1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by VikingBhoy, Aug 22, 2015.

Discuss Malmö vs Celtic, 19.45 Tuesday 25th August, BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For the fans in the short term I would probably say the Europa league. If we are going to grow as a club and a team in the long run though, Champions League football is imperative.

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

So despite the fact that in recent times we're usually distinctly average in the Europa League and acquit ourselves quite well in the Champions League, you've come to the conclusion that we'd make the semis of the Europa and get pumped 5-0 in all of our CL games.

Tell me.. Who has ever pumped us at Celtic Park in a Champions League group stage?

One team, once. AC Milan.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was thinking about how to word what you've said there. You've worded it well :50:

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The Europa League has nowhere near the prestige, on any level, in comparison with the Champions League.

The gap was never as back when it was the UEFA Cup before it was completely diluted to generate more money by having much more games.

This isn't a Champions League first prize and Europa second. It is Champions League only prize and Europa the wooden spoon.

We NEED to get through tomorrow. NEED to.

5. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That's the thing. People loved Seville. Yet we probably got a tenth of the cash that we get for finishing bottom of the cl.

I understand the arguments for being in the cl. But I also love playing as many times in Europe against different teams with different styles rather than Dundee utd for the tenth time a season.

6. Henrikisking

I think if we get through tomorrow he will stay until January at least. Come bhoys let's put this to bed.

Oops sorry that was for the Virgil thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  7. Observer123

http://www.tv2.no/v/950968/

press conference now with Deila and Griffiths. not sure if the link will work outside of Norway

"I never think about "what if we lose", I always think about winning".

8. TheHappyLoss

Ram it right up these arrogant * arses :47:

9. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    Not really. If you were a fan of a team with a smaller fan base, you would very much like your manager to say something like that ;)

Take it easy I say :)

10. Murph-E

We've only made 2 European Quarter Finals in 30 years, we almost certainly wouldn't. I feel we'll get as far in the Champions League as we would in the Europa League anyway.

11. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    I actually want Celtic to win, you know ;)

Even if I wasn`t a fan of Celtic, I probably wouldn`t have wanted a Swedish team to go through to the C-League in any case (we Norwegians have a bit of a friendly banter with our favorite neighours when it comes to sport) :smiley-laughing002:

I was just trying to say that this "hate-thing" and the "insults" and etc. is more than a bit overblown.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ronny Deila and Leigh Griffiths press conference

RD: We have been prepared for this for a long time now. I'm happy we're here. We have a good result and are leading.

RD: If we get the best from our players I think we have a good chance.

RD: If you don't have nerves at this stage then you should do something else but there is no fear.

RD: For us we have our game in the weekend and had a lot to prepare for. We have had to take it day by day.

RD on Lustig: We will see in training now. We have different options but we will see. We hope he will be ready.

RD: We have shown at the weekend and in other games that we have other options.

RD on Malmo: We know what we're going to meet and also know what we are.

RD: We showed at Celtic Park we are a better team than Malmo. Now we're away but if we are at our best we can win the game.

RD: We will get chances. It will start quite tight but open more into the game.

RD on links with Malmo: I talked with them when I was at Stromsgodset but I wanted to stay at Stromsgodset and that was the right thing.

RD: We have gone six months now without losing. In my mind we're going to win the game. I never think about what happens if we lose.

RD: Our defence was the best ever in Scotland last year so it's strange that I get these questions about the defence.

RD: The whole team is great but we are here because the defence has been great.

RD: Small things get punished very hard in Europe and that's what you have to avoid.

RD on van Dijk: We don't need to sell Virgil. Celtic is a big club and hopefully we'll have van Dijk and Champions League at Celtic Park.

RD: Our goal is to keep our best players at Celtic Park.

RD: Tomorrow is the most important game so far. It's like a final, if we get through we have reached one of our goals this season.

RD: The quality in the team we have, if we continue playing the way we have done lately, we are 60-40 that we'll do it.

RD: Malmo over time has conceded a lot of goals and chances against them. They are struggling in the league.

RD: We are strong in set-plays and they'll be important tomorrow. We have power, the Scottish mentality and height.

RD: We have shown we're a better team than Malmo but we are aware that they're a good home team and have confidence here.

RD: Celtic has pressure on them all the time everywhere we go. Everywhere we go they want to beat us so we're used to this scenario.

RD: I'm used to the pressure. That's how it is at Celtic. You have to work in the right way and it's a fantastic learning to be at this club

RD: We hate losing and I know if we prepare we can beat anybody.

RD on Stuart Armstrong Scotland call up: It's so important that our players are in the national team.

RD: They need to be in Champions League, Europa League and the national team.

RD: Six players in the Scotland squad is a fantastic thing. It's a long time since that's happened.

Leigh Griffiths on getting Scotland call-up: “Only saw it when I landed and it was a good boost but my main is firing Celtic into #UCL

LG: “At 3-1, Malmo are still going to come out and attack us, gives them an extra incentive." #UCL

LG: "We went to Qarabag and did the ugly side of the game. We can hurt teams." #UCL

LG: “On the bench last year against Maribor but this is a different team and we can get the job done." #UCL

LG on scoring against Malmo: “Up to the manager if I'm picked, but if I get the chance, I’m confident of putting it away.

LG: “I’ve been called a brat many times by my parents, so it doesn’t bother me at all coming from an opposition player!”

13. calanor

1-0 to Ronny over Hareide at the press conference :86: Ronny was cool, calm and collected. Answered the questions confidently as always. Hareide seemed pressured, was hot-blooded and a bit childish if you ask me :86: It isn't the first time he attack (is angry) at the media.

14. Markybhoy

Malmo's manager comes across as a complete *. I hope we beat them just to shut him up if nothing else.

15. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    Ronny does fantastic press conferances ^^

16. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Can't decide if their manager is just * at mind games or a *.

17. jamesfr

:smiley-laughing002: Both

A Ronny roar in front of the Malmo bench at full time after we beat them 3-1 please

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop