1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I thought their number 20, baldy guy looked a very handy player. Really good in possession and had good movement. A few others were cheating diving * holding their faces.

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Why were we not wearing the jerseys with the white blank back?

3. Bonobhoy

anyone got a gif of the save?

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Last night there were a lot of folk in the area were I sit that by the sounds of it haven't been to a game before, in the first 10 minutes shouting * about Brown and obviously had no understanding of football whatsoever, another guy called Boyata a dud :smiley-laughing002:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

For those who haven't seen the game, is it worth watching?

Considering watching it to see how certain players got on.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Take the win, was a tough match and by all accounts a stalemate. They were excellent defending, the amount of blocks and last ditch tackles they made were very good, can move the ball about and the front 3 had frightening pace, wee diving shitebags right enough especially no.10. If Mulgrew started we would of got slaughtered down the left, Izzy done better in the 2nd half still can't cross a ball though. Thought Ciftci had a good start was causing them problems but got little support and was feeding off scraps. Brown couldn't pass a ball but his covering and fight in the middle made up for it. Bitton was another class, big man held the midfield together.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good shout. Maybe that's only a rule for the group stages? Thinking out loud here 'cause have no idea :39:

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Was a frustrating game to watch, stand outs were Boyata and Bitton that's about it.

9. Bonobhoy

tbh the problem last night was that since the draw was made about 90% of people on here stated we needed at least 2 goals to go through (inc me), it was a poor night by the sounds of it,they frustrated us and we where lucky to get the goal,from what i hear they knocked it about comfortably and even thought they had nothing up front they where the better team on the ball...but we got the important goal and deserved it for going for the throat in the last 10 mins..the problem is that its only 1 goal and they played comfortably at out park let alone theirs in the heat and humidity...yes they need to come out,i just hope we dont ruin our chances like we usually do

We need to be calm and composed and look for the gaps..i can personally see this going to extra time/penalties...but as long as we win and are in the next rounf thats the point.

1 goal is better that none and even better keeping a clean sheet....but its going to be even tougher over their this time...kinda gives me the fear....1 goal for us though finished the tie...just dont * this up celtic

10. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Was at the game last night and it was evident that they are better team than us. I fear the worst for next week. Hope we can get an early goal.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Just watched the match there. Boyata was outstanding, my MOTM. Brown was nowhere near as bad as being made out. Solid 6.5/7 out of 10 for him. Bitton was excellent too as was Virgil. Ciftci didn't do much wrong at all.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No it wasn't :smiley-laughing002:

13. murphy88

:smiley-laughing002:

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I didn't see the game, unfortunately, but how were they a better team than us?

15. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

They didn't offer much going forward, that free kick on HT was about it. I think they would of been happy with 1-0 last night. They passed it very well and were decent on the ball. I hope it was just an off night for some of our players.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Were they * better than us :smiley-laughing002:

17. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Must have just been me, hope I am wrong

18. murphy88

They didn't have a shot on target. To say it's evident they are better than us is ridiculous, because they showed absolutely zilch going forward. They might well be a better team than us, but we don't really know how good it bad they actually are, because of how they set up last night.

19. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Yes you're probably right, I hope it was just a case of us making them look good. I thought a couple of our players were poor last night.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Second half was watchable. I never finished the first half, which perhaps answers your question. :smiley-laughing002: