1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic, Tyler Blackett

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by freederry20, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic, Tyler Blackett in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

Friend of mine who's a big Utd fan rates him. He said he looked poor last season as he came in to a 3-5-2 with no previous experience and was asked to play a role he didn't know so well, but that he's a quick, strong centre half who likes to try and play. He says he'd like to see him stay there and develop.

2. Keano88

Hindsight is a great thing.

At the time though.. we all thought we'd just signed 2 strikers good enough to score goals in Europe, we were all excited about them two. It's not worked out as we thought, but I'd say they were ambitious moves.

I don't see why you've quoted me and started going on about prospects tbh... I am not for or against this Tyler Blackett guy or the wee Inverness guy.

I was just questioning him saying "we'll be left disappointed, again"... when actually the last few windows have not been disappointing at all.. to the majority of folk here anyway.

Wait till the window shuts first and see what happens, we seem to love a few deadline day deals, so you never know.. we might actually still sign someone decent.

3. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

That's Incorrect. Lenny himself said that the plan was for VVD to partner Wilson.

4. CelticAhly

Fav Celtic Player:
    /
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    But is he better than Ambrose?

5. wulliebad

Im better than efe and im in my 40's and cant play football.

6. Keano88

So is Efe tbf :smiley-laughing002:

7. KirkyBhoy1888

Hi Efe! :bbpd:

8. CelticAhly

Fav Celtic Player:
    /
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hahahaha:icon_mrgreen:

9. StevieBhoooy!

Are last minute deadline day deals the 'best deals' though? Just picking up whoever is knocking around rather than proper target players?

I think we will be left disappointed!

10. Keano88

I would have liked our best deals done before our qualifying campaign too tbh... but it seems like we either wont or can't get the caliber of guys in that we want, without the promise of the CL... so we have to hold on till late in the window, when our fate has finally been decided.

If we lose VVD and sign only Blackett on loan to replace him.. I'll be disappointed too, but I can't see that happening tbh.. not with Europa packages to shift and fans already angry about missing out on the CL again.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

There is no way that Blackett is the player replacing Van Dijk. I think he'll be competition for Left back and cover at Centre

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Was reading through a United Forum, most of them don't rate him.

13. Samurai Bhoy

He started the 1st 5 games of the season for UTD last season. UTD only won one of them. This was probably very much down to Van Gaal settling in and trying a new style of play though.
    So either Blackett is * and was a large part of the blame for these results or he just happened to be playing in the team when UTD were going through a bad period. This could explain why UTD fans don't rate him. Kinda like the way we thought Berget was * cuz he played for us through a bad period....and basically any player that played for us under Mowbray.

TBH I haven't seen enough of him to rate but I'd be very surprised if he was VVD's replacement. I reckon he will be cover for LB and CB. If we get an experienced CB and LB as well as him, I'd be happy with this.
    Little risk. If he turns out to be a dud, we get rid next season, if he turns out to be a find then we have a good player for 3m next summer.

14. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    I think Efe is lined up to slot right in there, so not a worry.

15. freitassen

People are comparing him with VVD. Get real. VVD was in a middle table dutch club but was playing, and playing well. There is a reason why Man United wants to get rid of this guy, because they know he is not good enough, unless their coaching staff is as incompetent as ours. He was loaned to * Birmingham and didn't even get to start most of the matches. Probably not even better than Ambrose. And if he is, all that is going to happen is that he is gonna reject a move here and go to a team with ambition and quality next season just like Denayer did and then we are going after another reject from the Manchester academies.

16. kevinberryno7

its loan deal with option to buy for 3 million, so its not like denayer deal as he had no option to buy him so this different deal altogether, and cant be that crap if england u21 and man utd academy and few games in first team specially when look at players man utd have atm

17. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My United friends think hes horrible. They say theyre sorry if this happens. Well see :54:

18. themouth1888

the board are going to try and justify this as VVD replacement with saying he's valued at £3m and that he has played for their first team.

We are getting shafted again!

19. blink1eto'o

The only thing making me want this move is the fact that he is young & English, buy him for 3Million could be worth 15 million after a couple of average seasons here with the stupid money prem teams pay for english talent.

20. blink1eto'o

but aye, this is Van dijk's replacement and big pete is going for the 2 in 1 approach because he can play left back and centre back so that he doesn't need to buy 2 players.....