1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

English Premiership 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Officer Doofy, Jun 17, 2015.

Discuss English Premiership 2015/16 Discussion Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Higgie

Said yesterday Man City would win this. Didn't expect a 3-0 though. They were superb.

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I was so, so wrong about this game. Why on Earth did Mourinho play Fabregas as part of the sitting midfield? He never does that in big games. Usually brings in Ramires or Mikel alongside Matic. Silva was always in space.

Anyway, great win for City. Wonder who Jose will throw under the bus after this defeat.

3. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Great result at the etihad

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Man City were excellent, GIRFUY Mourinho ...........:icon_mrgreen:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Chelsea are boring as *. They were the same the second half of last season. Workmanlike.

They've just went stale, need some fresh faces badly.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This is Terry's last season.

Mark my incredible words of wisdom.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Then put him out too stud :icon_mrgreen:

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    John Terry.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, they need more pace about them. They looked off the pace today, too slow, no energy didnt really do anything but let City open them up for fun.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I hate Willian.

Such a boring player. Chelsea have ruined him, when he first came from Shakhtar I expected a typical Brazlian flair player. Now Mourinho has turned him into a Dirk Kuyt kind of character who is only known for his work rate.

11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I thought Terry actually showed remarkable restraint today. Once it got to 2-0 I expected him to nip off n try and get hold of a City tracksuit.

12. Duncan

city have looked head and shoulders above the rest. Chelsea have looked very vulnerable, and thats with costa, but as soon as he gets an injury, they only got falcao and remy, who're both several levels below costa. Fabregas also seems to be the most vulnerable part of their midfield defensively. Oppos should target him when attacking

Moyes is a very naive kind of person. Patience is a scarce commodity in football these times. Surely he had to realize that transition at united means finishing in the top 4. A club with so many expenses cannot finish without european football, and in the process play * football in almost every game. The Stretford End exhausted their voices yelling "attack, attack, attack" every single home game, and most away games. It was pedestrian football at best, moyes decisions were frustrating beyond words, the players didnt seem to respect him at all, after the first few games he looked like he already lost the dressing room.

Yes, you're absolutely right, he was hired for the long haul, but he needed to provide certain reassurances that there was a project in place that could eventually render fruits. If he was building something, I, and the fans and board, never could see it. It wasnt realistic to expect he'd given more than one season after such a disastrous campaign

On a personal note, I've never had any confidence in him, if he had been given 20 years, I dont think hed ever won the league. He just never inspired confidence, never had that aura winners have. In football perception is an important part of a managers success, more so at big clubs.

most everton fans Ive talked to, or read in their forums have actually a very different perspective. Remember that as soon as moyes left, Martinez made them play a more attractive brand of football with very similar results. In fact I remember a chat I had with an evertonian who warned me about "dithering Dave" as they call him, and she thought fergie had made a huge mistake choosing him to replace him.

I think he made a very good job with everton, and he'll probably do the same with real sociedad (actually not the same, but he could do fine for them) but he clearly isnt a manager made to manage big clubs.

Reminds me of Dave Sexton, lovely guy and a gentleman. but never was a united manager. Clubs have certain fits and certain matches that go with them. As soon as I saw Roy Keane with the unitd shirt I could see he'd do great for us, he was a united player. Ferguson at the sidelines, that was a united manager. Moyes? he was an everton manager

13. The Celtic Way

this is spot on, the black kuyt :56: ramires is the same as well, under the last few managers he was an attacking threat like petrov was, now hes turned into a boring central midfielder who looks like he lacks energy, that is if he even gets picked now.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Diamanti a good signing for Watford, always liked him!

15. Dáibhí

Let's get stuck into this mob tonight Liverpool!

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I quite like Liverpool but would be excellent if Bournemouth won tonight.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Think I'll watch the first half, Barca are the main event this evening!

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hopefully Bournemouth can get a result.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Neville is such a good pundit. Main reason I watch MNF.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would like to see Coutinho turning it on again, i've been waiting a long time for him to find consistancy and put in a player of the year type season, he's one of my favourite players to watch playing just now.

Just has that touch and cleverness about him hardly anyone else has, where he can beat players for fun with only small subtle movements and touches.

Technically for me the best player in England but yet to reach the heights that others have.