1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Ljuban Crepulja

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by themouth1888, Jan 8, 2016.

Discuss Ljuban Crepulja in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

Thats what I saw too. That and he does plenty of no messing tackles - nothing fancy, just foot on the ball and shoulder into the player

2. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    "Ronny Deila says Crepulja training with #Celtic & decision will be made in around a week."

3. ariba1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sign him, he looks like Messi :50:

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Nothing certain yet, obviously not 100 percent on him.

That was 22 mins ago by the BBC.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Zagreb based journo. Claims Mocinic is a better player also...hmmm. Cheap option?

6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not overly fussed on this one. He'd be a development player I think. Mocinic looks more accomplished

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm also a bit concerned by the fact we 'spotted' him while scouting another player(Mocinic).

Suggests to me that we have rushed into this one after being told Mocinic is apparently staying.

8. rickyroma25

I was waiting for this. Everytime we're linked with someone from the Balkans somebody comes along to tell us he's not good enough for us. I think a lot of them have an exaggerated view of "what's good enough for Celtic".

We won't be signing the Brozovic's or Kovacic's of the world so we'll have to settle for young guys with good technique and potential. The description of someone who creates and can hold on to the ball sounds good to me. Especially at the price being quoted.

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A left-footed Biton. Just great.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This is just a strange one.

Impressed with him in one match so we ask him over for a trial and won't make a decision until late in the window. Just seems quite rushed.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We don't need that though.

We need a destroyer type player, someone who is all about defending and can recycle the ball and play the odd wonder pass. One of our main downfalls in Europe and the reason we concede so much is a severe lack of protection in front of the back 4.

As I said before I get the impression we haven't taken alot of thought when deciding on this one, he hasn't been scouted as much as Mocinic.

12. rickyroma25

I think we do need it. Not as imperatively as a DM, but we do need quicker passing and quicker thinking midfielders. A big part of protecting the defence is not giving away cheap posession in the middle of the park. Bitton often does this. Brown's passing is an abomination at times. If we can retain the ball better under pressure it goes a long way to easing the strain on the CB's.

But aye, of course we need a defensive mid. I just don't want us to ignore somebody with talent because he doesn't fit the mould of a destroyer. Any player who improves the team should be signed. especially at £300 grand

Will this guy improve us? Well we've got him on trial for a week so I suppose we'll find out.

13. DaBomber

Have a horrible feeling this is going ahead because we aren't forking out the money to chase Mocinic who seems a real gem, obviously if this guy has quality I'll be pleased but I know this situation far too well from previous Windows.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He might have talent yes but it would be bloating the squad again with an extra central player, when we'd then still be left looking for what we really need(IMO) a proper, Wanyama type defensive mid.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Agree I think we need an out and out sitting defensive player.

Weird really that we are looking at this guy, Mocinic and Ajer none of whom are really defensive midfielders.

16. VikingBhoy

Same guy thought Simunovic was crap- Who knows?

17. rickyroma25

I get that point mate. I've just always been of the opinon that you sign talent wherever you find it. If he's an upgrade on what we've got then get him in. I'd love us to sign Mocinic as well, but we don't even know if he's willing to come here.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Only that 20 minute video but I liked what I saw..

Young, plenty scope to improve, good in the tackle and quite strong and committed for a wee guy but as soon as he's on the ball, he's either driving forward or playing a splitting pass. I agree with those above saying we don't have many central midfielders that are that quick in the pass and forward thinking...Bitton is class but can dally far too much and Broony isn't capable of that kind of range of passing, consistently..

I don't see the problem in taking him on trial either if we weren't originally scouting him but he showed up well instead of our other target's. 300 grand is fuckall really, we bought some Icelandic striker who pretty much never got a game and have sent the Irish boy out on loan to Alloa, who isn't setting anything alight, for not much less than this reported fee..

Also, I'm not gonna be swayed on a Croatian journo/blogger. They were all laughing when we signed Simunovic, a Croatian under 21 captain!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  19. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    There's one thing that bothers me about this one. If he's that good player, why is he still playing for Slaven * Belupo, aged 22? You would expect him to play trade abroad or to play for Dinamo, Hajduk, or Rijeka.

20. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    There loss is our gain. If were happy enough an he impresses then fir 300k hope we sign him up.

I know what people are saying about a solid DM but in 90 odd% of our games we don't need one in scotkand we could easily play 2 Deep lying playmakers as such .