1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ClarkstonBhoy

Anybody know whether the return leg is on BT? Had a look on their website but it's not been announced.

2. albashamrock

I think they are showing 2 qualifying games so one of them will probably be us.

3. momofanclub

should be mate unless Qarabag pull out the TV deal to spite us after we didnt let them have any TV rights.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    2nd leg is definitely on BT.

5. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Sorry but I have to say I reckon your way off the mark there, we've got plenty talent who will shine at the highest level with the management team we have and the football they can play when they are 'on it'.
    Maybe it's me though, I'm told I can be optimistic...:50:

6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good result tonight, I'd happily take a 2-1 loss over there, getting through is vital.

Does anyone know if the second leg is on any channel other than BT?

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Doubt it mate. If BT have the rights that's bound to be that.

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There were a few games last season that were on BT and shown on Setanta Ireland as well. RTE and TV3 sometimes get them over here as well, havent seen anything advertised though. If worse comes to worst I'll get it in the pub anyway.

9. Keano88

Ohhh Dedryk Bhoyataaaaa!

Love him.

Wanted more than 1, but I'll take that.. Fancy us to score over there and don't think they'll get 3.

Bitton injured? He was our best player, had to be injured.. Otherwise I have no idea why we kept Johansen on over him.

Hopefully not too serious.

10. freitassen

If that's true then its a good reason.

I still don't believe that he will start the next match and would really like to be proven wrong.

11. murphy88

I'd have snapped the hand off at half time for a 1-0 win, as it didn't look likely, because we created virtually nothing in the first half. Hard to say how good they actually are, because it's fairly obvious they come over looking for a 0-0. I think they will be totally different next week, and I fear tonight wasn't a good enough result. Griffiths going to the corner flag at 1-0 was baffling to say the least. In my opinion, we needed a 2 goal lead going over there, but I hope I'm wrong. The clean sheet tonight might prove crucial mind you, that was a must.

12. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Ditto, or some kind of GIF highlight reel?

13. Dirk_Diggler

Am very worried that was 1 decent quality outfit we faced tonight, we were rank rotten to be honest everytime we tried to get it to a winger he was shut down with 2 men on him, that team looked as though they hsd 14 players on the park at times, they can certainly play, and there tactics were spot on, they worked there arses off, a expect they will be even better on there own patch. We were sloppy and a just dont think that formation worked against them, lack of link up play up front was non exsistant as was the lack of urgency from midfield, armstrong, izzy, brown and johansen were uttsr pish tonight as well imo

referee was a discrace as were some of there time wasting, a just cant see 1-0 being enough because they are a clever dangerous team

14. 7-1

They were so good that they troubled Gordon once all night and got beaten. Also lucky to not be 2-0 down.. :56:

15. 7-1

16. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Not long in after the game and have to say it was clear from the start Qarabag set out to defend and play for the draw. So it was a huge relief to see us win and most importantly keep a clean sheet.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    [ame]http://youtu.be/kp2q09FcVuk[/ame]

18. Dirk_Diggler

Well am just in from the game and a can tell you there passing was slick as *, can point at stats all you want but a know a decent team when I see 1, there a good outfit or we just made them look better than what they are, with our great away form in this competition am * it for next week

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Enjoyed the game tonight. Hard fought victory. They were a good team, looked more comfortable than us on the ball but lacked quality in the final third. A very small team though and I'm glad we managed to exploit it.

Some fans are just too expectant though. * beside me were moaning the whole game and were talking about how we should be running all over the top of them, expecting us to beat them by 3 or 4. It just doesn't work like that in Europe. They were well organised and hard to break down, although we were quite predictable. But the team did well to stay patient and not over commit, especially when the fans were getting quite frustrated at points.

Biton and van Dijk are a class ahead of anyone else in the team. Brown is superb to have when we're up against it but dear oh dear it's hard to watch him when we're trying to break teams down.

Cifcti did well I thought, runs the channels well and generally causes problems for defenders. Has a higher workrate than I expected as well.

Overall it was a good win, will be hard over there but I reckon the goal means they will have to come out and play so hopefully we can pick them apart when they're forced to commit bodies forward.

20. 7-1

I'm not saying they're not good, they are. But we're a better team and reckon we will beat them next week!