1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SloBhoy, Oct 14, 2014.

Discuss Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Quite :icon_mrgreen:

2. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were the 2 players who ran up and grabbed the Flag, but 9 members of the squad were actually born in Kosovo, and as it happens most of the players were not running up and grabbing the flag but were talking to the ref or each other.

And CS even if the Flag is Inflamattory which I agree it is, how does it excuse the racist chants and taunts for the 30 minutes before the drone appeared and how could fans at the game claim to be offended by the Deeper meaning when they couldn't see the details of the flag from the stand let alone sitting home watching on TV.

3. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić

no you do not. spare me your bullshit and lies.

you totally dismiss the greater albanian flag and blame us for reacting the way we did. greater albania isn't a fairy tale it is a very real prospect.

They have almost wiped out cultural and religious buildings in our southern province. some dating back thousands of years. all done based on a greater albania ideology.

to you it is a flag, to the people of the region is is not a flag. typical arrogance/ignorance. thinking you know more about the 'flag' than we do. or that somehow you are morally superior.

stick to issues where you dont make yourself look like an idiot.

your territories are not in danger of being annexed so of course you wouldn't understand

no idea at all. dont come here and talk *. on the black piece of material was a flag of albania with the two nationalist figures and map of greater albania (territories they have taken already and are in the process of taking).

in macedonia they attacked tetovo in 2001, ha they even say they will burn Skopje with gasoline.

so no this flag is not just a bit of 'fun' as you seem to think. you have to mentally challenged not to understand this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  4. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    look at their reaction when mitrovic tried to take it down.

one of the albanian staff members took it.

you don't think other balkan teams dont chant 'kill xyz'? of course they do. croats have chanted it so have bosniaks. The crowd was calm before the drone appeared..

the crowd could see the flag of albania proper though they never tried to * it. how do you know they couldn't see GA flag..they must have been able to see it..they wouldn't have reacted the way they did if it had been a flag with albania proper on it.

5. Mr.Q

What a silly statement to make.

You know only too well that nobody in that stadium:
    1. could see that there's a map on the banner;
    2. knew who the persons depicted on the banner actually are.

What you also do know (or should know if you weren't brainwashed by your media) is that the people in the stadium went bananas just because they saw the Albanian national symbol (a black double-headed eagle on a red background).

One could make the argument that the Albanian players overreacted to Mitrovic bringing down the banner (which contained the Albanian national symbol).

However, one could also make the argument that it wasn't Mitrovic's (or any of the Serbian players') place or job to bring down the banner. The players of both sides should have waited for either the match officials or the stadium security to take care of the banner (as all Albanian players and most of the Serbian players did).

The Albanian players reacted (again, maybe their reaction was a bit over the top) to the fact that a Serbian player (who, again, had no right to undertake such action) "made a move" on their national symbol.

This is perfectly understandable having in mind the entire atmosphere and the fact that Serbian sportsman have a history with desecration of other countries flags (e.g. Vlade Divac tossing Croatia's flag to the ground during the 1990 World Basketball Championships).

6. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Serbians would know all about Invading other peoples' countries and having extreme nationalist views wouldn't they :56:

What's Serb for DENIAL?

7. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    brainwashed by media? ahahah what the * cia/western funded media like b92 :smiley-laughing002:
    cool story.

phone cameras were able to zoom in on it.. course we knew who was on the flag and the territories encompassed on it. we can tell the difference between albanian territory and a map of greater albania.

what rubbish. if they went bannanas then how come the albanian flag in front of the albanian team wasn't touched.

so the banner should have just been allowed to fly for as long as it liked and interrupt the match? Mitrovic took it down to get on with the game he didn't throw it away he didnt throw it down in anger.

who gives anyone the right to tell a player what they should do when they see an oportunity to take down the flag to continue the game.

it's not the albanian national symbol that's the problem. Its the 'greater albania' symbol that 's the problem. the fact that the albanian players reacted angrily to mitrovic taking down the symbol of a greater albania says it all.

tossing a flag away does not amount to desecration.
    Divac said his intention was never to desecrate it.

8. Mr.Q

Indeed!

9. North

Except it's not about two countries right now. It's about one country, Serbia, that has been partitioned by the machinations of the western world.

10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Serbia are just a poorer version of America, which is why I find it hilarious and ironic they hate the west, as they too like bullying their neighbours and smaller countries but when someone "offends" their precious country they start crying and raging.

Take your own medicine and shut up.

11. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    is that your attempt to be a troll:smiley-laughing002: we were around before Columbus discovered america. I know it burns you deep inside.

serbian govt today are a nation of traitors and sell outs. a bannana republic who have no values or self-respect. they would sell everything for an empty eu promise. bully other countries?:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

is that what fox news cnn tell you?:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

we don't bow to anyone.

when you come on and talk * spreading misinformation due to your own bias and idiocy like you did in this thread, your arguments get destroyed.

no way in * will I allow you say a 'flag' representing stolen territories is somehow ok when these territories are taken via terrorism , pogroms and destruction of ancient monuments.

how cute an internet warrior like you is talking big on the internet, because that's all you've got.

own medicine?

12. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I have no opinion on your country, positively or negatively, I respond to things as they happen with no bias, so stop jumping to conclusions and getting on the ultra-defensive - just because i'm saying things you disagree with you instantly think i'm a zionist western Fox news propaganda monkey :56:
    If you ever catch me watching Fox (or the BBC or any other state sponsored media channel) then you have permission to shoot me in the face, ok?

Here's some facts for you:

You can't moan at Albanians wanting a "Greater Albania" when your country has literally faught wars for a "Greater Serbia". Either you're both wrong or you're both in the right - how do you get off on painting Serbia as the victims all the time, constantly harassed by nasty Kosovans and Albanians and western media lies?
    I'm guessing the KLA murdered people close to you and that's why you harbour resentment? Understandable of course, but no reason to bury your head in the sand, ignore facts and defend amoral deeds of your own compadres.

Your predeccesors and many of your people have the exact same expanionist and extreme nationalist views as the people you hate!
    You are no better or worse than the Albanians, for example, yet you try and live in denial and blame things on them. One guy flying an unmanned drone into a stadium, your fans going crazy and attacking innocents, the armed police standing by and allowing your ultras to attack people, and NONE of it is your fault?

Many of your fans consistently break rules (serious ones, not just bullshit like pyro) and yet it's all big bad UEFA's fault? I'm no fan of UEFA by any means, I suspect me and you would agree if we discussed Blatter and Platini, but come on man - years of racist chanting and violence at matches - UEFA aren't just making things up or attacking you for nothing are they!

I'm not saying you're all like Milosevic but ffs, Serbs are hardly the angels of planet Earth, you're not some morally superior neutral nation of innocents like Greenland or New Zealand. You don't get to accuse everyone of being against you - and some people are against you for good reason!

How am I an internet warrior? I'm not making any threats against you, I'm not saying i'm gonna come kill your family ffs! I've said nothing unfair or nasty to you at all, you just keep hopping on the defensive as soon as anyone says anything you perceive to be anti-Serb.
    I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of you and your nation. You in the past have invaded other countries and waved your flag in their faces, someone else does it to you and you don't like it? Boo-hoo.

Either get over it or don't antagonise people in the first place.

This is my last comment to you because you clearly won't listen to reason and are far too biased and patriotic, which isn't a bad thing in of itself, but it's blinding you. I suspect even if a Serb beheaded a Croat live on TV and shouted "DEATH TO ALL CROATS!" you would still find a way to defend him and claim victimhood.

i'm out.

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    just me or anybody else not give a monkeys * what happens in that area of the world. its as if its a race to go back to the dark ages.

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes and bombed to * by NATO whilst being portrayed as the problem in the whole region,you only need to look at the way the Albanian were celebrating their teams return to a Hero's welcome to see who caused this * on Tuesday night

15. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić

'greater albania' were the territories of modern day macedonia, montenegro, greece southern serbia and kosovo given to them by mussolini in WW II when the albanian fascist party came to power.

after ww II those territories given by mussolini to albania were then taken back by bulgaria (now macedonia), Montenegro Greece e.t.c

the albanian goal is to create the same state they had in wwII. like the croats want to recreate the NDH..thats why they undertook operation mistral in 95. ppl harp on about greater serbia e.t.c yet they dont care about any of the other states one of which is starting to take form. double standards.

No modern Serbian leader has ever embodied the ideals of Tsar Dusan or tried to become like him to create a greater serbia.

Seselj openly stated he did want a greater Serbia though he is all talk.

if we actually did want a greater serbia as ppl falsely imply then then we would have taken macedonia, eastern bulgaria and western romania, it could have been done though there is no point.

Even though Serbs live in those territories, we don't want them because they are not ours.

even in ww II it would have been mad to do it because we lost 2.5 million in both world wars, for a 'greater serbia' our population would have needed to be 3 million, even if it was it would have been absurd to waste all those lives we didn't have.

Greater serbia is the territories in which Serbs were a majority, after WWI king alexander could have solved the problem by drawing a line around serb ancestral homelands (parts of Krajina, Eastern Bosnia, Kosovo, Vojovdina. but he chose yugoslavia. had he actually chosen a unified Serbian state the war and disputes of the last 20 yrs would never have happened. when the great powers offer to give us a state it's ok, yet when they are against us they use ' greater serbia' argument. its bizzare.

of all the former yugoslav republics, serbs have the most refugees and expelled/Killed ppl. Refugees from bosnia herzegovina region, eastern croatia and Kosovo number almost one million. that is not my opinion, that is because Serbs were the largest group in former yugo, so they would have largest number of casualties.

our hands are not clean by a long shot, I'm not saying they are..

albanians, say parts of Serbian territory is theirs yet they destroy it and behave as if it is not theirs. it's ironic.they cause problems for the Greeks, Macedonians, Montenegrins e.t.c

like I said I found it suspicious ivan was allowed a ticket into the stadium and how some hools got onto the pitch...bad policing of course. the level of corruption in football is higher than the sky.

uefa ignored chants by barca fans unfurling catalan banners and they say no politics in football. they pick and choose who they punish.

we have never had problems when we played france, cameroon, ghana, algeria e.t.c the racism occured during the england game. from a small bunch of idiots. the media then say the whole nation is guilty. it turns into a collective demonization. It should be against the individuals not the whole nation.

pr firms in the 90's waged a propaganda campaign in favor of one side and demonized the other. they said so themselves. this is why we don't like the west. their hypocrisy mainly. because the media was not fair and objective.

we lost the media war..so..crimes against serbs were hushed up (and some comments even applaud crimes against serbs and call for full and final 'solution') yet west says nothing.

crimes committed by serbs were reported, even the media even embellished them to provoke outrage among int community to falsely justify bombings. ( ruder and finn even stated they reported about crimes they couldnt 'verify').

All our former generals and soldiers e.t.c are on trial in front of the whole world (some who are legally innocent (Milosevic) and some are guilty) yet hague don't care about those who commit crimes against serbs.

who will be punished for dynamiting Serbian houses, beheading of serb civillians, impaling them, carrying out pogroms..not one person has been punished no bosnian paramilitaries/soldiers, croats, KLA have ever been tried..the west don't care because they supported it. Their silence when it comes to crimes against Serbs is deafening.

most ppl think we are soley responsible for 'causing' the whole conflict. there is evidence that refutes this. holbrooke and clinton needed to blame someone so they started to 'circulate rumours' and misinformation which then became 'factual'.

we are not angels, Serbia is not superior to anyone else in fact they are pro eu faggots who would sell the whole country out. we have our chauvinist idiots. media portray chauvanist idiots as representatives of Serbian society, culture e.t.c which is totally false.

some ppl don't like us we're not really bothered tbh...

invaded? Serbs had lived outside Serbia's borders for centuries in modern day croatia/bosnia, you cannot invade territories you have lived on for thousands of years. the JNA were the guardians of territorial integrity according to the yugoslav constitution.

I would never defend anyone who would behead someone live on tv. that is indefensible...regardless of whether they're Serb, somalian, german e.t.c

when Serbian nt went to zagreb croats were chanting 'kill the serbs' and chanting * war time salutes, when we played bih in 2005 bosnian fans were singing 'hang serbs from willow trees'...the media only half report it and the comment sections are very very quiet. how ironic.

we chant kill albanians, this was priority reporting for media outlets. yet if you were to look at what others sing to us, the media almost turn a blind eye. there is no public outrage.

the west give our territory away and when we protest they say we are terrorists. would america accept someone giving away their territory? no they would not. america even told albania they would never allow them a 'greater albania', though we will see how that goes. Like I said flags are not the problem. if other ethnicities want to take territories they had in wwII and form an enlarged state then that will cause alot of problems....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just throw Serbia and Albania out of football altogether.

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    'both as bad as each other' eh?

18. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Racist chants, throwing flares and objects at Albanian Players and singing that you want to kill all Albanians is never ok, because someone else did it too is not a valid excuse, anyone who does it is in the wrong.

And their is no way people from the stands could have recognized anything more than the Albanian flag part and even then they would not have recognized that it was Greater Albania,.

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Scotland will move up the rankings as Serbia are ahead of them and so will every Scottish club as the Serbian teams are ahead of most of the Scottish teams.
    In turn, with Scotland moving up the rankings the coefficient points that Celtic would gain would move them up the rankings by maybe 1 or 2 places.

20. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    considering the last time we met was 1998-9 and since then there has been alot of acts of destruction, its not really surprising. before the provocation happned the fans were generally calm.

when we went to Zagreb and bih both fans of opposing teams chanted all sorts of 'racist' and * wII salutes, remarks e.t.c yet whenever they chant it, media only half report it as if they don't care and the public outrage is not as fierce.

when we chant kill xyz media condemn it and public reaction is fierce. the media has double standards for who can chant certain things.

thats why former yu teams should never play each other.

those close to the pitch would have seen it. The banner is quite big so it was easy to see what was on it. well ppl in the region know what a greater albania territory looks like and who those two guys were on the flag, everybody knows.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014