful yesterday

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Thought he should've subbed Forrest earlier and was glad when Bitton went off..

I said before the game that I hoped Armstrong wouldn't play, but he came on and his directness and energy seems to kill them. That's twice they've not got to grips with him and the 2 up top was bold, and won us the game..

Our energy levels were top notch considering the game we had midweek..

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on #BetfredCup win: "The important items from the game were the performance and the result."

BR: "Looking at the analysis, in comparison to the 5-1 win against them, nearly every number in the stats was better."

BR: "That tells you it was a better performance. We won the game well. It was a great atmosphere; we enjoyed it."

BR on team selection: "I’ve always said this season will be about the squad."

BR: "@Leighgriff09 and @StuArmstrong16 haven’t played as much but came into the game and picked up the tempo straight away."

BR: "That’s because they’ve been working hard in training. The players that haven’t played as much in the squad have been a credit."

BR on @eriksviat: "Erik has been outstanding. I've seen great improvements in him as he builds up his technique and tactical ability."

BR on @SimunovicJozo: "He's a top class talent; a class act who is composed and calm. I was very fortunate to have kept him."

BR on playing @Leighgriff09 and @MDembele_10 together: "It worked well for us in the game."

BR: "It depends on the game. I don’t worry about individuals; my job is to pick the best team to get a result."

BR: "We can't prioritise games. Every game is a big one and we need to continue our form in the league."

BR: "The mantra is always to focus on the next game which sounds boring but is very important."

BR on @rosscountylive: "I know Jim [McIntyre] well from @ReadingFC, he was a very good technical player for them. It'll be good to see him."

BR: "His team works hard. Every game is tough. In the #SPFL, you get committed players who make it difficult, especially against Celtic."

Captain Brown likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dr. Frasier Crane likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EVERY player in Brendan Rodgers’ squad will be expected to play their part over the course of the campaign, particularly as the Hoops head into an intensive series of fixtures, with seven games between now and the League Cup final at the end of November, followed by a staggering nine games in the month of December.

The manager utilised his squad to great effect last weekend when he brought on Stuart Armstrong and Leigh Griffiths in the second-half of the League Cup semi-final at Hampden, with both players having an impressive impact on the contest and Celtic’s eventual victory.

And the Hoops boss was delighted with their contribution in what was a successful debut for him at the National Stadium.

“It’s a big testament to the players and their concentration and focus,” he said. “All along I have said it will about the squad this season and Sunday was a great example. Leigh and Stuart Armstrong haven’t played so much recently but they came into the game and picked up the tempo and the speed of the game straight away, and that’s because they have been working tirelessly in training.

“There is a real intensity into how they have been working and that gives them every chance to come into a game and perform really well. If they didn’t have that, and if we didn’t have the collective spirit here to do well, then it would probably make it even harder for us.

“The players who haven’t been playing have been a great credit to the image we are trying to create here, collectively as a team and they will get the benefits of that over the course of the season.”

Fresh from booking their place in the first domestic cup final of the season, the Celtic squad will tackle the first game in their busy schedule when they take on Ross County in Dingwall on Wednesday night. And it’s a challenge they’re looking forward to.

“The players up to now have been first-class and the recovery strategies in order to be at the level for the next game – you have to be mindful of it,” the manager said. “It’s a long season and we have played a lot of games up until now, with many more in front of us.

“But, when you are at a big club at Celtic and are competing and challenging for honours that’s what you expect, to be involved in a lot of games. Where we can minimise the loading for certain players, then that’s what we will do.”

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    BR: "It depends on the game. I don’t worry about individuals; my job is to pick the best team to get a result."

That statement is very telling. He wont go for favourites and that shows he's really in control and a strong manager. Sometimes managers are under pressure to play fans favourites he's not one of them. He's always going to pick the team he thinks suits the game.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Brings on Moussa and Sinclair ........................................they both score :34:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "Our thinking going into the game tonight was that prior to this we had played a lot of games."

BR: "The intensity I ask the players to play at needs to be at a high level with that variety in the game."

BR: "and the young players that came in delivered."

BR: "Emilio and guys like that haven’t played for a long time and I thought they were outstanding."

BR: "But it was a tough game. Ross County are one of the best teams we’ve played."

BR on key substitutions: "At 1-0 we just felt we needed to change the shape of our midfield to put in an extra controlling player."

BR: "We also just wanted to try to change the control of the game. It worked quite well for us."

BR on Squad: "They will be fresh for the game at the weekend."

BR: "That was the plan for tonight so it couldn’t have gone any better."

15. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Brendan is * breezing through the league. When's the last time we've had 25 points in our first 9 games?

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can do no wrong..

Smashing it..

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member