1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What relevance does his nationality or his boots have to do with his footballing ability?

2. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    yeah, if you're looking to make our defence worse. Villa fans hated him

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think there is definitely a player in Boyata.

One on one I've yet to see him lose a challenge, he just needs games and proper direction I.e pass the ball to a footballer when you've won it.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he had a good second half v Molde..

Think it's difficult for him to come in having not played much football, to be the main leader in our defence.

It would have been much better if he could have been eased in alongside Mulgrew for a bit until Simunovic got up to speed.

His passing and some of decision making are a worry though but physically he is sound.

Sound like someone we know..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  5. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He starts today...along with Eeeefe...

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Oh dear. That was bad..

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

As said before he played well next to Jozo. But next to Blackett and Efe he just does daft things and forgets his positioning.

8. JohnBhoy95

The lad can't pass 5 yards and gets caught out of position far too often. Alright for the league but gets found out in Europe. Him and Ambrose are the modern day chuckle brothers. Could be decent if he's the junior cb

9. LloydsGamble

I rate Boyata. I think he'll be fine in a settled defence.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I like him too, he's better than I thought he would be. I think a few slip ups in his first few games are still hanging over him even though hes been mostly fine the last 10-15 games.

He is obviously not that good a passer of the ball but also not that bad either, his first 5 games he was awful but part of that might have been nerves, he made about 5x more bad passes in those first 5 games than he's done since.

His running the ball out of defence has improved to, from the notorious game he got the ball took off him twice out of clumsiness and we conceded goals from the two of them, recently he's done it a lot better.

Defending I think he is quite good, very good in the air and in the tackle and makes a lot of last ditch blocks or clearances.

Someone mentioned positioning, I havent noticed it that bad so far, mostly our defensive problems are just the lack of * defending we're usually wide open to counter attacks.

Overall I would say he's not quite as good as Kelvin Wilson but early days but better than the likes of Majstorovic, McManus and Loovens.

I expect him to settle in and be a good player.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He is a * shitebag.

He turned his back and moved out of the way of the ball for the first goal against Molde.

I don't think any defender who does that will ever be good enough for us, or any big club really.

I cannot abide shitebags.

didn't even * it from a player but from the * ball!

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair though players do that all the time, I just looked up the first one that came to mind Bittons wonder goal earlier this season and a Kilmarnock guy jumps turning his back but you could probably look up any shot from outside the box and point out that a guy infront turned out the way of it, its just what players always do.

Have to say for that goal it was well placed.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Kilmarnock. :smiley-laughing002:

Players should be putting their bodies on the line to stop shots.

Not only is he a shitebag but he can't pass to save himself.

I'm going on record right now as saying he will not be part of our defence at the start of next season.

He is heartless.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Was just an example, you could look up almost every goal from outside the box and there will be a guy turning out the way of the ball. Look at Rogics at the weekend...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAE70xwzRZY[/ame]

Trying to think of other long range goals against us, can only think of Mendes - again a Celtic player turns away from it although too blurry to make out who.

Another Commons I think it is, does it to that one Ness scored against us.

From Maldini to Gary Kenneth everybodys always done that. Boyata one looked more funny as it was an unusual goal into the side netting from that angle rather than a shot that went up high into a corner or something.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He stands there. Doesn't move while the guy brings it down out the air, controls it, lets it bounce and then shoots.

Then he shies away from it.

Heartless shitebag. I cannot abide players like that and I'm worried that Ronny is filling our team with players like this.

https://streamable.com/x6e7

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I mean look at the * size of him, he should have been all over that Molde player like a cheap suit.

Cannot and will not abide shitebags, especially in * defence.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He could have ran towards the guy to close him down but he was exposed too, had he done that the guy could have knocked the ball to the side and still got a clear view of goal, was a bad situation we were in, mostly due to Commons who got done out wide and Johansen went out wide and Commons did not pick up the guy inside so he had all day on the ball but him turning away from the shot thats just one of those things everybody does.

I bet if you looked up some of the long range goals I can think of we've scored, Wanayma, Kayal, Crosas, Commons, Thompson V Huns, Bitton last season any one of them which had a player infront of them, that player would have turned out the way.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Got to agree with you. I said the same thing not too long ago in this thread that I think Boyata has shown a distinct lack of heart in a Celtic jersey.

By comparison, look at Lustig in that video. I'd love to see him converted into a centre half for us when Janko is fit.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yep, Lustig the only guy covering 50 yards to close him down and then is * raging while Boyata is scratching his *.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think if we got a back-up right full in we'd have a decent back line.

Janko Lustig Simunovic Tierney

with back-ups:

NewRB Boyata NewCB Izaguirre

Also goes without saying that we should be signing another centre half.

When everyone's fit I think that top line should be our back 4. Ronny seems to love Boyata though.