1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by VikingBhoy, Aug 22, 2015.

Discuss Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphy88

You don't think we went out with a whimper last season? :smiley-laughing002:

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Although not using as an excuse, when I see the pictures of that handball it is quite ridiculous and how they got that as a Celtic handball I'll never know.

3. LookNoSkywater

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think your supporters were great during your home game and the atmosphere at parkhead certainly shell shocked us the first 20 - 30 min. I would say the difference is that our supporters tend to raise the effort and their voices when we get a goal against us

As for our manager Åge Hareide, I can see why you guys dislike him. He is a n experienced tricky * with a lot of mind games both before and during the game. For us he is a hero and statue material who has taken us to CL 2 years in a row.

4. calanor

I have never liked Hareide. He was manager for our national team from 2004 to 2008 and he * up our chances to go to the championships (even with pretty good players we had that time..Solskjær, Carew, Iversen, Flo, Riise etc). I think he is "one of" the least popular managers we have had at the Norwegian national team. It didn't help how he attacked everyone questioning his job. He comes across arrogant and he has a bad temper, and a cringy smile (hehe). I think his level is coaching in Scandinavia not further. Btw Grattis!

5. DamienCorkBhoy

Struggling to get out of bed here in Malmo after that * last night!!!:31:

6. calanor

Poor thing...
    You should demand all money spent to go to Sweden back!

7. HereWeGoAgain

Malmo manager is a *, last night hes saying after the game when you already have the job done, it could have been 4 or 5.

Should have acknowledged the fact that he had the face of a beaten man after 30 mins at Parkhead when he was lucky the tie was not already over.

No one will begrudge Malmo the result last night, they deserved it on the night, but they were very fortunate to still be in the tie, a wonder strike from an average player and a last second blunder. Celtic complacency was the only thing that gave you any chance in the return leg.

8. Mr Diggler

Feel for you man i really do- all that money travel etc for that *. Felt so sorry for the fans who travelled out there, the players should have responded to our great support. Instead they shrinked and let everyone down.

9. calanor

I bet if they got a disallowed goal and lost their chance to go through they wouldn't stop talking about it. Instead of saying they were lucky that Celtic didn't get that goal, he acts like a bad winner saying they should have won 4-0.

10. shendr18

what was the atmosphere like last night?
    Was the place mental with malmo fans after??

I hope the team all came over to applaud the support at the end

11. Robban

:bbpd:

Enjoy E L ! x

12. Paradise88

Well lets face it. Malmo are gonna get pumped by all the big teams. Its good finacially for the club, and maybe the fans can enjoy seeing bigger teams play at your ground, but from a footballing perspective there is only disappointment for malmo.

13. DamienCorkBhoy

To be fair the atmosphere the Malmo fans made was genuinely electric!
    It wasn't mental with the fans after but they were around most prob head home, I could hear them still when in bed about 3 am tho.
    I didn't see or hear of any actual trouble!

No the team or manager didn't go near the support after, VVD and the thumb made an effort to applaud the away end but were told to * off really!
    Ronny should have came towards us with raised hands or some sort of quick apology.

There fans next to the away did start applauding us but that was after a section of our support magnificently started applauding there support and threw a couple of Celtic scarfs towards them!

14. The Foggy Dew

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players"
    Certainly not the case last night. I point the finger at Ronny for thinking zonal marking is a good idea, I * myself every time the opposition has a set piece. But only partial blame can be placed on him. The players weren't up for it at all last night. That being said the tie should have been well out of reach before a ball was kicked last night, our lack of desire to kill a game off is something that will probably come back to bite us on more than just this occasion over the coming season. The coachong staff need to do some serious work defensively and do it now. 9 goals conceded in our last 5 games against poor opposition is appauling

15. StevieBhoooy!

That would be EXACTLY our story had we gone through last night...

16. Dáibhí

I thought leaving the MOTM poll until this morning was a good idea, let everyone calm down a bit...

17. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Gordon for a tremendous double save 2nd half and a few others when it could've been worse than it already was. I think he had a debatable part in the 1st goal though.

18. Celticbhoy97

Can we get a 'no one, they're all overpaid *' option

19. The Foggy Dew

I'd like to change my vote to this!

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Sad thing is his poll only needed two options: Gordon and James Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.