1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Making A Murderer (Netflix doc. Series)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Slaw, Dec 31, 2015.

Discuss Making A Murderer (Netflix doc. Series) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

2. celticbhoy123

There will be many, many people that would never have heard of Steven Avery or his case before this new documentary, therefore, by saying what happens to the man, you are quite obviously spoiling it for others who do not know. How can't you see this ?
    And lol at your example of WW2, just lol.

Anyways, I have not watched something as gripping as this in a long time. It just pulls you in and it is so hard to stop watching.
    I would be interested to know of any other documentaries worth my time ?

3. celtic warrior

great show

I can't believe the judge thought the voicemail being accessed a day before she is reported missing is irrelevant and that the ex partner just gets away with accessing the voicemail and blatenly deleting messages.

the lack of blood yet avery's is in her car does not add up either.

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    When you see a thread about a film or tv show or that, that you want to watch why would you click on it after it's already released and people have seen it though?

I commented on this thread before I finished watching but I didnt read a single post as im not a stupid * lol obviously people who've watched it will be talking about it.

5. rickythescot Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    The jinx is pretty interesting, was recommended in this thread before so i gave it a go. Not as compelling as the avery story but interesting non the less :50:

6. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    This is a poor guy's life and folk are crying about spoilers :56:

Welcome to entertainment in the 21st century.

7. celtic warrior

#Firstworldproblems

8. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    outstanding documentary as good as breaking bad IMO...:50:

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Missus is engrossed by it. Not really my cup of tea.

I just jumped to the end and read the story online.

Not exactly cut and dried is it?

Seems like he was a bit of a * growing up, setting fire to cats and *. Not the happy go lucky person that his family try to paint him as.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Even taking into account the fact the documentary was filmed with the intention of painting him as innocent, I would suggest it was cut and dried. Yes.

There are certain factual elements which tell me personally that there is zero chance he killed her.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

If he did kill her, he's some sort of * up black magic mastermind.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The fact there's a syringe hole in his blood vile in storage and there's cotton bud blood marks in the RAV4 :56:

A RAV4 he would have no need for whatsoever if he did rape her in the house then kill her in the garage (where none of her DNA was found) then burn her body out the back in front of the World. It's actually :52: before you factor in the fact the State saved themselves tens of millions by framing him.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he done it too, then he parked the motor right at the front of his own scrapyard, where it was that easy to find someone found it within 20 minutes or something of looking in a massive scrapyard of what looked likemaybe 1000+ motors, where he could easily either have hidden it far better, or left it much further away.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He was a bit of a simpleton though, that much I garnered from the 30 minutes I watched of the first episode before reading up on it afterwards.

Not saying he is guilty but this whole fawning over him like he was a saint is a bit cringeworthy. He was a * of the highest order, animal abuse, robbery etc...

If he was innocent then fair enough but him and his family were regular opponents to the law, and listeing to them painting him as some kind of second coming was a bit nauseating.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly so there is no chance he could go to that level to hide his DNA and her blood

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Did he hide the dna and blood though? Was that not why he was caught?

18. JamesM09

You need to watch it tbh mate. Basically what happened was the cops made up a story that he took her into the garage (a very messy garage with lots of junk) and blew her brains out.

Their proof was a single bullet embedded in the floor with her blood on it, although once that bullet was tested there was no more DNA, and there was some issues with the testing because the forensic scientist was talking to a student during the test (the most important test the county ever had, and a one-time only test), so it also had her DNA.

The points are these:
    - There's no way he could've cleaned up that much blood splatter from that garage. Literally no one could. (except Winston Wolfe).
    - The used bullet being in the garage isn't suspicious (they are hicks and there was loads of shell cases and bullets and things.)
    - The cops had access to her blood, and could easily have put it on the bullet. Mind they also fudged the test.

Also his blood was found in her RAV4, although his old blood vial which was on file had been opened with a syringe. No one knows why and apparently it's not common practice. An FBI test showed the blood in the vial and the blood in the car is not the same, but expert witness testimony showed this test was very flawed.

There's more to it than that, but it was all quite ridiculous tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

According to those that put him away he must have cleared a garage of any trace, whatsoever, of Teresa Halbach's DNA.

Some going for a guy with an IQ of 70.

20. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye fair enough he wasn't a saint but what he done in the past he served time for (including 18 years for a crime he didn't commit) now he has life without parole for something which I don't think he did.