1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Concerns

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TrueTim67, Jul 17, 2016.

Discuss Transfer Concerns in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    say it again all the top managers say its a domino effect nobody wants to weaken their own team to help another so they sell once they replace the player whos leaving. its frustrating for fans ya but unless you have the money to pay over the odds you have to do the dance

2. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's giving our players a chance to prove their worth before deciding what he needs.

3. NyköpingCelt

We have plenty of defenders but we can't help that they are injured, I doubt the board are going to spend here. What baffles me is the Charlie Mulgrew situation considering we are tight in this position atm. Ajer has looked great at CB and he likes to pass the ball forward, he surely has to start over Ambrose.

4. oh bhoy

I think a lot of them proved their worth in last year's qualifiers and coming last in the Europa league group.waiting to see if we make the champions league to sign players is totally retarded .expecting a couple of teenagers to be the difference from last year's attempt is * crazy,we need to strengthen all over the park we need to spend on better quality weather we make the CL or not otherwise we will be sitting here next year again wondering why the same players or standard of players can't beat the likes of malmo

5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Wee bit frustrating that we haven't made more signings but I understand the situation, Brendan will want to take time and evaluate what he's already got and also need to trim the bloated areas of the squad which will take a bit of time too. Also, some clubs and players are in limbo with qualifiers and players being on holiday after the euros/copa America etc, selling clubs will need to have replacements lined up for players too so there's a lot of moving parts. No need for mass hysteria but I get how it frustrates people.

6. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Not really concerned. Think about all the business done on the final day of the window - SSN go apeshit for it themselves.

We're fine, we have 6/7 weeks left.

Duffy in soon I imagine, a winger, another forward and we're laughing.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And a defensive midfielder.

8. Dr. Frasier Crane

Rodgers has explained what's happening like 3 or 4 times now and people are still panicking.

9. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Aye.

But then I'd want us to offload a few players more aswell.

10. robbo1888

Thank * he is taking his time over it. He's trying to be sensible and ensure we sign quality. We have rushed it in previous windows and signed some utter dross, wasting millions. Be patient. The squad we have is bloated with average players. We dont need to add to that problem.

11. TheHappyLoss

Is that right Mulgrew has been offered a new contract ?

12. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We * 2.5 million Scepovic and Bangura yet won't give Villa the £3 million they want for Sinclair typical Celtic

13. Dirk_Diggler

To be honest am sick of wakening up and logging on to celtic news now to see that there is * all signings, am shocked a was expecting us to get 4-5 players in early because we badly need quality.

We will get through on wed but they need to get the finger out

14. celticdawg

Yup and if he can add quality to the squad everyone of us will be happy ,although almost as important will be as you say getting rid of the huge amount of average players we have on our wage bill!!

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think buying so many signings in such a short space of time could disrupt squad harmony. Would take a while for them to gel with the squad too.

16. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Idealy we'd have the luxury of time to wait and blend new signings into the team.

We dont have that luxury. As we all know the CL process is underway already.

Yes we have a bloated midfield, however we urgently need new faces in key positions.

Buy first, build your squad and cut the deadwood as you go.

There are still far too many passengers.

17. Mr Diggler

Plenty of time left in the transfer market but I am starting to get a little impatient. Dembele is a good signing but there are areas we really need to strengthen. A centre back and left winger especially.

18. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Its no Football Manager :56:

19. shadehoop

Difficult for these things to happen quickly, need to make sure the players we're bringing in are a good fit and offer value. Could easily spend 5 mill + on a panic buy and turn out to be a dud, best we take our time and do things right. Ultimately clubs don't want to sell their best players so there really isn't any such thing as a quick deal especially when buyout clauses aren't present

20. johnnybhoy89

Don't might if we have to wait a bit until more new signings emerge. It takes effort and time to attract players of quality. Another couple of the same calibur as Dembele, preferably CB, LM and i'll be very happy. We should really be going through the next couple of rounds in Europe with the talent we already have.