1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else feel Deila has been unlucky?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Apr 18, 2016.

Discuss Does anyone else feel Deila has been unlucky? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dáibhí

So anyone who clarifies a goal and fails to accomplish it is a conman in your book?

2. JoeDan67

He conned Celtic into hiring him by talking about all the players he brought through and sold for millions.

The reality is Tierney is doing great but Armstrong , and GMS have regressed whilst Allan and Christie have been sent to the Stephane Bonnes room and Henderson and O'Connell are out on loan.

The man's a fraud.

3. Dáibhí

Absolute bollocks! He was signed by Celtic for a number of reasons;

1. He was the cheaper option.
    2. His record in Norway was outstanding. He was considered a real prospect of a coach.
    3. He was prepared to work under the conditions our board set out.

It had * all to do with him "conning" anyone.

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

A conman? I'm not fully sure if people know why they've being using some of the words they're using I think they just like throwing around random buzzwords to criticise him with. :smiley-laughing002:

5. PlasticViking

"Yes man" *. Really should get a "no man" in there. I'd love to be there for that job interview:

"Here's the budget you have to work with. Want the job?"

"No."

"Perfect. You're just what we've been looking for"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  6. JoeDan67

1. The cheap option has cost us over £20m

2. He was a one hit wonder

3. I concede that he was prepared to be a yes man, but we wouldn't have been interested in him if he hadn't claimed the success of Stromgodset was down to him and a ban on tomato sauce.

They say that when the work of a good leader is done the people say we did it ourselves. But RD tries to claim all the credit.
    Take Bitton as an example. RD claimed that all the improvements in Bittons' play were down to him.

Since then Bitton has downed tools.RD was critical of Lenny and more or less accused him of letting players be unfit.

Did you see our team at the end of 90 minutes? Last time I saw that many guys rubbing their groin I was in a strip club.

RD is a fraud an imposter a charlatan a conman a legend in his own lunch time and a football manager in his own imagination

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I don't think you quite grasp what the concept of a "yes man" or the opposite of a "yes man" is. And no, it's not a "no man".

8. Haywood Jablomi

Can't add anything to this!!

9. PlasticViking

By the standards of this forum, a "yes man" is someone who accepts the Celtic job on the conditions imposed by the employer a.k.a. the board of directors. Which leads me to believe that some folks either have never held down a job, or they just harbor outdated fairy tale opinions on the football pecking order (basically thinking the manager is the boss of the club, if only the right manager).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  10. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Nah, he had the support of the fans from the start. I think the fact that we liked him as a guy meant we gave him more time than we should have.

11. Dáibhí

Sorry mate, but you're either still really angry about Sunday and simply don't have control of your mental faculties at the moment, or you're a * idiot.

Deila's not a conman or a fraud, he's a young manager who was given a job that was simply too big for him. He managed to take a rather small Norwegian club to the league title (their first in almost 50 odd years), and also a cup a few years before.

Just like we did with Lennon, we took a gamble on an untested, young manager who had shown some promise. Unlike the Lennon situation, it failed.

12. JoeDan67

He's prentending to be something he isn't. If he accepted he needed to learn and actually went through some kind of learning process I could accept that. But he thinks he's the finished article and just keeps trying to flog us "snake oil"

Not only is he a conman, he's even kidding himself.

13. Dáibhí

He "thinks he's the finished article"? When did he say that? In fact, when has any manager ever said that?

14. celtic20

Definitely think there are some instances where he's been unlucky in failing to achieve specific results, but the performances of the team this season haven't been down to luck - it's just been woeful management.

That's what has cost him for me.

15. JoeDan67

Why doesn't he learn then , why is there no progression. He thinks HE knows best, but he knows * all

16. DamienCorkBhoy

No I was in Malmö and it was 100% gutless.

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd be worried if we ever had a manager who didn't think they know best.

18. Dáibhí

Because he's a limited manager? You don't think he's trying? Going by your way of thinking every manager could end up being as good as Pep Guardiola, as all they have to do is "learn", right?

Bollocks, he's a limited manager who has a solid track record at a certain level. He was handed the opportunity of a lifetime and failed because it was a step too far from him.

Our board appointed him for the reasons I listed previously, simple as that.

That doesn't make him a con man, a charlatan or any of the other pish you're coming away with.

19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The guy is simply out of his depth and deep down I think he knows that .
    We must stop going down the cheap option route and I know a big name manager can fail but it is less likely than taking a gamble on an unknown option .

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I find the attempts to play down his achievements pretty sad. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

He deserves way more respect than he's being granted by a lot of people.