1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who should we sign in summer transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Feb 12, 2015.

Discuss Who should we sign in summer transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    For defs although i would keep Zaluskas and McGregor

2. Stevieg78

I'd like to see us sign more Scottish players! Rather the money stay here a then going out to random European leagues. The best players in Scotland should be coming to Celtic and not down to England!

3. murphy88

Depends on whether the best players in Scotland are good enough for Celtic. I'll be honest, outwith Mackay-Steven & Armstrong, there ins't really any I'd be overly fussed about.

Anyway, for the summer. Need to try all we can to get Denayer back on loan, failing that, we will need two new centre halfs, which is a concern. Hopefully we can get Guidetti signed up also.

4. FlaviusMecurius

Zaluska isn't doing anything here tho' think we'd be better having Fasan as backup! Also mcgregor is less likely to get a sniff now with signing Armstrong & GMS. Henderson is a far better prospect than Calum & I would concentrate on developing him more & trying to get Forrest fit! Don't think Calum is cut out for our level, another McGowan!

5. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

The entire Aberdeen first team! It's our only hope!

#GettingWorried

#TacticallyClueless

#4-4-2

#RonnyOut

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    It is common to have 3 goalkeepers, Fasan is option 3. Remember that CG has had a very serious knee injury so Zaluska as no2 is a must.

Maybe young McGregor is not but i would give him another season or 2

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The only loan signing I want to see is Denayer. I think we'll sign Guidetti then look for 1 or 2 CB's and a young LB like Hendrie or even Shinnie.

Have to get rid of the dead wood as well- Balde, Pukki, Derk, Rogic, loan out McGregor or just sell. Virgil will probably be gone and possibly Forrest/ Matthews, just got a feeling one of them might leave.

8. FlaviusMecurius

Don't get me wrong we deffo need 3 goalies but Zaluskas out of contract at the end of the season & has been here a long time making imho absolutely no impact whatsoever! Fasan would be a good understudy for Craig & we could sign someone else also.

Saw rumours a while ago that Ronny was interested in signing the keeper from stromsgodset.

Just feel that Lukasz has had his time at Celtic he's been a reasonable backup & has been loyal but at what 32-33 he should really be playing for someone now he's never gonna get that here because as likeable as he is he's never good enough!

9. Drifter

It's getting hard to spot the weak links in the team now, and we have decent cover in every position. Our first 11 is also very young, so keeping them at the club and steadily improving them will probably be the main focus. Stability in the squad seems to be a big priority.

Hopefully City will be happy with the way we are developing Denayer, so we get to keep him for another year, and maybe they'll give us another couple of young prospects on long term loans as well.

If we win a triple or do well in the EL this year, I can see a lot of EPL clubs coming in for several of our players. Still - if we handle the market wisely we could come out even stronger despite losing some profiles.

Great scouting is a must if we want to compete with richer clubs. So far we have done very well, so can't wait to see what will happen in summer.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The perfect window for me would be (assuming Virgil leaves):

- Keeping Denayer for at least another year.
    - Another good quality CB
    - Left back who can hopefully become first choice
    - Johnny Russell - Perfect for the way we play just now.

Out:

- Boerrigter
    - Pukki
    - Balde
    - Fridjonsson
    - Rogic
    - McGregor

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  11. murphy88

We missed the boat with Russell unfortunately. You are right though, he would be ideal for our formation.

12. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Why would you want another left back in the hope they become first choice when we've already got one that's easily good enough as first choice?

Keeping Denayer would be huge though.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well we could be doing with another left back, and I don't see the point in siging a left back just to provide back up. Should be trying to strengthen.

Plus, I'm not Izzy's biggest fan at all.

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I would like to see some ambition shown. Most likely to default, 8m player if there is value bla bla bla. Right then Lawwell just sign Denayer on a permanent contract. Even if we have to pay 5m (i reckon we could do the deal for less) just make it happen, when you sell him in a few years we will double the money anyway at least.

15. Johnopfer1

derk, pukki, ambrose, should all be punted, van dijk will be sold and mcgregor should be put out on loan! If henderson aint gonna be featuring more then he should be out on loan with a recall clause in it, would be a coup!

would like to bring in a solid cb, and maybe a loanee CB! cover for LB and another striker, someone with that clinicity we have been lacking!

16. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    There is no way denayer would sign for us, hes already with man city,best we could hope for is another years loan, man city will want him and he will want to stay there

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

There's ambition and there's unrealistic.

18. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Nonsense they only buy established players. If we bought him for 5 we can insert a buy back clause for 10. Best of both worlds. If Citeh dont want him back he can move on to whoever he wants for the same fees. Everyone wins, us, city, and the player. Show some balls man, "no chance hed sign for us" what a joke

19. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    Being realistic man, city will want to keep a prospect like him. and do we pay all his wages? even if city did want to sell, Id imagine with the wages he would get from a team like southampton would keep us from getting him. I dont think city will sell anyway, he will go out on loan again.

20. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    Like it or not we have a set structure of wages and fees and we need this. with the money now being plunged into england its only going to get worse and most players will take the 50 grand a week to play for a club who wont win anything and struggle to stay in the PL than get 15 grand a week to play for celtic who can get trophies and Can get into europe, sad but true