1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris...shootings and explosions

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CH4, Nov 13, 2015.

Discuss Paris...shootings and explosions in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Your quite delusional, ISIS has been in Syria longer than Iraq and has gotten most of its Weapons there, including tanks, what the got in Iraq were mostly abandoned trucks and humvees

And Assad has been buying Oil from Assad, and Syrian Businessmen freely move around raqqa to do business, for Assad ISIS has helped him by eliminating many smaller rebel groups and by taking their focus off his army and instead focusing on the Kurds and FSA. And Russia not only hasn't been fighting ISIS since the beginning, they have only started bombing ISIS after the plane bombing.

2. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Russian and Soviet policies have a long history and have helped create the environment for Islamism to grow. Central Asia, the North Caucasus, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan etc are part of Russia's history of colonialism and colonialism breeds resentment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–Afghan_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechen–Russian_conflict

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_rebellion_in_Xinjiang_(1937)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Prigorodny_Conflict

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajikistani_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Dagestan

And of course Russia is fueling Islamism with its bombing of Syria.

3. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Well thankfully for Civilians, I doubt they have come close to reaching those numbers and as for killing 600 terrorists in one strike, thats extremely doubtful even of they were all standing together out in the open, Russian ship launched cruise missiles at best have 800 kg of explosive power, and were mainly build for anti ship warfare

4. This Charming Man

Okay. I respect the question but I'm going to politely refuse to answer it.

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    You're seriously delusional if you believe IS don't persecute Muslims.

The war on terrorism started after 9/11 and has never ceased. It has brought us to the stage where we are more vulnerable than ever to terrorism.

What is the solution? strangulation of all funding, and ensuring IS receive no further arms. Simply bombinh the lot of them has been proven time and time again to be counterproductive to the effort to stop terrorism.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

That's fine mate.
    Do you mind telling me your age, to give me some perspective on your thinking (i'm not grooming you):icon_mrgreen:

You can private message if you want, not sure how that works though:54:

7. This Charming Man

To answer your first paragraph, there are two predominant sects of Islam, Sunni & Shiite. The Shiite sect are mainly the ones who come under fire by ISIS, which is why I specified that in the first post.

That is a good answer. I know that Saudi Arabia is the source of this mess. I really don't know why Britain is so scared of the Arabians but it seems thus far that they're scared of offending them, which sometimes I probably base my opinion off this partially (knowing that Britain are too scared to be real about the situation and address the problem with the Saudis directly).

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You don't think 4 days of constant bombardment has killed more than 130 civilians?

According to B14340(?) the Russians have been using white phosphorous as well.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You a " * Brit" The Dark? :56::56::56:

11. This Charming Man

12. Wicker Bhoy

13. Wicker Bhoy

How is it relevant?

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The West went to war with German to protect a sovereign nation - Poland.
    We didn't really know about the Final Solution until we started coming across the camps in 44.
    So yes, the West did idly sit by and let them.
    German and Japanese expansionism caused WW2, not the slaughter of people.

People gave even less * about the deaths of millions then than they do now - India, China, Ukraine, Armenia..... No one intervened in these for the sake of 'the people'.
    The sooner people realise a government will only intervene in these is when they have something to benefit from it (Africa a prime example).

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That Donald Trump story is unbelievable. The scary thing is, loads of people in the US will lap that * up.

Thankfully he has probably went too far though and alienated himself from swing voters who can actually think for themselves.

He got burned a cracker on Twitter...

A former US marine has won plaudits on Twitter after he shut down Donald Trump over his controversial comments about introducing a ‘Muslim database’.

@muslimmarine began trending worldwide after Tayyib M. Rashid posted a photo of his US Marine Corps ID card with the caption: "Hey @realDonaldTrump, I'm an American Muslim and I already carry a special ID badge. Where's yours?"

[​IMG]

16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  17. Wicker Bhoy

That's not really an answer to either of the points I made.

We know that ISIS are slaughtering hundreds of thousands in their home land and want to expand and kill hundreds of thousands in other nations. Should we just let them do this?

France has been attacked by ISIS. Should France just let that slide and not try to shut down the organisation? Considering its highly likely that they will do it again.

What is your solution?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

18. Dáibhí

Still looking for an instant solution to a problem that is as complex as they come, eh?

Tell you what, our Governments seem hellbent on using your solution, so let's see what happens after our leaders bomb as much of Syria as is humanly possible.

If that works, and we see no more terror attacks then I'll be the first to laud your superior intellect.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Since 9/11 we have been involved the bombing of Afghanistan, Iraq and Libyia. We have supported the Saudi government in their bombing of Yemen. Are UK citizens safer now than we were then? I don't believe so, which is why I refuse to believe that a carpet bombing campaign against IS will suddenly reverse this trend. If we aren't prepared to look at real solutions - namely cutting of their supply of money and arms - then bombing alone shouldn't even be considered.

20. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So your solution is do nothing?