1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Horseface...

2. Dr. Frasier Crane

What is this horse face stuff all about?

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know, but it is really disrespectful TBH.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    A term of endearment ....

5. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    * Hun talk is what it is

6. wulliebad

BR was 100% giving her the eyes.....that interview had...(i want to smash your goalposts with my strike force) written all over it.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If that's the case, let them get on with it. It really is none of our business.

8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Well I have watched that interview and I honestly to godly don't get where you lot are coming from :smiley-laughing002: He was just polite and charming as is probably his way when talking to women. I just didn't see anything else in it :smiley-laughing002: You're a bunch of neanderthals with all your lewd thoughts :smiley-laughing002:

9. wulliebad

true,but when has that stopped us talking * on here.:smiley-laughing002:

10. wulliebad

i know we are all perverts.:52:

11. Shaun

This right here... All of it...

12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

No, I'm * not going to head along.

13. Shaun

I think it might be a bit late mate.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on League Cup win: "It was a good win. Having watched the game back on the replay, there were lots of elements that were very good.

BR: "We started very well, created chances and our only dissatisfaction at half-time was that we didn’t finish a number of those chances.

BR: "Alloa defended well with 10 or 11 players behind the ball, so we had to be patient and ended up getting 2 very good goals late on.

BR: "The most important thing for me in these games is that we are creating chances and the regularity we are getting into the final third.

BR: "We needed a bit more quality with our final ball last night to make the chances easier but how we are getting there is very good.

BR: "A little more composure may have had us scoring goals a bit earlier in the game. Overall, I was pleased.

BR on @patrick7roberts eligibility for @ManCity tie: "He’s available. It’s a perfect example of what a loan should be.

BR: "It shows a great investment from @ManCity; they’ve sent Patrick out to a big club to play in big games. It’s great for them & for us.

BR on goalkeeping options: "Craig was good, kept a clean sheet. I don’t necessarily have a number 1, we have four very good GK's here.

BR: "We’ve got our mind on Kilmarnock, who have picked up some good results.

BR: "We’ve made a very good start to the season and we just want to continue winning games.

BRENDAN Rodgers has hailed Celtic’s work-rate and inventiveness as they prepare to entertain Kilmarnock in the league on Saturday.
    The Hoops left it late to dispatch League One side Alloa Athletic in the Betfred League Cup quarter-final on Wednesday night, despite dominating proceedings and fashioning a number of clear chances.
    Goals from James Forrest and Moussa Dembele in the final seven minutes eventually saw the champions book their spot in the semi-finals of the competition, where they face a Glasgow derby.
    While the manager has stressed to his players of the need to be more clinical in the attacking third, he insisted that, overall, he is delighted at the focus and application of his players as they resume Scottish Premiership action.
    He said: “I thought, having watched the game back on the replay, there were lots of elements that were very good.
    “We started the game very well, we created chances and our only dissatisfaction at half-time was that we didn’t finish a number of the chances that we had. That’s why the message from me at half-time was very short and sweet.
    “I thought we had some real good moments but when you don’t take them the game can drift away and it gives the opponent a little bit of motivation. Alloa defended very well with 10 or 11 players behind the ball. They very compact, so we had to be patient and ended up getting two very good goals late on.
    “We’d have liked to have been more comfortable earlier on but it was never the case. They were always going to come and fight and they did that. We’re through and that was always the main objective.
    “The most important thing for me in these games is that we are creating chances and the regularity we are getting into the final third.
    “We needed a bit more quality with our final ball to make the chances easier for us to score but how we are getting there is very good. We just need to show a little more composure and that will maybe get us scoring goals a bit earlier in the game. Overall, I was pleased.
    “If you look at all the games we’ve played at home competitively, I think we’ve only given away five corners, which shows you the level of intent and intensity and how hard the players are working. That’s not in question at all.
    “What we are trying to do, because it is early days of me and my staff being here, is to find a way to keep improving our game and the standard of our game which has been high in some games but not so high in others.
    “Winning builds confidence. We can’t always play perfect football but we look at ways in which we can improve. There’s one thing that is always 100 per cent sure, and that is that these players are giving absolutely everything.”
    And the Hoops boss insists his team are comfortable with the task of breaking down opposition teams who are operating ultra-conservatively.
    “It’s not something new for me. We had many examples of that at Liverpool and Swansea where you're playing as the team of dominance. You have to find ways, but we accept that. It’s up to us to find the solutions in order to break through.
    "There’s no right or wrong way to play football, I thought Alloa defended very well. We had a shot at goal within the first minute so we were very quick out of the blocks. That’s the challenge for us strategically but it excites us as players and as manager.”

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2016
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  17. LoveTheTic88

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers less than impressed with BT Sport's analysis

BRENDAN RODGERS wants to know the reasons for BT Sport’s apparent “trial by TV” policy when it comes to Celtic.

The Hoops boss feels the broadcaster has gone OTT in the last week, analysing incidents involving Erik Sviatchenko and Craig Gordon while underplaying incidents in other games.

Both Celts were guilty of controversial tackles in live TV games against Inverness and Alloa, and were booked for what were considered borderline red card offences.

Referring to Gordon’s clash with Greig Spence in the Betfred Cup clash with Alloa, Rodgers said: “There are two players behind the ball – it’s a yellow card. The referee called it absolutely perfect.

“What doesn’t help is afterwards when the video footage is shown 14 times."

We played at Inverness and Sviatchenko’s tackle was shown 26 times. I saw games with similar profile over the course of the last week, where a player arguably should have been sent off, and the video was shown twice.”

On seeking answers from the broadcaster, Rodgers said: “It would be interesting, just to see why there is that difference.

“It’s modern day football and news has to be covered, but I just think as a whole let’s not complicate it.

“The referee was very good, so let’s give him praise and not highlight something like that. Craig’s incident is just a mis-timed tackle. He’s not reckless, he over-stretched. The kid takes a bang, goes down, gets up and gets on with the game.”

18. Dr. Frasier Crane

:50::50:

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Absolutely brilliant response Brendan!.

Currie *'s getting away with murder on that channel as well..

20. Dr. Frasier Crane

The time he tried to make out Sinclair dived for a penalty and basically insinuated referees were on Celtic's side at CP made him sound like an absolute bitter *. Sutton put him straight but.