1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Random Review, Sep 7, 2016.

Discuss Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Minimalist

From whom? I expect to finish top 3 in every UCL campaign anything less is unacceptable.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I would think the vast majority of us are not expecting too much in this group, given the quality of the opposition.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

You must be taking the *.

4. Minimalist

Considering I agree with Brendan Rodgers that we are not there to make up the numbers and we have to go out there positive and get a result at the Nou Camp. If its funny for you to actually believe we shouldn't be above Borussia Mönchengladbach then fair * to you, I fully believe we should be finishing 3rd in this group. Does that mean we will get 3rd because I believe we should be there is a different thing.

5. GavCFC1

De Vries

Gamboa Lustig Toure Sviatchenko Tierney

Brown Bitton

Roberts Dembele Sinclair​

Wouldn't surprise me however, if Gamboa didn't start and Armstrong did in a 4-3-3. Game isn't suited for Rogic imo.

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Will take any respectable result which for me would be less than 3 goals conceded. If it was any other pot 4 team I would be expecting them to get a pasting so can't be biased and not say the same for us but football is football and nothing is impossible! Just so happy right now with where we are :celt_2:

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You said anything less than third is "unacceptable". I very much doubt Rodgers shares that view.

Borussia Monchengladbach should be finishing above us. Take the green tinted specs off and look at it logically. They took 4 points off Bayern Munich last season from a possible 6 and would have finished 3rd in the table if not for a terrible start which got their manager sacked.

Are we capable of beating them at home and finishing 3rd? Yes if we are at the top of our game and get a wee bit of luck. Should we be expected to finish 3rd in this group? No * chance.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I expect us to give BMG a good fight for 3rd place; but if we lose that fight, I don't consider losing to the team that finished 4th in the Bundesliga as "unacceptable".

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :50:

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we finish 4th in this group it will be anything but 'unacceptable'.

11. Minimalist

I did state that. Why do you think he shares that view? I think he wants to advance, finishing last is making up the numbers; to take points from us is making up the group. Which Rodgers has stated he is not leading us under that proposition.

I have no time to engage in ad hominems when you're implying my view is not logical because you adhere to the logic that because they took 4 points off Bayern we should lose out in advancing into the Europa League. By that logic, because we beat Barcelona at home under the Lennon 2012 UCL campaign we should have beat Juve at home in the Last 16, yet I need to look at it logically. You're serious aren't you?

Okay, you disagree we shouldn't finish 3rd.

12. Minimalist

You're right, its glamorous finishing last in a hard group. :rolleyes:

13. Minimalist

Okay, well I don't believe we should be getting beat from a 4th placed side from the Bundesliga. A 1st, 2nd or maybe 3rd at a push is understandable. Bayern Munich is completely understandable for instance but Borussia Mönchengladbach I don't subscribe to it.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There's the ad hominem patter back out:56:

You'll be the only Celtic fan who would find it "unacceptable" to finish 4th in our group. Seriously. Deluded.

Making up the numbers is getting comfortably beaten every match. We could still win one match and finish 4th. Therefore not just there to make up the numbers, however we still finish last.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

* mentalist. So going by that I assume you think we are better, or at the very least as good as BMG? Therefore you think we are good enough to finish 4th in the Bundesliga?

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Minimalist

By the way, its nothing to do with patter, im merely describing what you're typing in the post and implying which I have no time for :50:

Okay im deluded, mind you I got called out as a lunatic because I actually believe we could beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp :50: (By the way, if it happens later tonight, which I very doubt it will, then im still that lunatic :smiley-laughing002:)

I don't need educated on what could or can happen regarding the points.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Just remembered about Ajer. I'd start him alongside Bitton and Brown with Sinclair and Dembele up top. 5 at the back: Tierney, Erik, Kolo, Lustig, Gamboa

19. Minimalist

Very least as good as BMG because of the Home crowd.

Second question is hypothetical, as the size of the Club of Celtic we should be qualifying for the UCL if we played in the Bundesliga. For instance we sell more merchandise than them.

20. LoveTheTic88

Didn't Ajer get left out of our CL squad for some unknown reason?