1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Motherwell 19 Dec 3pm KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Dec 16, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Motherwell 19 Dec 3pm KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Lennon.

It's not as hard as you're making it sound. We aren't wanting much. Just consistency in the league and not getting humiliated in Europe.

2. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    By May you mean December?

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

How many saves did the motherwell keeper have to make. Sideways * again and again

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I don't want to go overboard, however is Ronny doing this ? I can't see it. Therefore I don't think it is a logical defence for him tbh.

5. entersalmon

First home game I've missed this season. Sounds so disappointing. Just assumed we would go on to stroll it when we went ahead :(

6. Richmal

you really dont care do you?...you really dont give a *, you are an imbecille and an imposter of a celtic fan, you and your type make me sad!... you are a Part time fan if even that, i aint willing to scrimp and save each year to get my season tickets, and see this stromgodset manager in charge of my club! any * longer:38: if you are a paying fan on here who criticises me or disagrees with me then i can live with that, but the usual suspects who clearly DONT go to the games.....have NO right to criticise us who pay, and want rid of this man

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He can only do so much motivating, if a player cant motivate himself when he puts on the shirt then they shouldnt be at the club.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Not enough, but he wasn't a spectator.

I agree with you, there needs to be more direct play and players taking MORE opportunities at goal.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well let's see.

Ciftci, Deila's number 7 and the only striker signed during the summer, started up front. The guy clearly isn't good enough. McManus * sped past him.

Allan, the guy Deila was raving about and wanted him for quite some time, started on the bench for the umpteenth team. Even after impressing every time he's played.

It took him until the 75th minute to go two up front, and that consisted of punting the ball 60 yards and doing * all else for 10 minutes.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Off the top of my head I remember one he parried over the bar and I'm not even convinced he got a touch.

11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I genuinely laughed out loud at that.

12. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You are an absolute walloper.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

We scored a goal and had one cleared directly off the line from Boyata.

As I say, we need more urgency, but we are not as awful as some suggest.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah, I think I'll keep supporting Celtic.:50:

You're missing the point. Of course this is the league we play to win, but not winning this league would be a * disgrace. Let's be honest, not one sane person on the planet wouldn't expect Celtic to win this league. Therefore, being top of the league can't be used to defend Deila when he's failed, again, to get into the CL and we've been * out of Europe without putting up much of a fight.

Our performances domestically as well are * most of the time. I'm not just talking about results, even when we win, half the time it's a laboured performance.

15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    No the end of May so the board can take their time and get the right man to take this club forward and play football the Celtic way instead of this *

16. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    There is no Celtic Way any more. That was in the 60s and football has changed.

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah i think they looked shot today, as they have a number of times this season this team, ronnies team hasn't played to it's potential since last season

it looked to me almost like the tony mowbray stmirren game game when they * us 4-0

the players are out of ideas and look shot

what happened to that fast pressing game that ronnie talked about and we played at times last season, we always seem to revert back to slow side to side and back passing.

so what ronnie said we would be doing isnt happening and what ronnie said we wouldn't be doing is happening

gutted really gutted wanted this to work wanted the team to play a modern fast attacking style with like 4 forward players 1 striker and 3 attacking midfielders but it just ain't working i don't know if they are just not good enough *possible or we aren't playing the system right

whenever we try and up the pace of our passing we lose possession of the ball so i guess that means the players arent good enough, which isnt really a surprise cause they were bought for 50p in football money :38:

i'm depressed, i like ronnie, he talks a good game, says the right things but aint able to deliver what he says :( not all his fault lawell the board have been downsizing since tob blew up

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  18. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Heartless and gutless. We had chances to finish the game off,never took them and paid the price
    Scott mc Donald ran our. defence ragged while that * Ciftci ran about like a headless chicken.Absolutely horrendous second half performance from all of the team

19. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Not the 1st time you made a I'm a better fan because I go to more games type comment we all want Celtic to be the best we can be people just have disagreements of how to achieve that I don't think anybody is a * over having a different view because we all want the same thing but you definitely are

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Well if you don't get any enjoyment from domestic success, then aye....you best jump ship and support some random Emglish club or something :50:

A Celtic manager's objective is to win the league. Being on course to do that is INDEED something to back him up - regardless of whether or not you think the league is prestigeous enough for your liking.

By all means, give him critique for his European record, but don't be a fool and use his domestic SUCCESS in any other way than a positive.