1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Modern Warfare Remastered (COD 4)

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Mr Shelby, Sep 8, 2016.

Discuss Modern Warfare Remastered (COD 4) in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I know there is an advanced warfare thread but I figured that many people buying it will only be doing so in order to play Cod 4 remastered. That is my plan, anyway.

So, thought a separate thread would be decent to discuss it. Don't think there is one.

A lot of content has been released over the past week by all the big youtubers. I suspect that a lot of them will be happy about it coming back as a lot of guys who I watched 5 or 6 years back when I was younger aren't getting as many views anymore, due to the COD games getting progressively shiter.

Multiplayer obviously looks very similar with a few tweaks here and there. I'm glad it hasn't been altered too much though as COD4 is without doubt my favourite of the entire series. Been wanting this to happen for years and now it finally has.

£70 is steep but you are essentially getting two games and to be honest, I'd pay that for COD4 alone as I'm not someone who buys a lot of games over the course of a year. That, FIFA and Battlefield will do me for a while.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG4X8qwpTUI[/ame]

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It'll be interesting to compare the numbers playing COD4 against those playing the new one during the first week or so. I know which I'll be jumping on first anyway.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I won't be playing advanced warfare multiplayer.

Will probably get round to doing the single player at some point but it won't be a rush.

4. Bunk Moreland

I won't be buying Infinite Warfare so I won't be getting this. Would have paid for this on its own but I couldn't be less interested in Infinite Warfare if I tried and I wouldn't pay £70 for * just to get a tarted up 10 year old game even if it was great back in the day. I've a feeling Activision will release it separately on PSN Store/Xbox Marketplace 6 months down the line when they realise how * Infinite Warfare sales were and decide they can make money from Modern Warfare.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That's my thinking as well.

No way I'm paying £70 quid when I have zero intention on playing Infinite Warfare at all. That game just looks awful.

6. Bunk Moreland

I've seen quite a few people say that they're going to buy the deluxe edition, download Modern Warfare Remastered with the code and trade Infinite Warfare straight in for Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2. :smiley-laughing002:

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That's actually a decent shout. Wonder how much you'd get for trading it in almost immediately.

8. Bunk Moreland

If you buy it for £70 and the retail price on Infinite Warfare standard edition is £40 probably around £30 for the first few weeks, a shop will usually sell a pre-owned new game for around £5 less than it's retail price and want a profit on the trade as well. If you can pick up Battlefield 1 in the shop for £40 it should cost £80 all in for Modern Warfare Remastered and Battlefield 1.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not sure about that.

I thought they would have done that already and to be honest I thought that if COD4 was ever to come back, that would be how they'd do it.

However they have obviously came up with this idea. I think a lot of people will buy it.

There will still be people who play Infinite Warfare for the futuristic aspect etc and pump money into it while my 'generation', if you like, who played COD4 in their teens will play that and no doubt buy extra * for it as well. They will get the best of both worlds.

10. Bunk Moreland

I think Infinite Warfare will be the lowest selling COD since the early ones. Fans of the series aren't happy with yet another futuristic setting and it's got 2 big games in direct competition with it in Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2, both which will be released before Infinite Warfare. If Titanfall 2 is decent then Activision might lose a lot of the futuristic shooter crowd and Battlefield 1 will get the people who want a boots on the ground military shooter. MW Remastered will boost sales but not by much in my opinion and if people do buy it for MW and trade Infinite Warfare the amount of cheaper pre-owned IW circulating in the first few months will hurt retail sales of the standard edition as pre-owned games don't count as sales.

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Was gonna give it a miss tbh but that is a great shout. * infinite warfare but COD 4 was the best of them all. Simple, great guns, quality maps. No * perks and kill streaks that assist noobs.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This cod will sell like hot cakes, will be one of the best selling ones, purely for cod4 and they know it.
    That's why its done this way and no mention of a single release for the remaster. But given it 6 months when the sales have dropped and it will slip on to the network stores for 20 quid and again sales will take off.

I will wait for that moment, and if by chance they don't do it, then they lose the sale.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

13. Bunk Moreland

There's a few rumours kicking about on various sites from "reliable sources" that you will actually have to have the Infinite Warfare disc in the console or the digital version installed on your console just to play Modern Warfare Remastered. This of course would stop people trading IW and keeping MW. It's not been officially confirmed but it's fairly plausible and if true that's the dirtiest * snide move I've probably seen in gaming.

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tbh mate I thought that would be the case, money grabbing * these game developers. If you owned the original there should be some kind of cheaper download if you have trophies on your PSN/Xbox account. How much is the version with COD4RM?

15. Bunk Moreland

Problem there for Playstation, MW didn't have trophies, it came out before PS trophies existed :smiley-laughing002:

The cheapest one you get MW Remastered with, the Legacy edition, is £70 if I remember right and £80 for the digital download.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: that's me * then

Scandalous

17. Bunk Moreland

Correct it's bollocks and then there's possibly the case that if you can't stand Infinite Warfare you can't even get rid of it, so people are paying £70 minimum for what's essentially a 10 year old game (without all the maps at launch).

I know it will never happen as so many people want MW but I'd love it if people just refused to buy the £70 IW legacy edition out of principle and their sales figures were miles off their sales target.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I remember one of the assassin creed games on ps3 (revelations?) had the original a.c. game on it, and although it installed as its own game you still needed the disc as well.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So many game developers are * *. Don't give a * about the consumer, just after money and more money.

That's why CD Projekt RED stand out. They had a thank you note in the case, loads of free DLC and two huge story DLC's at a very good price. Unfortunately they're one of few like that.

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Load of bollox if that's the case about the disc needing to be in the system to be able to play MW.

They really are robbing *.