1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Real money paid/recieved for Simunovic/Van Dijk etc

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Nov 11, 2015.

Discuss Real money paid/recieved for Simunovic/Van Dijk etc in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. VikingBhoy

I think this includes expenditure related to extending contracts (Bitton, Gordon... )

2. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do you mean we are encouraging the press to print false transfer fees to make it look like we're spending more than we are ?

If so I agree. And we've been doing it for years. The two that spring to mind are Nakamura and Boerrigter. I can't mind the exact fee Strachan said Naka was but 900k rings a bell when the press reported more than double that. Boerrigter was similar.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Malmo et al have spent a fraction that we have and have a substantially smaller wage bill than us.

4. JohnBhoy95

Granted us not spending much wasnt the only reasons why we didnt make the cl but you can't deny if we reinvested more money in the transfer window we'd be in the cl atm. They replace VVD and denyar, one of the best cb pairings we've had in a while, with Boyata,Blackett and Jozo. If we value VVD at the reported 11-13 million we got for him and denyar is worth 7.5 mil at least with the form he showed last year. we replaced then with the cheap option from city and a player thats showing potential but has more injured more than he's played.
    I know VVD was there for the qualifiers but if they spend money on a decent partner for VVD or push the boat out to sign Denyar again before the qualifiers started we'd be looking forward to trips away to PSG and Real Madrid atm.

5. saltire78

Or we'd be in deep * right now after not qualifying, and looking at a firesale in the Christmas transfer window. If you want to band around hypotheticals you need to remember the hypothetical worst cases too...

6. JohnBhoy95

No, we would have got that 11-13 million for VVD anyway if we didnt qualify for the Champions league and we could of got a bit more if we did. We spend the money for Jozo in July with the plan to sell VVD regardless if we got CL football or not. Why couldnt we actually spend the money on Jozo before the CL qualifiers instead of doing it on deadline day if VVD was always going to be sold?

7. JimMc

Allan, Ciftci, Janko, Blackett and Bailly.

So Delia & Collins can't even spot a decent player off the pitch.

Inverness material.
    Those second rate players I mean, not Delia&Co, they are not even Sevco standard.

8. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    Janko has been good and you have hardly saw Allan play for us.

9. Fanny Chmelar

Source?

10. Fanny Chmelar

Why dont you mention Denayer,Guidetti,Simonovic,Gordon,Armstrong ect?

11. Mannix

I've seen you trotting this out before. Technically perhaps you are correct that we are spending the same, but in real terms we are downsizing. We are standing still and stagnating which means our resources will start to shrink.

12. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    If you'd take time to read his post he actually agrees with all of the above and explains why it's practically impossible to do otherwise.

"I've seen you trotting this out before" ffs, the contempt is almost palpable :smiley-laughing002:

What are you trotting out exactly? Not much from what I can see.

I for one am very happy that ILTC "trots" out facts and figures which counter most argument from posters against the board.

13. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lawell's master plan in action. Twaaat.