1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Beat off a pub team, and they didn't even look like they cared

2. entersalmon

Incredibly disappointed. Unacceptable to lose, especially in that manner. Absolutely dreading work. Mortified.

3. The Celtic Way

I will no doubt get slaughtered for this but i was actually impressed with them today, i thought it would be close but thought we would win, but they looked very assured in there style of play, first half coming out from the back we could not get near them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shaun

My thinking now, players will do this, but short changing the fans. If they don't want to play for manager/Staff, then at least play for the fans. Players let us down today, AGAIN too many injuries...

:shamrock:

5. chrish788

Was thinking that earlier. Used to go to school/uni in Glasgow and the days after losing especially in high school were murder. Will be much worse after the length of time they've waited for that today. All the best mate :54:

6. Shaun

7. chrish788

They were a team that had mentally outfought Celtic after the first ten minutes...

8. Mr Diggler

What annoys the * out of me is that Rangers had probably 3 players who may well have started injured and another player who was cup tied who would have made the bench and we still couldn't beat them. No Waghorn, Forrester or O'Halloran and Billy King cup tied, and we still couldn't beat them. I am getting angrier by the minute and hearing the huns out my back window celebrating is * killing me.

9. thrillhouse

That's it for Ronny. I always maybe wondered before that the circumstances were against him. That our opposition and finances held him back a bit and he was doing the best with what he had.

Now though it's clear how poor this side is. We were lucky to get to penalties ffs. They looked so much better as a team, they moved the ball around and generally looked high quality all over the pitch. They're still in a lower division and we looked second best almost the whole way through. The fact it's Rangers just makes it worse.

How badly we have been under performing is now clear, capital letters and a big fat red line under it. Big changes next season or it'll be a long * year.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly thought they would have more possession than that

11. ariba1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We didn't deserve to win that match today if we did, we played * awful from the from the start. I can't pick out one good player, maybe Gordon but that is it. None of the players looks liked they gave a care about winning but why do they care they are off to put their feet up in their mansions now and pick up there next pay slip. Ronny, Collins and Kennedy are clueless.

12. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    They played as good as they possibly could, every single pass and touch seemed to come off for them . One of those days . We hit the bar , the post , missed an open goal, missed a couple of other clear chances too. If we had scored first and got our tails up it would have been a different story. Confidence , belief and momentum are incredibly powerful in football.

13. Col1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnstone, Lennox, Dalglish,McStay,Moravcik,Larsson,Naka,McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wullie Maley, Fields of Athenry
    Today just showed how tactically inept Delia is. His 4-2-3-1 formation has * me off , since he arrived. It was apparent after 15 mins it wasn't working and they were loading up on Lustig. Our two wide players , GMS and Roberts did * all going backwards. 4-4-2 would have been far better. GMS should never be near a game like that from the start. He's a * * ! No bottle !

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yep armstrong was a better shout

15. ariba1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I honestly don't now what we do in training as passing is the most basic skill of playing football and we couldn't do it. Surely its the manager that should be sorting this out in training but it isn't happening as we have been like that nearly all season. Our passing is a joke at times.

16. dmccourt95

* me looking at they stats is even worse, this mob have played part timers and looked more uncomfortable this season, 64% possession I never thought I'd honestly say they played us off the park, coming into the game i thought we'd take 4 off them and if we got beat it would be through being cheated but to sit back and look gutless in midfield and scared of the ball as if its a European giant we are playing is embarrassing. Deila had a chance to show that he had something and if he was going out he was going out with a bang but hes * * as a manager

17. realshocks

Absolutely, it's a good thing if Deila goes. I'm far more concerned with smashing these * right back into their place next season in the league, which I believe we will do comfortably with a half decent manager. Today's game is no biggy for me. You see in football when sides hang onto a failing manager, it can drag on. I hope that one dodgy refereeing decision, and a penalties loss will see him gone. That is infinitely more important. The Cup is nothing, and annihilation of them in the league is the be all and end all. We have a decent team, more money and a * manager.

I'm extremely optimistic if he is canned.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

18. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    That's me almost out of faith in Ronnie. A lot of things went wrong today. * gutted. :54:

19. Martybhoy53

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  20. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Your joking?