1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Kolbeinn Sigþórsson from FC Nantes

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by ChristianH, Jan 11, 2016.

Discuss Kolbeinn Sigþórsson from FC Nantes in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Celtic are back in the hunt for £2.5m Icelandic striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.

The Scottish champions are chasing the 25-year-old who is set to leave Nantes after failing to settle in France.

Sigthorsson, left, joined the Ligue 1 side last summer from Ajax , but has struggled to make an impact.

The hitman first came to Celtic’s attention just over two years ago and previous boss Neil Lennon went to watch him in action. No move materialisedat the time and the Iceland striker stayed in Amsterdam until clinching a big-money move to Nantes last July.

Sigthorsson, who starred for Ajax against Celtic in Champions League group games in 2013, has a fine record for his country.

He has netted 18 goals in 30 games and helped Iceland reach Euro 16.

However, despite being handed a five-year deal as part of his £3m move from Ajax, Nantes will let him go if they can recoup most of the fee they paid Ajax.

Nantes had high hopes for the striker but Sigthorsson has toiled in France and was the victim of an astonishing rebuke from his club chairman last week.

Nantes chief Waldemar Kita said: “We’re a little disappointed with what’s happened with Kolbeinn.

“We’re doing everything possible to put him on the field in a perfect shape.

“He’s a real footballer but I’m not sure we have the know-how to accommodate this type of player.

“It’s a mistake on my part and on our part. However, the player must also put more into the cause.”

Sigthorsson responded to the public caning yesterday and scored just his second goal in 15 appearances for the club with the winner in the 2-1 triumph against
    St Etienne.

He said: “The criticism has hurt but I’ll come back stronger. For me it’s a new year and a new start.”

Celtic, who are looking at a host of options in various positions, have yet to make any official offer to Nantes but are keeping a close eye on the situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolbeinn_Sigþórsson

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kolbeinn-sigthorsson/profil/spieler/52246

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chasing-25m-rated-nantes-7154972

2. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    No better then what he have wish we could have getting his Replacement Milk only cost 2.5 million as well

3. Fanny Chmelar

Hope not,he seems to be just as injury prone as Derk.

4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Another Ajax cast off. No for me, havent relly been impressed when I've seen him. Thought he was still at Ajax tbh.

5. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Meh, next.

6. Priest

We had him on trial when he was about 15

7. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Don't rate him, at Ajax he never scored more than 10 goals a season and in a league like the Eredivisie where the defences are very open and the football is very offensive, playing for arguably the best team in the Netherlands, that's a pretty poor return if you ask me. Absolute * like Altidore have succeeded in that league and scored more goals than Sigþórsson.

8. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Naw Naw NAW NAW NAAAAAW

9. Priest

Milik turned us down when he left Poland to go to Leverkusen 3 years ago, some papers at the time were actually reporting that we had won the race for him on the day that he signed for them instead. :54:

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As soon as you hear Lenny and striker, then no thanks.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not for me.

Don't fancy signing a guy who has been poor for a while and injury prone. Funnily enough.

12. aliceinsound

where are we even going to fit another striker in? Unless we are just giving up on ciftci then we will have 4 strikers for one place in the team

13. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    I don't think he's solution to our problems. As some posters mentioned he wasn't exactly scoring for fun when he was with Ajax, and knowing that Ajax almost always has the best team in Holland says it all.

14. The Celtbot

He seems to have done alright during the euros to be fair.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I said in the summer we should have signed him, good hardworking player who can hold the ball and I think would do well for us in European games, bit of a Naismith like player.

Id take him, he'd do a decent job in the League as well but it would be mostly for Europe id sign him.

At Ajax he didnt fit in as he doesnt have great technical quality to nit play together and that he just didn't suit the way they play but neither does that Milik either who many here would sign just cause he scores a lot when hes not very good either.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Surely we should be looking for that as well though? In a lone striker for a 4-2-3-1.

Griffiths isn't technically great but he has enough to get by and has improved in that area. Our next target should really be someone more technical who can link play in that role.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Chances of that are slim though, Sighthorsson can hold a ball, run in behind, works hard and kind of player who'd do ok in Europe for us, would be a good addition. Its not like hes that bad on the ball, he's decent.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Meh. I'm not convinced, seems like a bit of a diddy from what I have seen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK-eSQob8mo[/ame]

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :56: class video

He's not great but I think he would do a good job, as I said a Naismith style player average on the ball but decent work rate, can hold a ball and someone who'd probably pop up with goals in Europe. Richer mans Kenny Miller with less pace and more technique.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

even if we did sign him, how the * do you say his surname?

Sig-thor-son?