1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Molde v Celtic- UEFA Europa League 22nd October- Kick Off 20:05 BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Oct 17, 2015.

Discuss Molde v Celtic- UEFA Europa League 22nd October- Kick Off 20:05 BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. odonno

ok mum, kdnon mate I'm beeling

2. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    A bit off topic but I can't see a general Europa league thread,thinking of booking up for the away fernebache game and what's people's opinions of how safe it would be lol?,anyone ever been to Istanbul?

3. GreenLantern Green Lantern

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank McAvennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I've only been to Constantinople once and it was OK lost of bustling people on the go and lots of Bazzars, but going there for Football and in lesser numbers than Usual I'd be very carefull , and wouldn't get * for starters ..... depending on the weather , I'd only do a 24 Hour shot and keep your wits about you.

4. oh bhoy

We were brutal in every area, I'm sick of the side to side bollocks relying on the lb and rb to fire in crosses to a lone striker in a crowded defence every game is the same. struggling to remember an opportunity to even get a shot away last night apart from commons and a couple of long range efforts from bitton

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That last part strikes me..

5 men, yet one or two passes and 3 plus the forward are out the game, another and there bearing down on goal with Broony and Bitton out the game and the defence wide open..

They were far too silky and quick on the break, passing it around us. It shouldn't be happening with the difference in budgets etc. It was exactly how Ronny talks and would love us to play..

Our variation going forward really does leave a lot to be desired. Everything is slow, one paced, side to side with no imagination. It's easy to defend against. No real risks. Just poor..

6. GreenLantern Green Lantern

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank McAvennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    The 1 up front is modern but has it's flaws ...... the 3 behind the striker need to be mobile both going forward and when defending , going forward the wide men need to take on the Fullback and get to the Bye Line (how often do Celtic actually achieve this goal ?)

Defensively you need to be able to run and tackle ( not what Commons is good at) and then use the ball , the problem being once you hit the bye Line do we have enough Bodies in the Box to score or can the Crosser find a Celt ?

When the play breaks down an bypasses our 3 behind the Striker , we only have 2 Midfielders , so we need 2 enforcers who can shift and tackle ..... at the moment we don't have this , Broony finds it hard to pass the ball well and Bitton is not a bad passer but he's light in the tackle.

Defensively , our Fullbacks are poor in the tackle and cutting out crosses ..... which puts the Central Defensive partnership under pressure ......... at this point the Goalkeeper should be controling things , but I don't see Gordon giving the defence * or instructions of what he wants .

This Team will never improve if we don't do the Basics well , and Deila finds Plan B and C.

7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Great post, prob the words that most people are trying to say. I would disagree with one thing though, although the board have been penny pinching, most of the players we have are good players. The teams we have played against and struggled don't have as much as a budget as us. So that is where the coaching comes in or lack of. If Ronny is going to survive he needs to get rid of Collins ( he has previous, I am sure after he left Hibs players were slating him) and Kennedy. There is not much experience in Europe there but we get served up the same every week domestically only we get away with it against the likes of Hamilton and Motherwell. Something has to change, Management, coaching staff or the way we play. Just to have a plan B and be able to change things when it is not going well would be a start.

8. Dirk_Diggler

Have to say I agree with every last bit of this post, geat post mate glad somebody sees exactly what I am seeing people need to get a * grip things are not going to change deila has his pylosophy and won't change it, ultimately in the end it will cost him his job the majority are already starting to turn after that shambolic * performance last night

9. Bazros

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Kenny and Henrik. Proud to have seen them both play.
    What happened to playing narrow and tight like we did in the first 2 Euro games?
    Why do we STILL have BOTH fullbacks bombing up at the same time, practically all the time? One of them staying back is schoolboy stuff!
    Why does Johansen play, when he's been having a 'mare' all season, in Commons best postion and Kris is shunted oot wide where he's not the best?
    Why does Ronny wait 'til 70 odd minutes to make a change when we were crying out for something different?
    Why cant we beat teams on a fraction of our budget?
    Why have we got a player publicly blowing a gasket in a massive televised game, not so long after he publicly disagreed with the manager's assesment of the Malmo game?
    There is something not right at our club.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I would love to know and I would also like to know how people posting on an internet forum can see things that he either cant or wont fix.

11. Bazros

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Kenny and Henrik. Proud to have seen them both play.
    It's fkn killing us, man! :54:
    Schoolboy stuff!
    I thought he'd found a way to play in Europe but it was just back to gung ho, headless chickens again.

12. Dirk_Diggler

He's either blind stobborn or just * plain stupid would love to know what Collins does surely to * he can see all these problems?

13. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We always look like we are playing with ten men .

14. Terco

the wet pitch made Moldes lead easier to defend as it slowed the game down and lead to more mistakes being made going forward. Also, the norwegian league is characterized by slow-paced football with low pressure, so it was going to suit them anyway.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Off the ball's been good here. Packie on and basically all Celtic..

16. wulliebad

Apart from that * chick young spouting his pish.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Same channel but that's sportsound now..

Just heard him waffling *..

Why was he comparing us with English side's?:97:
    A mid table championship side at best, that's what he called us :56:

Bitter wee man..

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Does my head in when they compare us with English sides in the championship after some poor performances in Europe, completely ignoring the fact that practically every English side in European competition has struggled this season.

But of course, they don't try in the Europa league you know...

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He was off on one about where we'd finish in the prem with this side, just brushing off the fact that we wouldn't have this side if we were in it..

He was talking pure mince for 5 minute's solid..

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

your spot on green lantern for playmaking coach :smiley-laughing002: :50: