1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] PES 2016

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Jun 27, 2015.

Discuss PES 2016 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No gurantee from me, but I'm sure I saw something that had Celtic in it, here's hoping.

Can't wait for next week till it get's released though. :)

2. moravcik

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    PES is without question the best to play with a group of mates or versus another person.

However the lack of good online play and pro club feature will mean I will end up choosing FIFA again.

3. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Why? It's the inferior game. I don't know anyone who plays PES.

FIFA rapes it for another year - online & offline.

4. entersalmon

Well clearly you should be telling this to the world, you will struggle to find one review that backs this up when the games are released. The FIFA licenses will always mean they have huge sales. One of the recent points made as well by someone was about the online clubs which is a great mode on FIFA. I'll probably buy both because I like the choice of teams for friendlies with FIFA but to say pea is inferior is questionable at best.

5. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    It isn't questionable at all. PES has been reduced to £29.99 by January the last 2 years due to poor sales, the same thing will happen this year.

The gameplay is average and online is nothing short of an abomination.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And Fifa are churning out the same * year after year, and their online hasn't exactly been * perfect either, i for one will be giving PES a go this year as im totally * off with Fifa's in game momentum ie * scripting

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually pre-ordered it yesterday and am returning to it from FIFA.

Just can't get into FIFA, don't like the gameplay, I cant get into it as I dont feel like its like real football and I actually prefered PES online although I havent played PES online for a couple of years so dont know if its the same but the old Tournaments online on PES I played them all the time Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, the Champions League, Konami Cup, Interantional Cup, Club Cup and that - thought that was a great set up - if you never played it you got 40 minutes I think it was of qualifying to play as many 5 minute matches as you could in that time and your best 3 results in a row would count as your points and goal differance and the top 16 teams advanced into the knockout stages against each other.

The Ultimate team in FIFA I have no interested in, its like kids football stickers brought into a game and the seasons I dont think is as good as those PES cup competitions.

8. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I actually enjoyed the PES demo for the first time in a long time but the FIFA demo shites all over it. There's no comparison really.

9. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I like both I'm getting fifa though might get pes at Christmas or sooner if we're in it

Does it have stadium creator this year?

10. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Were not in PES again this year mate :54:

11. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

* them then :56:

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last time I played PES was 2010 has it changed since then or is still * :56:

13. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Same * every year? That's nonsense. It gets better with each edition. Online works superbly on FIFA. In PES you spend 20 minutes searching for a game and get DC'd 30 seconds after kickoff :56: It's abysmal.

2 things I can't stand on PES - the shooting and the lack of a first touch. It's not got any better from the PS2 days.

I honestly thought you'd like Ultimate Team mate since you are forever listing random players and fantasy 11's. :smiley-laughing002:

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * me you are a Fifa fanboy and a half :smiley-laughing002:

15. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    I'm not really, I used to love PES when it was actually decent. I play the best football game available which has been FIFA since the PS3 days. If I thought PES was the better game then I'd say so.

I'd prefer 2 great football games but PES bores the life out of me and clearly others - hence the lowly sales and early price-cuts over a number of years. It's lightyears behind. Konami just can't get it quite right for whatever reason. How hard can it be to have a stable online connection, it's 2 players competing not 200. :smiley-laughing002: So amateurish.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well Fifa is boring the * aff me because in my opinion it is the same * every year, and as i said before the scripting is a total joke so they can shove it up their hoop

17. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    PISH:38:

18. entersalmon

As I said the FIFA sales are huge. That's not going to change due to any reasons in particular the licensed and the vast amount spent on marketing the product. The gameplay is obviously something that's down to your opinion. As I'm sure will be the case in all the reviews the gameplay for pes provides a far more realistic football sim. FIFA is very easy to play and is definitely extremely popular with kids, in particular the ultimate team part of the game. I'm not fussed if your FIFA brand loyalty will blindly have you back it but to shrug off pes as average in terms of gameplay is odd. I'd also be interested to learn of your experience with the online side of pes and as to why it's driven you to brand it an abomination. I definitely think ea have it right in terms of the amount of variety with online modes available. I used to enjoy pro clubs in particular. Whilst the market is monopolised in terms of licenses to due the finance behind the FIFA series it will continue to outsell other games, no doubt about that.

19. Barry Robson

You'l have Fifa by Christmas, guarantee it :smiley-laughing002:

I have played both demos so far and PES is edging it for me. I will see which is cheapest at christmas and maybe get it. I don't play online so that doesn't concern me. Once Fallout is out i won't be playing any other game for a few months

20. entersalmon

Something noteworthy in regards to both demos. The pes demo has been out ages and is a much earlier build. I might be wrong but I think FIFA is out in a week or two so the demo will be closer to the final build. Liking the choice of teams in the FIFA demo, the pes demo got too boring with the lack of teams I wanted to go.