1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan demonstration for Ross County game - we have to do something

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Winston Ingram, Apr 18, 2016.

Discuss Fan demonstration for Ross County game - we have to do something in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Good man. :celt_2:

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye a calculated risk is still a risk. Yes we could better target the salary amounts we pay out, the only problem there is in the meantime we still need to pay the existing wages until those deemed no use are offloaded (what if we cant get shot of them ie Bobo and more recently sicknote). So we increase the outgoings in the hope that CL money will cover it. The easiest thing to do is get into debt, the hardest is getting out of it, so this strategy is not for me.

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

The champions league money Lenny got, and all that came with it. Then the player sales. We used it all ? And wisely ?

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Surely someone who was a bit braver and was willing to stake a small portion of his fortune on us to become a CL regular and all that it entails would be better than this lets lets not a spend a penny we don't earn nonsense.

It's crippling us. Football teams should work with a certain amount of risk attached, it's not a normal business. We are too much geared towards share prices and not enough towards the football team.

Someone willing to throw an extra 5 million in the hope of making an extra 30 million from the CL.

A lot of that on the manager, who will answer to no *.

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    You can look in the accounts mate there isn't a pile of cash sitting there.

Wisely ? that's a different question :54:

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The first question you need to answer there is - IF DD spent some more of his own money in the team, as you say, would you really be happy should it pay off for him to say double his money ? I will believe you if you say yes however there would be a meltdown on here from many about the 'robbing *' once that payment showed up in the accounts. Honestly for all the talk of shares prices very few places use Celtic as a 'normal' investment.

We do work while taking risk, for example a large chunk of our revenue comes form ST sales would you be comfortable just now planning next years budget based on that .. I would be nervous the 'only' redeeming thing is the dead are promoted and believe me that isn't something I have enjoyed typing.

Rightly or wrongly the days of a manager being the 'sole boss' are long gone if they ever really happened anyway.

7. Dirk_Diggler

We have signed 51 players in 4 years, IMO major mis-management from the very top the dough we raked in for vvd and wanyama and cl money is well gone we have squandered it on the likes of scepovic, cifti, Armstrong etc

8. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How can a chief executive's salary and bonuses be increasing every year when his company is performing increasingly worse every year?

9. OverandOver

:smiley-laughing002:

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

13. scootz

I still can't believe that folk either never saw this coming... or rather, that so many chose to allow their hatred of Rangers to seriously cloud their ability to rationalise!

I had to bite my tongue so many times as the real Celtic fans derided those who articulated a bit of concern at how the situation might affect us. To them, Rangers death was the best thing since sliced-bread and they crowed that Celtic was going to go from strength-to-strength. Anyone with any other opinion was treated to the usual childish 'sniff sniff' bullshit

But so the reality gripped... and Celtic slipped into mediocrity as the many 'undercover' fans predicted!

No * Sherlock!

Listen, I'll be the first to agree that the demise of Rangers was a good thing for Scottish Football in general as it seems to me that most Scottish Clubs have thrived in the post-Rangers era.

And yup, it was a great laugh for us as the * was hitting the fan. Man, it was hilarious!

But, oh me, what an absolute * disaster it's been for The Celtic Football Club!!!

The Board reigning operations right back-in due to uncertainty was always going to be on the cards.

Ronny D has been nothing more than a caretaker manager put in place until such a time as the circus-act made it into the SPL. Let's be honest here, a * ostrich could be the manager of Celtic and still win the SPL without a version of Rangers in it. Ronny could hardly * that up.

But he's been sussed... and he was sussed long before the defeat to Rangers Version 2.0. That he lost to Rangers in the cup game has only meant that he will not be given the very slim-chance he ever had of managing Celtic in Rangers first season in the SPL.

I predict that we'll get a decent manager and a few decent players at the end of this season, so hopefully the slump is almost over.

Hail hail. Onwards and upwards Bhoys!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  14. The Celtic Way

i questioned phil and the clumpony about the goings on at celtic and would they look into it last year, rather than constant go on about sevco, phil never replied, the clumpony blocked me, look how that turned out, it has took for celtic to more or less collapse for certain people to turn there attention away from sevco, * sickening.

15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    The " throw enough * at the wall in the hope the something sticks" approach to recruitment .

16. josep14

Fav Celtic Player:
    the maestro
    Back to the biscuit tin mentality of previous boards,selling quality players and replacing them with substandard ones

17. KingArtur'1

transfer money is pocket money to desmond. if i was lucky enough to have his money and in his position at the club then i would have no problems spending some.

why watch the club you own and support go the way we have? we cannot settle for this sell our best players to balance the books bullshit anymore

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I mentioned this elsewhere but was it no his boy that had the keen interest in us?

19. md1981

Heard that too. If the chat is true, then it's Desmond's boy that has the active interest in us. It's Dermot's in name only, the kid is the one who deals in club business.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It'd be interesting to know. I'm sure Dermot had big stakes in United, and that was his football interest..