1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No problem.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    You are quite clearly blind then, sir.

I get the impression you are one of those who still expects us to 'steamroll' 'flatten' 'walk over' whatever phrase you want to use, these type of opponents?

These guys are no mugs. We are a mid-level European team with a manager and squad, for the majority, who are still finding their feet in Europe.

It won't be a shock to me if we fall short of making it because we aren't CL standard side. To get there takes alot of effort as every other team we come up against wants it just as much as we do.

Shock. I know.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

5. 7-1

What minute was VVD's header that got saved? * on the radio made it out to be the save of 2015...

6. celticdawg

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

8. celticdawg

So what the * would you call them ? Ive news for you , inter are nowhere near the side of old a bit like ourselves tbh !!Does winning the spl suddenly makes us a great side ? because honestly youre going to be seriously disappointed if you think it does ...we may make the group stages if we get lucky and financially its vital but don't for a minute think our current squad will be competitive , again its just my take on where we are, others obviously think otherwise I hope theyre right !!

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    @SellickDug
    Your post didn't give that impression. That's all.

The main point was about you saying you see no real improvement. I don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say that.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We have no real right to be competitive in the Champions League proper. Most clubs dwarf us in terms of finances.

11. celticdawg

Look its simple , we won the spl which surely everybody would agree should be a given ? Now a lot on here yourself included are claiming that somehow weve made massive improvement ...where about exactly ? I think theyre basing it on a two-legged game against inter ?I don't think our squad is good enough for a cl run and don't think that's up for debate tbh !!!

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'd base it on the fact we got pumped rotten at this stage last year.

13. celticdawg

Not arguing that point although don't know if that's right or not , just saying I don't see a ton of improvement on prevous seasons and don't think we are good enough as it stands !!

14. celticdawg

So time will tell if that's a good form guide wont it ?

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We've improved. Not once have I mentioned "MASSIVE" improvement. We have definitely came on though alot since this stage last season.That is not not up for debate at all. We are playing a totally different style to the one we had under Lennon and it's still going to take it's time.

The fact we are still in the driving seat at this stage of the qualifiers is evidence of our improvement since last year.

Our squad isn't good enough for the CL on paper, I agree. I said that in my first post. However neither was Strachan or Lennon's side. Due to alot of hard work and some luck though they managed to upset the odds, that's all we can hope for.

We are a mid-level European side and qualifying for that level is a massive achievement in itself.

Time will tell.

16. Cadete

If we play like that in the group stages we will exit pointless.

Something needs fixed in a big way.

Never felt so uneasy about a win in my entire life.

17. celticdawg

I agree on some of your takes but have my reservations on us improving greatly if at all !! Lenny and strachans team had individuals who could win a game out of nothing just don't see that in this team with the exception of commons m8 ....yup we are better placed than last season for sure but as you say time will tell how much we have actually improved !! Heres hoping we can take care of business next wk and the draw is kind nxt round !!

18. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    Now you know how people feel when they know you are present on Earth.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just watched the game in full (cheers Crow). Was a decent performance, we looked comfortable for the whole game but really lacked creativity and a bit of tempo, the difference in pace between this game and the ones against Inter was huge but that's natural, we're only 3 games into our season now.

For the away game next week we just need to stay reasonably compact and go at them on the break/at set pieces because if we score one the tie will be dead I think. It'll definitely be a tougher game over there, they showed tonight they can be tidy in possession and they're going to have to have a go at us now they're a goal down.

These qualifiers are always a potential banana skin but I'd have faith that by the time the group stage matches came around, we'd be in a much better place in terms of fitness and sharpness (I actually thought we looked reasonably fit tonight, but definitely lacked sharpness) and depending on what teams we draw, will be capable of being competitive.

20. Haywood Jablomi

I will never believe cifti is a front man and for 70 mins we played without a striker!!!!! And I Craig Levine was a * manager. Another instalment of the Ronny Bore.