1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Jun 25, 2016.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveTheTic88

Purely from just watching him at the Euro's I even got the impression he was pretty clumsy looking.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

To be fair, didn't Dembele play for the Fulham team who were a baw-hair away from relegation last season??

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Van der Hoorn is rank rotten, cant mind who the Swansea manager is now but I could have told him to give me a tenner and told him to save £2million and watch as he went on to make an * of himself at whoever he joied, I wouldnt have touched him with a barge pole for Celtic not got a clue who thought Swansea should sign him :smiley-laughing002: Williams is great the rest not so much, not the best selection especially for a club with probably 10s of millions to blow.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

The last stand-out defender we bought on the back of a positive Euro's campaign was Joos Vaelgeren. Oh how I miss him.

:54::54::54:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye but him and McCormack saved them from relegation. They did their bit, it was the defence that let them down.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    They finished 20th mate aye.

Although I'd argue it is different when judging a striker. He managed 17 goals as a 19 year old in one of the toughest leagues around nowadays in a side which was pish for the vast majority of the season.

That looks better when you put it that way. Whereas with a CB if he has been part of a side leaking goals and finishing low in the table it isn't as impressive. As contradictory as that sounds.

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Please don't compare him to Ambrose again :56:

Pretty confident Duffy would be a great signing for us at 2 million. Hope it's not true he's going to Swansea.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

No, I know what you're getting at.

I admittedly didn't see a single Blackburn game last season (partly to having zero interest in wasting my time watching them), but I've seen Duffy a few times, and also at the Euros. He's no way a world class defender, but he's a big * who gets in aboot it. That's what we need imo.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He did but he also looked solid, good in the air and fairly mobile for a big unit.

Some of the best defenders around have a clumsy style too like Sergio Ramos, Boateng, Barzagli or Richard Dunne, Sol Campbell, for Celtic Balde and Valgaeren the odd bit of clumsy play can be forgiven when they are mostly reliable solid players and overall better than more average players.

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Duffy instantly become our best CB. :smiley-laughing002: Aye, he's a decent defender but he's incredibly poor on the ball and prone to mistakes, exactly what we don't need in CL. Hope we're still looking in Scandinavia, multitude of quality CB to be had there

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

I wouldn't be against getting Duffy, per se, but I wouldn't be too impressed if he was our main signing for that position. Toure would be great for a short term deal while Jozo gets back and then gets a chance to prove himself.

There has to be another Sviatchenko-esque player somewhere in Scandinavia surely?

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I always felt Balde was a clumsy * and did have a mistake in him. I'd still take him back this Celtic side in a heart beat at his peak though. Agree with what you're saying, the positives Duffy would bring would outweigh his negatives.

We aren't on a budget to be signing defenders who are perfect at defending and playing it out from the back on top of that.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Without going on about him too much, Sviatchenko is a perfect example of what we can get for cheap. He's pretty solid defensively, not a defender who you'd say has a big mistake in him. Plus while he's not Van Dijk good on the ball, he's competent. That's all we need.

Simunovic is still young and based on what we saw, I think he can go on to be a good player. Some of his forward passes were fantastic. Very aggressive and accurate.

15. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Patrick Banggaard would be a good shout . Was Sviatchenko CB partner while at FC Midtjylland

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Filip Helander moved to Verona last year from Malmo. Would love him.

Big 6ft 4 viking looking *.

[​IMG]

There's also Patrick Bangaard, Erik's ex-partner at Midgetworld. 6ft 5 monster as well.

Lasse Sobiech from St Pauli. 6ft 5 and known for scoring goals. Been at Dortmund and Hamburg as a youngster.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qe1uQumZ7c[/ame]

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I do tend to agree about Sviatchenko and think he's been a great find. It's still early days though and I think the jury is still out with him to an extent. I wonder how we he would have done had he been here all season and played in our European games, he would have been under the cosh a lot more than he has been so far. I think he's well capable though, and haven't seen anything to suggest he wouldn't have done well, I just think it's a bit premature to say he's going to be our number one defender next season.

I think Duffy could be just as good a defender. Wouldn't let a couple of people on a Blackburn forum put me off, from what I've seen he's a very good defender and I can only see him improving.

18. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Big Kolo Toure it is then, happy enough with that.

Erik
    Toure
    Lustig
    Simunovic

All CBs.

Mulgrew, Boyata and Ambrose to move on.

19. BelfastCelt88

I think he'll end up at Swansea

20. Ed1888

Is there anything to show that Big Kolo is coming or is this just your preference big chap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.