1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Molde v Celtic- UEFA Europa League 22nd October- Kick Off 20:05 BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Oct 17, 2015.

Discuss Molde v Celtic- UEFA Europa League 22nd October- Kick Off 20:05 BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    First person I've seen say that. Indeed you have to give credit where it's due, I was saying during the game, 'actually they're playing well'. But we, at our best, are better and that was unacceptable from us, obviously. We'll kick on though. :50:

2. greenstatus

I feel absolutely gutted for the fans that spent hundreds of pounds travelling to watch that abysmal crap.. Its the worst ive seen in 50 years.

3. Markybhoy

They had 12 men on the park? Cheating *! Explains why we lost though.

4. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

It was us that made molde look good.

I hate to pick out individuals, as the whole team was terrible, but I must give a special mention to Scott brown. He was out of his depth. He isn't the man for the job against teams like molde, who play that way. His pace is bad, constantly gets pulled out of position and his passing can be some of the worst on the park. He just isn't suited to play against counter attacking football.

5. Dirk_Diggler

13 if you count the goal keeper :56::56::56:

6. Sydneysider

Youre right. Having watched again ( very painful) you have to admit they are a good young team. Predominantly local / home grown Danish with the added boost of a new very popular and famous Manager who started his career there.

They are playing at home in crap conditions on a crap pitch but one they are very much used to playing on. They have achieved good results against Ajax and Fener.

We will still do it . Their weak link is their US goalie. The return should be fun.

7. murphy88

:56::56:

Aye, he done such a great job at Lincoln.

8. chrish788

I am a fan of Brown but with all these injuries etc. he isn't getting any younger. He is 30 which some will say is still a prime age for a footballer today but with his high tempo style throughout his career it may have an affect on him earlier. Might be time over the next year or two to integrate an Armstrong or Allan for example.

9. GreenLantern Green Lantern

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank McAvennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I posted yesterday that this game was all about what Celtic did ..... well , to all the guys posting saying hold on , take a breath ..... How long must this inept Coach be allowed to wreck our Club .

Deila is a one horse trick , he only ever plays 4-2-3-1 ...... We don't have the players to play this Formation properly. Last night was another disgraceful performance on Deila's watch.
    Craig Gordon needs a gee up , his kicking is woeful and he doesn't dominate his 6 yard box.
    Defensively we're * , Boyata's passing is terrible and he caused the 1st Goal , Defensively he's slow to size up situations and he gets beaten too easily in the Air. Effe shouldn't even be on the Park , he was caught out again for the 1st Goal. Lustig , not 100% fit , was at fault for the 3rd goal and Izzy day dreaming as usual was at fault for the 3rd goal.

Did anyone actually scout this Team ?...... Molde play a 4-5-1 when they don't have the ball , and go 4-3-3 when attacking playing the out ball into the corners of the opposition in behind the opponents fullbacks.
    What does Ronny do ? ...... he used his only Formation 4-2-3-1 , how predictable , I said our midfield needed beefing up yesterday and I think I was correct in my post.

Deila puts Johansen into the Hole behind the 1 striker up front , and moves our best Technical player (in that very position) out wide (Commons isn't a winger and won't be trying to get past the Fullback to the bye line).... Johansen was posted missing last night. Armstrong and Izzy had a bit of joy down the left side but no telling crosses found our Solitary striker in the Box , * wasn't fit and found it hard to get down the right wing all night.

The Midfield 2 struggled all night to find space and the forward pass into the box ..... You know we are in trouble when Broony tries to be the Playmaker , when Commons is so suited to this job. Up front we had nothing , Griffiths on his own couldn't get behind the back 4 , and any chances he had which were few .... he fluffed.
    Molde putting 5 across the midfield closed down any space in front of their Back 4 , we needed 2 Strikers up front to push onto the opposition back 4 and give the midfield an option for a forward pass into the Penalty box . We never had any width , and I'm afraid all we did was go from side to side all night.
    Where was plan B or C ? Ronny hasn't a clue what they are , he's stuck with one formation.

Deila subs Commons and Brings on Ciftci ..... Crazy !!! Johansen should have been hooked and we go to a 4-3-1-2 with Commons in the Hole , as he's the only one fit enough to feed the strikers , we needed 3 in the middle of the park to stifle Molde winning 2nd phase ball , we lost this match in the first 20 minutes ..... Pathetic.
    Deila , Kennedy and Collins are Culpable here ..... Not a lot of movement from the bench to orchestrate things , and Commons had every right to have a go at the inept Bench.

Deila has made duff substitutions against Legia , Maribor , Malmoe and now Molde ......... it can't be allowed to continue . Ronny hasn't got it I'm afraid we're 2 seasons into his tenure and the Team hasn't improved , in fact it's gotten worse again . Lawwell doesn't escape blame here either , penny pinching instead of buying quality isn't on any more .... Europe is our Bench mark and we are not cutting it .... we should have beaten Ajax and Fenerbahce but didn't , should have gubbed Maribor but didn't ..... Last night we weren't anywhere beating Molde , but should have . The Players don't escape criticism here ......... they should be put on Performance related pay as they pick up their dosh too easily .... Last night they should be paid Nothing , another Embarrassment for us to swallow , I'm really getting fed up watching Rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  10. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Great post. Nail on head with everything. I still dont understand why commons was brought off instead of stefan. Commons at least showed some get up and go. Johansen's seemed to have got up and went. He was woeful. I feel for rogic as he has been a breath of fresh air recently with performances.

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was indeed a great post, I am really trying to find reasons to disagree with the last paragraph but sadly cannot.

As much as I like the guy his record in Europe has taken us backwards and we are becoming a bit of a laughing stock, our European reputation is on the slide and needs to be rebuilt with or if need be without Ronnie and most of these players, they have 3 games left to prove me wrong and I hope they do but that's maybe over wishful thinking.

I wouldn't like to think this well trodden theory of us holding back on spending on players until Sevco are back is true but would be an obvious reason why their has been so little investments in quality players.

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Great post :50:

13. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You no what the sad thing is I have tickets, flights and hotel for the Fenerbache away game if I go to there and see a performance like last night I will be livid

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Go for the beer just. Hopefully a new manager will be in the door by then and we will be fighting to qualify.

15. blizzard bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Merry Ploughboy
    That's what's missing, recently, with the club...fighting for the right to play in the team, to play for the badge and everything else connected to Celtic.

If the players had given everything and run to exhaustion, but are beaten, that I can accept, but this is hardly ever evident these days.
    :31:

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good post, I do think as well wee Leigh isn't cut out for Europe, sorry, but he does nothing, there boy Kamara got on the end of balls and was always causing us problems.

Fair-do's wee Leigh is getting starved, but even when the ball is in his area he can't do anything and sometimes isn't anywhere to be found when we put the ball forward. I don't think his physique helps as well, and I don't believe we have the players to change our style of play too much to compliment him.

I like Leigh, but for me he's a SPL striker, and we should not be going 1 up front in SCotland, it's fkn heart-breaking.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The one up front in domestic games is something I find hard to stomach but we will win the league irrespective of how many forwards we have and that masks the truth that's it's not how we should be playing at home to Partick Thistle and Killie.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: Ludicrous critique on Griffiths. He's already scored 4 in Europe this season. In a lot of the games he has played the service has been pathetic. He's being asked to play upfront himself and yes his holding up of the ball does need improvement but the midfield are ridiculously slow in supporting him and giving him an option.

Never seen a 5-man midfield as anonymous as ours; never seem to be there when on the attack and there's gaps all over when on the backfoot.

19. GreenLantern Green Lantern

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank McAvennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    We don't play with a Midfield 5 ..... that's the Problem . Last night we had no width , No GMS or Wee Jamesie (I know he can be exasperating) but we had no natural winger . With Johansen in the Hole , we had no link play ..... we needed Commons in there to pull the strings .... if Armstrong and Johansen are in the 3 behind the striker then they have to sit deeper and push on when we have the ball and we end up playing a 4-4-1-1. But if Commons is in the Hole I think we can play a 4-3-1-2 with our 2 strikers giving him moving targets into the box and Pushing on to the defensive back 2 which would force the 2 fullbacks to tuck in and give us room to manoever allowing our Full backs to push up.
    If we play with a winger and 1 up front the spare side needs to drop off and help the 2 holding mid fielders , but Commons isn't going to make up the 2nd striker (neither is Johansen by the way) which Deila is looking for.... Bad Tactics as we don't have the players to play the 4-2-3-1 formation in Europe well enough ..... the SPFL is another matter , but we can easily play with 2 up front every week.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  20. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    I don't feel annoyed or angry. I just feel really disappointed.