1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Any middle ground on here?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TimFloyd, Dec 23, 2014.

Discuss Any middle ground on here? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye pretty much you and a couple of other members were the only ones I thought was on the same wave length as my self.

Kind of why I made the thread, to sound out any others because it did feel like it was only the two extremes.

Not really though, I seen someone post something along the lines of "we are in all comps, things could literally not be any better for us"

I mean, c'mon really? :smiley-laughing002:

2. Wicker Bhoy

Are Celtic fans now at the stage where if we don't hammer every team in the league, have it won by February and win the treble then we're playing *. Because that seems to be the way people chat on here and it's ridiculous. Give some credit to other Scottish teams and their managers.

3. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I dont think it is a case of disrespecting the other clubs. Our budget and facilities should see us dominate without question. I think if you consider this then you have to conclude that if we are not annihilating the league then we are not getting value for money. BTW i am one of the most critical posters on here about us this season but i give the sheep and utd far more respect than most. We should not underestimate them but at the same time they should be nowhere near us domestically.

4. Vertie Auld

The thing that * me off isn't so much people being overly critical of Deila but people saying that there's no way he can change. I mean, come on to *. :smiley-laughing002:

5. Vertie Auld

Lennon's a shining example of how managers mature and adapt. For all that he spent 8 years at Strømsgodset, this is an entirely new level of management.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think it is the case of disrespecting the opposition, maybe not in your case, but in plenty of others.

It's only December, how far infront were you wanting to be 10, 20 points? We can't possibly play well evey game and annihilate everyone we come up against. Incredibly unrealistic. Come February or March is when we will pull away again. *, we were even pulling away there until a freak incredibly rotten performance against a decent United side.

Folk seem to have this attitude even more since the Huns disappeared, don't know why, as if taking one team out the equation would make a difference. Many seem to think we should finish the season unbeaten simply because they are not here, don't understand it:smiley-laughing002:

So many fans seem to think we have the * given right to win every game(sometimes it looks like the players think that as well). Must admit it comes alot of the time from supporters around my age, in their late teens who have only really known relative success with O'neill and Strachan, Lennon...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Saying he is stubborn and unwilling to change is a fair criticism to be honest. I have been * about how easy we are to catch on the break since the very early days and so far i have seen no effort to fix this problem. I also think that he persists with a formation that does not suit our squad. I think our problems are not major and can be fixed. It does seem that he is unwilling to change things to fix our problems.

8. Wicker Bhoy

We do have a superior budget yes, but we are also top of the league. The Sheep put Gronigen out of Europe and played two very competitive games against Sociadad, they're a good side. Dundee Utd are also no mugs and on their day would be a tough game for any team. They have sold two players for £3m+ last season and still retained Armstrong, Citfci and GMS, Erskine also looks a player. Even Hearts seem like a force and their not even in the top flight, our game against the didn't do them justice imo. Scottish football may be in the mire but their is still a high caliber of player at certain teams in the league and we shouldn't be so quick to forget that.

9. Vertie Auld

He's inflexible but I think he'll come good when he has his own squad at his disposal. Short-term, it'd maybe be better to select a system based on the players we have currently but, in the long-term, I think it'll benefit us to develop a philosophy that's consistent from the academy through to the first team. Domestically, at least, we should be imposing our game on opponents, rather than adapting to theirs.

10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady

I started supporting the hoops in the early 90's as a wee boy when we were winning nothing. I do think given the current circumstance that we do have a * given right to breeze through this league.

We have the biggest and best stadium

The most season tickets by far

A top training ground

The best youth teams in the country

And a budget miles ahead of our rivals

Teams should not be competing with us for the title. It is as simple as that.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    They aren't really competing though, we are still 4 points clear at the top and could very easily pull away after christmas.

People are just too * quick to hit the panic button after a defeat or rotten performance. Seen it so many times, especially under Lennon. Celtic fans are some of the most fickle in the world.

One or two defeats here and there is expected, no matter how great our facilities might be. The players we have are better than every other team in the league, but they are not invincibles by any stretch of the imagination.

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Wake up lad if we do not win our next game then we are smack bang in the middle of a title race.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Don't think I need to wake up at all 'lad'.

The only time you appear on here is when there is one of these threads, where you can vent your * towards the current gaffer.

We will win the * league, stop * your frillies.

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You will go through life being disappointed if you think
    everything is black & white & If You honestly think we have a "* given right" to breeze through the league then you are spoiled.

Most season tickets, biggest & best stadium, a few absolute clinchers there.:50:

15. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    At the minute we are not maximising our potential. There is no harm in having a winning attitude. We should not be making such a hard job of this title race. Given the gulf between us and the rest this is not unreasonable.

16. Markybhoy

I'd say there is a middle ground and I am standing on it. I am neither all in on Ronny Deila or wanting him sacked. I am still in wait and see mode. So far I would say he's doing ok but in the long run I expect more. He came in promising us silky football and I'm yet to see much evidence of it. We've had a few good performances but not enough. He's only had one transfer window to work with so far and any manager needs longer than that to fully implement his own style so, like I said, I think it's only fair to wait and see what he can do once he's had a bit more time in charge.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm squarely in the middle, I think there are more questions about him than answers but don't see any benefit to sack him.

We will win the League but the other competitions are anyone's guess.

If we were still sitting mid table like we were in October then getting him out would seem obligatory but the domestic improvement since then convinces me enough to give him the opportunity to finish the season and take things from there.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Who '* sake Loovens'-d this thread you wanks?:56: