1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Dortmund CSC

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticForMe, Sep 3, 2015.

Discuss Celtic Dortmund CSC in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticForMe

Went across to Dortmund a few weeks ago for there first game of the season against Gladbach. Was my first time across there and atmosphere was unreal the fans treated us brilliantly all because of a shared love of both clubs :icon_mrgreen:. Was just wanting to find out if anyone else on this had been across and there thoughts ? cheers

2. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
  3. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The days when we signed champions league winners :55:

4. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Just checked his wikipedia page there, didn't realize he made 227 appearances for the buddies :smiley-laughing002:

5. shendr18

Went for the germany scotland game and they couldnt get enough of celtic

They were selling celtic scarfs at most stalss and had stickers in most of the toilets with celtic and dortmund handshakes

The place is brilliant for the atmosphere and football experience

There is a borrusia dortmund fan club in edinburgh

6. Degen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lubo
    Was hoping to get Dortmund in the draw for a trip over. Hard club not to like. I notice a lot of Dortmund shirts/badges in the pubs around Celtic park as well.

7. entersalmon

I was over in March and am just getting sorted to book up for a similar time next year. I really like the city, nice but not very touristy. The stadium and fans are just amazing. When I was over I saw several fans with Celtic/Dortmund scarves.

8. CelticForMe

Lambert was one of my hero's when growing up him and burley where a brilliant paternship when we stopped 10 in a row. The group of dortmund fans we met all had celtic gear on that's how we started chatting one of the guys designs the stuff and gave me his hat and scarf that was sound of the guy :) things like that made the trip even better. Get what you mean about the city there is not much to do but a gd friendly atmosphere in it especially on match day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  9. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was their 2 seasons ago and was just the same, fantastic experience and met some fantastic folk, I would add that the same trip I went to Schalke also who if you listen to some who like to paint everything either black or white claim they don't like us, the opposite was true and I had equally as good an experience with their fans as in Dortmund albeit the overall match experience in Dortmund was better but that in no way undermines what I saw in Gelesenkirchen which also pished on anything in the UK.

Just about everything about Dortmund is top class and it's one of those must do experiences in my book along with Nou Camp, Belgrade Derby, Allianz Arena and Napoli.

Interestingly I'm making my first visit to St Pauli next month and quite excited about that

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree about the city, I was expecting not much but ended up really enjoying it as nothing like Munich or even Koln where tourists ruin it to an extent.

Particularly liked the big TV tower you could view the whole city from and it's surrounding park.

You are also well situated for other places and went to games in Bochum, Gelsenkirchen when I was there and the train was free as in the same transport district, that was really good I thought

11. Henke102

Went over on a trip with a group my friend was in, to do with youth sports coaching. We met a big dortmund fan who was friends with a guy who was with us who put on a ancient celtic top he bought from the time they played the huns in the 90s and he showed us around.

They put on a night for us in a local * teams boozers come fundraiser for the team. Was 30 euros entry which included a open bar! Think we drank the place dry! Donated my celtic barca ticket for behind the bar.

Heading back to cologne about 3 in the morning was some experience. We were decked out in dortmund gear and had to change trains in dusseldorf. All sorts of growlers in dusseldorf until some guy challenged us in German. Said to him how we were celtic fans and the guy brightened up and started shaking our hands. Insisted we get pictures with him and his friends and bought us about 20 of they massive becks bottles from a cafe !

Anyone thinking of going just do it, cologne, dusseldorf and dortmund are all nice cities and it is easy to get trains between them, cologne is best for a drink in my opinion loads of bars beside the river rhine and in a square beside it as well dortmund is a under rated city and alot of the locals seem to put it down as it isn't as nice as cologne for example, the tour of the stadium is really good though and very in depth

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye, you might want to check that. I thought it was more like 278.