1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :50::50: thanks for that and look forward to visiting your stadium and city next week.

I've been 3 times before to the San Siro and it's always an experience I get very excited about, there is something very special about the smoke drifting through the Milan Sky, a true football experience and as you rightly say a different world to the English Premiership.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Mackay Steven surely must play for his pace on the break alone

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'm assuming that Stokes was injured, never even made the bench.

Aye, definitely. Matthews is a level or two below Lustig.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Away:

Gordon

Matthews Denayer VVD Izzy

Bitton Brown

Johansen Commons Armstrong

Guidetti

Try and stay in it as long as possible and grab a goal. Would go more cautious for this, regardless of their defensive troubles. They can still clearly hurt us.

5. Fatface

Sadly I don't see the bubble bursting anytime soon, for example the new Sky / BT television deal for the English Premiership. £5 billion over three years. The current deal for Scotland is about £15 million per year. They are basically going to be able to buy the CL for the foreseeable future. And third and fourth tier English clubs will be able to outbid and out pay Celtic.

At least in Italy there is some hope, new stadiums for Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Udinese and maybe Inter (?) is a step in the right direction.

6. GerryAdams

Me too... with idiots like Ranocchia and Campagnaro likely to play I can't see it ending scoreless for either side. Icardi will punish anything. He's incredibly selfish, but he will latch onto any mistake.

I just hope Ranocchia plays a blinder, Rangers get promoted and pay us a fortune for him, then ye can pull him to pieces in the Old Firms.

But as you said I can't see any team coming away with a clean sheet, and to be honest I think any hope we had of winning the Europa League evaporated tonight.

7. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    So try and score less? You're off you're head! If we had done that tonight would it have stopped us losing the goals we lost? No... two goalie mistakes and a ricochet by my reckoning..

This team is not strong enough defensively to set out to defend. If we try to do it That tells them they don't have to worry about us at the other end and they can just come forward and pick us off at will.

Sometimes you need to attack to defend.

8. Vertie Auld

Commons would be a great boost for this game.

9. Keano88

I think that , Commons will score a screamer 2nd leg .

10. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I can't believe he's being left out of peoples line ups here.. Must have been watching a different game because he was troubling them more than any other player when he had the ball.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we go out all guns blazing again from the kick off we could easily concede again, effectively killing the tie.

If we bide our time and then attack them at the right moments it would be a much better idea considering the away goals they have and the dangers they still pose up top, make no mistake about that.

Icardi was incredibly quiet tonight, I'd be surprised if he has as quiet a game next week.

12. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Could easily be another 3-3.

13. z1c0

Still buzzing. Girlfriend text me saying she wasn't pregnant just as Guidetti scored, double celebration haha. Surprised I never ended up on the pitch.

14. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    :56::56: * * man. That has to be the most nerve jangling 90 minutes I can imagine!

15. Vertie Auld

I rarely have a clue who's on the ball when I'm at Celtic Park. Armstrong, Johansen and Mackay-Steven all look the same to me, so he might've had a good game. :smiley-laughing002:

16. davidhannah

17. Cmcgregor90

Can't see the interviews ?

18. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Just in after another fantastic European night. Obviously disappointed we literally gave ourselves a mountain to climb after going two down. But the entire crowd never gave up singing and made the atmosphere one of those special occasions you have to have been there to appreciate.

Utterly brilliant fight back though to draw level and gutted to lose a sloppy third just before half time.

We dug in though and were deservedly rewarded with Guidetti's goal at the end to take a point. We were poor defensively tonight and Gordon had his worst game yet, but still pulled off a couple of great saves.

Was good to meet VikingBhoy, his two mates all over from Norway and Celtic Kurd from Berlin who were experiencing their first trip to see Celtic and didn't leave disappointed. Hopefully not too long before they come back again. Managed to get stuartw1888 a spare ticket at the last minute in with the GB. Gasrex was also spotted up from Bristol but somehow missed seeing several others from here who I know were all at the game.

Marie was in fine voice and never stopped singing for the whole 90 minutes. Her two brothers sat in front of her must have went home deaf! :smiley-laughing002:

We have a chance still in the away leg and no reason to fear Inter and have a go at them over there. It'll be difficult but certainly not impossible.

19. seanaldo

My first European game tonight so unsure but it seemed liked to me there were loads of Asian tourists not that I have a problem,just curious do we get lots of tourists for European games

Also a few inter fans in my row

20. Seosamh Máirtín

I disagree. I think Matthews suits our game much better in Europe, where we need to move up the pitch quickly and make the most of our chances. If Lustig was quicker, aye, but you wouldn't see him pulling the kind of heroics like you saw from Adam for our first goal tonight. Great speed and dribbling.