1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SloBhoy, Oct 14, 2014.

Discuss Serbia v Albania abandoned after Albanian fans use drone to fly a flag over the pitch in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    uefa:smiley-laughing002:

2. Millerntor

The charge of ‘refusing to play’ might be true but it is utterly laughable that this was a serious suggestion.

Re the laser pointer, i seen this happen at a few games over the past week. Just daft really.

3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They have choice of possible sanctions

Points deduction.
    Award tie to one team.
    Fines.
    Force to play behind closed doors.
    Thrown out of competition.
    If thought serious enough - thrown out of football altogether.

4. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Behind closed doors is the most sensible one should have been that beforehand anyways

5. Millerntor

Suspect both will be fined and the game replayed behind closed doors somewhere – or the game just scrapped. Serbia also to have other group games behind closed doors or a suspended sentence at least (unless they are already on one?) The return game to go behind closed doors somewhere and them separated for any future draws. But who knows with UEFA!

The charge to Albania re banner is interesting as officially they had no fans in the stadium other than dignitaries.

6. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    looks like the greater albania flag set things off again.

Montenegrins stoned albanian embassy in Montenegro and Greeks and Albanians fighting on the Greek/Albanian border.

7. C2911

So Jungo is homophobic, racist AND a * pest.

Who would have thought it?

8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I'm very clued up actually and view it from a logical and calm perspective, though I seem to be one of few left these days.

I don't give a * what is on a flag - IT'S JUST A * FLAG!

If someone walks up to you, punches you in the face and calls you a Serbian *, then you can get offended and react. Anything short of that though? Unless you're 7 years old then you should just get over it and chill. Flags don't kill people.

Understand comrade?

9. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    The whole reaction to them pulling the flag down was a joke to be honest. you cant exactly play football with a * flag flying about the pitch. Total over reaction and I hope they get points deducted or pumped out the competition for it.

10. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Would you be offended by a * flag?

11. thrillhouse

I thought the Serbian players behaved very well tbf to them. The Albanian players behaved like idiots, as did the fans and stewards. The whole situation looks stupid from where I am, but then if we aren't from that area then it would as few of us have any idea what it's like living there. After all the * which has happened there in recent times to antagonise the opposition like that is only going to end one way and therefore whoever is responsible for the flag is the biggest douchebag of all of them.

12. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić

obviously the concept of 'territorial integrity' doesn't exist to you. because you're totally ignorant to the history of the region.

it not just a flag, it's their territorial aspirations, which are currently underway.

Serbia, Greece, Macedonia and south east Montenegro are threatened. albanians in these countries are claiming territories that are not theirs. they in the process of taking western macedonia, they claim greek parts as albanian and tear down greek flags and put albanian ones up e.t.c

by doing this they are creating a very bad situation for themselves.

if a flag of 'greater serbia' (if one even exists) was flown it would be a different story. typical hypocrisy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  13. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    How is it different to an all-Ireland flag or a northern Ireland flag wouldn't that be the same?

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don't know any Serbs personally but of the Albanians i have met, every single one of them would sell their granny to a rapist if it would save them money.
    They are to a man(the ones i know) a bunch of corrupt, thieving, useless, lazy, racist bunch of thugs that, if they got sentenced to hang, i would gladly pull the lever sending them to the long drop.

15. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić

because greater albania was only implemented when the albanian fascist party became the ruling party under italian administration in ww II.

Mussolini then gave the albanians parts of Kosovo, Montenegro Bulgaria (now macedonia).

after world war II Albania's borders returned to default, without the territories Mussolini gave them.

its different to ireland flags because ireland's borders did not expand. nor did they take territories that were not theirs.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't know any good ones either but this is extreme :56:

Thought the Albanian players were an absolute disgrace when that flag was rightfully pulled down..
    Wouldn't surprise me if the players knew that was going to take place as they seemed to revel in the trouble..

17. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    No.

IT'S A FLAG

I know all about Balkan politics and social history and 'territorial integrity'. That, though, is totally and utterly irelevant. You, once again, are conflating politics and war with a football qualification match between a number of professionals, not politicians or soldiers. You, once again, are getting on the defensive, unquestionably defending Serbia and blaming those damned "hypocritical westerners".

The Albanian who flew a flag from a drone was not attacking you, your people, or your 'territorial integrity' - he was having a laugh. You ever do that in Serbia?

Flying a flag at a sporting event =/= clear sign of territorial aspirations/ invasion/genocide.

What Albania did the other night = fun. What Putin did in Ukraine - illegal territorial aspirations. You starting to get it yet or no?

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I am going to take a wild guess here and guess Tirana is not your favourite summer holiday destination then:icon_mrgreen:

19. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

They never ever should have played each other in the first place. Without commenting what's happened on and off the field, one thing's really cringeworthy: pseudo nationalism shown by a very few albanian-swiss players.

cmon, they were born in Switzerland, lived all their lives here or moved here when they were little kids/babies. They were brought up in a safe country and didn't have to endure and experience the war in the 90s.

they are tourists in their parents' home country. still, after that game, they acted like some kind of albanian war heroes.

I'm looking at you Taulant Xhaka. You are Swiss with Albanian roots. Nothing wrong with being proud of your roots, but why acting like a Nationalist - all of a sudden? If he had been a better football player, he would be playing for Switzerland, just like his brother Granit.

20. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded

Why are they not THIERS? Maybe they were there first.

Keepsies, like.