1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Is that what the Huns say about Brendan? Pure jealousy if it is! :56:
    Well that explains where it came from (I thought it seemed a bit bizarre). Venglos, you should really know better than to listen to those deluded idiots.

We could sign Guardiola and they'd probably claim he was predictable and his ideas were less cutting edge than Warbuton's.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That your using vanity as a stick to beat Rodgers with, like Huns do. Not that difficult to understand?

I've never once insinuated anything about gunt who is a good guy and a loss to this forum. So if you'd refrain from the slander that would be fantastic, thanks.

3. doctor venglos

You are not only an insinuator, you are a liar, and I call you out on your lies.
    I am not like you and some other other chanty wrastlers on this forum who continue to assail me, and have changed their names three or four times.
    I am Venglos and have remained Venglos these past eight years.
    My integrity is not up for inspection or up for sale
    I don't go and run and hide in dark places on the board.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56::56::56::56::56:

5. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I AM VENGLOS

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You have some serious, serious, issues mate.

If you ever need to talk about them drop me a PM.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We are all Venglos

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Please get back on topic.

9. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

21 goals shipped in 13 - Is it alright to talk about how woefully exposed our defence is now?

Getting bent over down the wings as the full backs have zero cover, midfield all too often far too high up the pitch, desperately need at least one sitting player. All it takes from the opposition is one player taking up a half decent position and a decent ball through the midfield and we are totally exposed.

Defensively so naive, in my opinion. As said last week, there will be games we don't score 3,4,5 and we will be punished. Case in point.

Personnel is fine, more than adequate to keep ICT, and the like, at bay. It's the tactics. Brutal at the back and just as bad in central midfield.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Just like his Liverpool team. Never bothered to defend because they would out score everyone anyway.
    Although I'm afraid we will learn the hard way in the champions league this year.

Can't build his own team over night and is doing a cracking job so far, and for all we know he wants that defensive midfielder but won't just take anyone. He's only adding qaulity and his keeper pal...

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace

I think it's very unrealistic to expect all of our issues to have been solved this early in Rodgers tenure. I'll judge it at the end of the season.

12. ordinaryman

Whilst I agree with your comments, thought for one moment I had been transported back 2 years and was reading a post about Ronny D. Could cut and paste. In fact, yesterday I thought there were a lot of similarities to the way Ronny used to play his team, except we now have better options in front 4.

Like with RD's time, for me I just don't see how we can play loose/open football in SPFL and then expect a much tighter, counter attacking game in Europe. It relies on a quality of player, who not only has the physical talent but also the mental capabilities to play that way. We saw against Barca, at this stage in our development, we're just not equiped for that. I would much rather we play tight, attacking football in SPFL, which will then get players into the way of playing as they should in Europe. The closer it gets the less I am looking forward to this City game.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:

Except we are actually playing well and Brendan's already shown himself to be an astute manager, Brendan took over a shambles, Ronny didn't. Completely different situations.

14. ordinaryman

Yes BR is a better Manager - more experienced. Yes we are in a better position. Yes we are playing well, however that happens when we play fast, sharp football. When we slow it down, play side to side, don't play it tight, we get shown up because we give the opposition chances and when they take them, we rely on us scoring more than them - just like Liverpool in BR's days.

Am I concerned as I was under Ronny - No. Did I see us slipping into our old ways yesterday - Yes. However, again, if we are going to play it tight in Europe, can't just switch it on once every 2/3 weeks. Need game time practise and should do that in SPFL.

Simple question. Yesterday,knowing he was last man, rather than facing Draper, if he was facing Suarez or Aguero, would McGregor have been sharper on the ball? - Yes. Would he have tried to make that pass to Lustig? Don't believe he would. He got sloppy - in his SPFL mindset and that's what needs to change if we're going to develop and progress.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:

I'm not aure about any of that mate, at Liverpool be wasn't in charge of signings, he had no option to play the best way for results because he couldn't get personell in to fix the problems. I think he will here.

As it is though, Toure is a massive miss in terms of mentality, we got panicky out there at the end and I think that's because of his calming influence at the back.

My biggest concern right now is Dorus De Vries, he should have saved the first goal, without that goal we're strolling it. When we play a keeper in that type of form though, sometimes it just doesn't go your way.

16. ordinaryman

OK as you've said earlier, we'll see at the end of the season. Kolo, I agree, but for me BR's biggest task this season if you change way of thinking/playing for 90 min of many from SPFL mentality to European if we are serious about eating at top table.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I wouldn't prejudge whether we are good enough for the CL yet, we'll only know that when we play BMG. IMHO even Lenny's last 16 team (the best team we've had in many years) would only finish 3rd in this group and would probably have lost 3/4-0 last week.

Plus, as Devlin says, Rodgers hasn't really had long enough yet. Rodgers himself continually reiterates in his press conferences that we are not there and that there are important things we need to work on both attacking and defending.

18. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    I agree mate, hes good to light a fire under Gordons * but hes no better than Gordon, in terms of shot stopping anyway. Thats what a keeper should be capable of n thats it. De Vries long kicks are absolutely abysmal as well.

19. ordinaryman

Don't disagree with that, in fact he has intimated on a number of occasions that he/his team work on the mental side of the game, which I think is SO important when we play in Europe, as for me, it's our weakest part. For upcoming CL games I am sure BR/his Team will be working on that side of the game with, for example, KT because at some point when Navas or De Bruyne go at KT, as they will, the Lad will need to be mentally strong otherwise, being human, he'll be thinking " here we go again...just like Barca and start to make mistakes." At the end of the Barca game both he and Roberts looked shell-shocked and they both have so much to give, so wouldn't want a repeat.

20. Minimalist

Rodgers needs to take responsibility on signing him. All I hear is paper over the cracks on this guy.

I knew deep down this Keeper would be a donkey and he is. I actually cannot believe Rodgers got this fella in he isn't up to standard.