1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Earthlings

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by mygirlmaria, Apr 4, 2016.

Discuss Earthlings in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yes, it is a tough watch, but i am glad i watched it. As pathetic as it is, i already only eat Free range eggs and chickens, and i am now going to actively make sure i dont buy meat that isnt organic or has some assurance of how the animal was treated etc. I know it isnt a guarantee though, but id like to think if the system is being abused still, then it will be highlighted somewhere i will see it.

My biggest flaw is butter.. I * love it, but im currently unaware of where to buy an alternative or an organic butter whereby the cow did not lose her calf to continue to produce milk, but that it was 'shared' with the calf. That apart, i would have no problem giving up dairy.

I want to do it and will in time....and i want everyone to see this.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Shut the * up.

'I'm going to buy meat thats organic, i love butter but if someone can tell me where to heart butter while also being a lying sack of * then I would be most grateful.'

You watched it, you will drink full fat milk tomorrow and console yourself with a sirloin the next day.

3. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I dont drink milk now at all, (although i do eat ice cream now and then)and dont eat red meat either, other than black pudding and maybe 5 or 6 burgers a year.

Not had a steak since i was 19.....but i do genuinely love butter. I did google about organic butter, but havent come up with anything as yet.

I also dont bet on greyhounds ever due to the abuse they go through. The owners and trainers are generally morons and every bet on a dug aids the abuse.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You talk mair * than ten arses.

5. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Its true. I was a veggie for a year, but gave up due to lack of imagination in the kitchen, and being typically Scottish, me and vegetables are not natural bedfellows.

The older i get, the more guilty i feel about the whole thing. Im not against eating meat, but im totally against any animal suffering.......and i want to see some serious guarantees on the labels etc.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I would also like to see the whole industry be more transparent. Any * found guilty of some of the * on that film should be prosecuted and severely punished if found guilty.

Breeding of dogs and cats should be illegal without a licence. It should be compulsory for all pets to be neutered if not in breeding. You should need a license to own any animal and be 100% accountable for its welfare.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I just eat whatever is nice, and cheap. Mostly cheap.

Couldn't give a * how it was raised, killed, disposed of.

The pet stuff was * though, the dog in the bin truck was harrowing.

8. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I understand that....most people do the same, but i dont believe you are being totally honest in your second line. Perhaps you dont care enough to do anything about it, but you must care to a degree. Your sentence implies given a choice between eating an animal abused and one given some quality of life and death, you wouldnt care either way.....i dont believe you.

I do accept people have their priorities as to what is important in life....you cant feel guilty about everything etc.

PS, i do remember you mentioning you worked in a deli or butchers or similar when younger, so perhaps you are desensitised when it comes to livestock. Are you do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I worked in the Duke St slaughterhouse. it was quite civilised most of the time.

10. Dáibhí

That's a bit of a recipe for disaster to be honest mate, as what's cheap is usually cheap for a reason.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I've considered becoming vegan for a long time now. My 2 best pals are vegan.

It * me off when vegans get alot of flak for being the way they are. Treated as weirdo hippies. But when you see videos like that, can't argue with veganism

I still eat meat and dairy. But I could see myself making the switch eventually

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Haven't seen it, won't be watching it either.

I eat as organicly as possible, and cook most of my own meals - don't eat a lot of processed stuff (well, I think).

But * being a vegan - boring *. I mind a few years ago I worked with a guy who was vegan, but was about 18 stone. A discussion was had around the coffee table at lunchtime in regards to Mr.X and the mystery surrounding his size and being a vegan, until one of the older boys walked in, heard the discussion and casually remarked "well coos eat grass and look at the size a they fat *!".

13. Dáibhí

To be fair, a lot of them deserve the flack. The types who define their lives by being vegan are * unbearable.

There's also those who are like former smokers, the preachy * who love nothing better than plastering their facebook pages with * about how animals are being slaughtered, and who look down on people who are the same way they were a few years ago.

Like I said earlier, I've cut meat out of my diet and love the benefits, and if anyone asks me about it I'll tell them my honest opinion, but it certainly doesn't define me.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

They're more concrrned aboot morals, environment and health than being deemed boring :smiley-laughing002:

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I get where you're coming from but I disagree that they deserve flak.

The only reason it annoys people is because it makes them feel guilty. There is no problem in pointing out that animals are abused. Aye the ones who look down on others are * but I dint know many vegans like that. More people who try to show people the reality of it

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You walk into a room with 3 people, 2 are Vegan. How can you tell which 2?

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Go on then :smiley-laughing002:

18. Dáibhí

I don;t eat meat and they annoy me! :smiley-laughing002:

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    It is very difficult to feel passionately about something and remain silent.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Don't you eat dairy? Cause the same still applies then.

Not you specifically but I think they make vegetarians feel bad too. I don't endorse making people feel bad. But when it's about animal cruelty I can't really argue