1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by VikingBhoy, Aug 22, 2015.

Discuss Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cl-cff

Don't think they give a *. I certainly wouldn't if we had won instead. All that filthy CL money is important as * in the long term, and even more so for a tiny club like Malmo. We've lost to inferior teams twice in a row now, but if this * goes on for much longer then clubs like these will eventually, financially, surpass us.

2. Didde3000

Thank you, I still havnt figured out how to leave this forum =)

BTW The Eurovisionwinner is of course a Malmö fan, shot earlier today,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwzpQ2Iy6U

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
  3. MalmoLad

Ha ha on those of you wishing we get pumped in Champions League. No one, absolutely no one in Malmö believe we will make any form of impression on the Champions League tournament. We know perfectly well that we are minnows at this level and have zero expectations.

I made a comment early on that I was optimistic because Celtic don't play competitive games for almost all of the year and the August comes and its all or nothing. We play those games once or twice a month in our league. We had Gothenburg home right before we played you, which is a huge game for us and we have AIK away two weeks from know, also a massive game in our league. I feel vindicated in that seeing how Malmö did not throw in the towel being two goals down, while Celtic players looked shattered.

I would like to apologize for my aggressive comments a week ago, my excuse would be that I couldn't believe Scottish commentators, podcasters and fans here where so dismissive of a team that hade beaten Sparta Prague, Salzburgx2 and Olympiakos at home without having conceding a goal.

Anyway Celtic will get the chance to qualify next year again, while we might even miss out on Europa League next year. At the end of the day if we look into the future Celtic will play Champions Leagur far more often than us. We are just enjoying this moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
  4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Well played, i'm just disgusted and embarassed that we lost to a small time, no class club like Malmo. Have not even left my house today. It cant get any lower for us just now. Enjoy and please stop acting like your club is something becauase you have had a few decent home results in Europe. I keep thinking i'm reading about Barca until i see Malmo mentioned. Calm the * down please.

5. MalmoLad

At least this year you only had to live through this embarrassment once. You could call that an improvement.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yeah that one really hurt. Last year was bad but for me that one hurt way more because we ourselves are a more settled team now and really just didn't play well especially in the second half last night. As bad as we were though in the end we got beat overall in the tie because we gave up no less then 3 goals off corner kicks. Then on top of that there is all the trash talking from their coach and players. Losing is bad enough without it being to such a classless team and coach whom I have no respect for at all as a result.
    Only players for me last night to come out of things well were Craig Gordon in goal and James Forrest.

7. oh bhoy

Ignoring how bad we were for a second ,how did the officials miss that hand ball ,ref ,linesman and guy behind goals should never be in charge of another game .I hope to * someone at the club is kicking up a stink about it

8. jamesfr

Those "idiots" behind the goal as Sutton put it are a waste of time,most of the time they say * all and when they do pipe up they give a wrong decision.

I really think it's time to scrap them and have 2 video ref's for important incidents ,especially goals ,it wouldn't take too long and you have more chance of getting it right.It would have taken no more time than it did last night when the ref consulted that * behind the goal.
    There is just too much money at stake to be getting these decisions wrong.
    If we had that goal and they went down to 10 men,things may have been different.

9. Joe68

Good of Ronnie to take the blame for this defeat - but I don't think it was his fault. He's trying to man up and ultimately he takes the rap - but there's a problem here that he can't fix.

Brown and Johansen failed to turn up. They are the driving force of the team but were anonymous the whole game. I think that Scott Brown works best as an underdog or when there is clear superiority for Celtic. I think that he has an inferiority complex and a chip on his shoulder. He fails or fouls when it's man to man with others at the same level.

I can see how some think that he is captain material from time to time. But he's just not. He's no Paul McStay or Roy Keane. Celtic need a captain that can cut it at European level.

The thing is that the fans will hound Ronnie to death if he was to change captain - but they will just be consigning Celtic to abject mediocrity if they do that.

It's either Ronnie or Brown as far as I can see.

10. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Had to laugh at this

11. LookNoSkywater

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well, I guess you have to learn the hard way to respect your opponents. To project your own deficiencies and call other teams low class and small time tend to backfire right up your face. All good!

12. Joe68

Totally agree. Mulgrew is nowhere near this level. He's slow footed and slow witted. Made Armstrong look bad. This was not the fast overlapping backs that the team is used to playing.

13. Joe68

Well done to Malmo - held their nerve and believed in themselves.

They were a bit lucky with the last kick goal at Parkhead and the chopped off goal last night. Either of these could have sunk them had they gone Celtic's way. They didn't look as though they could score from open play either - so I wouldn't say that they are a better football team - but they showed guts and belief which is a big part of the game.

14. oh bhoy

One of them is bound to have seen it without any modern technology though

15. jamesfr

Not sure ,I watched it a few times and depending on the angle he may have thought it was Bitons hand as it was raised also.With TV evidence it's pretty clear

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    One of them did, but they thought it was us who handballed.

If you watch the replay of the 2nd angle after it, when the ref goes over to talk to the guy behind the goal, he waks back indicates freekick by pointing to the ground and then put his two arms up above him and tapped his hand signalling it was for hand ball :52:

So they got a freekick for hand ball when it was their own guy who punched the ball.

17. Big C

If he is not sure surely does not mean he is allowed to just guess?? Ultimately if you cant be sure let the ref make up his mind.

18. gazb1888

If it was in Columbia all the officials would have miraculously disappeared by now... Twats :47:

19. oh bhoy

I wonder when it dawned on him, why a celtic player would punch it off the Malmo line.tight decisions you can understand that was blatant almost as bad as the cup semi final

20. LloydsGamble

Fair play, like I said earlier, have total respect for you fans.

People here are still hurting a bit as you'd imagine so emotions are running high in some comments.

It's harder to take for me not because Malmo are a smaller club, it's because of the constant * talk from your club about us in the lead up, after the first leg and even after the tie is done. Just a bit unprofessional in my opinion.

I don't think most people were dismissive of you either, we tend if anything to be a bit negative in Scotland and fear the worst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.