1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats Your Dog??

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Oct 12, 2014.

Discuss Whats Your Dog?? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I have a 3.5 year old Labrador x Alsation called Kevin. He's an absolute legend and he's basically human :smiley-laughing002:

He understands a ridiculous amount of English and can open doors too. Mad how you can really get to know a dog. They all have their own personalities.

2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I nearly had a * heart attack and an emotional breakdown at the same time today,my 8 year old Boxer Dog Daughter Jasmine had a seizure while playing Bally on the local big field.
    I * myself,she collapsed pretty much semi lifeless,i held her and ran upset to a nearby bench,hugging her,talking to her,she came around.
    I forgot about seizures in dogs,she had one years ago when she was a lot younger,anyway turns out they are pretty harmless,but i was for a short while in pieces!
    Then something more humourus but annoying happened later,see another Topic!

3. Bratfurdbhoy1

Glad she is ok:50:

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Massive thanks Bratfurdbhoy1!

5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

That's good she's ok mate, I've got a boxer also and would hate for anything to happen to him.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I used to have a Lab that took regular seizures.Horrible to watch.....but he got to a good age.

He had 2 head injuries as a young dog, that almost had him unconscious, and i used to wonder if they caused it.
    No1, he has so * hyper and quick, and when i used to kick an old bladder for him and try and kick it away in the opposite direction he was frantically anticipating, one time he was too fast for his own good and ran straight in between my boot and the ball, and his jaw took it full force! Poor boy was bleeding in the mouth, and i was in my heart.
    No2, similarly, he tried to go too fast to get a stone i was lobbing in the street and he turned too fast and ran headfirst into a roughcast wall of a house.Aaarrrggghhh.

Still miss him.

7. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Agreed to look after the dog next door for a few hours, first thing he does is * and * in 3 different rooms, out the back ye go and you can bark all you want you little white peice of * no ones coming!

8. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    A little mutt who I don't like

9. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Im sure the feeling will be mutual.:smiley-laughing002:

10. Wellsy

We have 2 Boxer's. Brodie is 12 and Oscar is 4 today :)

When Oscar was about 1 1/2 he was really unwell. Every movement he made brought him pain and he would yelp whenever we tried to clap him. One day, my dad shouted on me because Oscar was "freaking out". By the time I came downstairs he had stopped but he was just lying down, breathing heavy. Fortunately our vet lives a few doors along and he came round to see him. He said we needed to get him to the Glasgow Vet School ASAP.

Myself and my parents were sitting in the consultation(?) room with the vet when he "freaked out" again. After the vet brought it under control she explained that he was having a seizure. He was quickly taken to a sort of dog A & E. They identified a virus that was effecting his brain, like meningitis but not meningitis (the actual name escapes me for now). After about 1 week we got him back and he seemed ok but for a good 6 months after this he would go through spells where he would again yelp when he moved/was petted. Fortunately the college gave our vet some steroids/drugs to give him if it happened again. He's been fine for a good year and a half now, touch wood.

I can still remember when he took that seizure in the vet's room. Poor *'s eyes were wide as * and he was looking straight at me, like he was begging for help.

It's not something I ever want to see again.

11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    My boxer dog Jasmine had 2 more small seizures this morning,so t took her to the Vet at lunchtime,her heartbeat is fine,as is her weight and her eyes and movement are fine.She has had a blood test,i am waiting for the results later today,and i will hand in her urine sample tomorrow.
    I have been very upset,but i suppose it is best to fear the worst than be over confident,anyway she is busy crunching a new bone as we speak and has had her dinner,bless her.
    I am very glad your 2 Boxers are doing fine Wellsy,you must have through *.Tell you what there is something about Boxer Dogs,it is as if they are half human and are so loving and loyal.And cheeky!

12. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
  13. Cadete

Hopefully someone in the family takes to hm?//

14. Pinstripe

Two wee Yorkies, one of them still recovering fae an operation that she underwent last week, repair cruciate ligaments and joint socket.
    First we were told Glasgow, then Fife and eventually got the operation done in Dundee, was really impressed with the vet, good bloke.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  15. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It is not looking good for my Boxer Dog Jasmine,it is hard to say,may be here for a week,week,months perhaps a year,but perhaps more less than more.
    I love her so much,got her at just 6 weeks and 4 days old,she is now 8 years and 2 months old.
    All i can do is give her all the love in the world and let her enjoy her much smaller walks,she has nothing but good in her.

16. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

That's a shame mate! Really hate hearing news like that!

Best of luck mate hope she lives a few more years! :50:

17. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Spaniel, he's spent the last 5 minutes lying with his head under the couch looking for something that doesn't exist. Checked and nothing was there, he gave up eventually.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    did she get diagnosed with something specific?

19. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Hope your dog sticks around for a while Cider :50: All my dog does is sleep all day but I can't imagine her not being there in the background snoring louder the telly :smiley-laughing002:

[​IMG]

20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    She had a thorough check at the Vets mygirlmaria,blood tests fine,Urine sample fine,heart as strong as a 4 year olds,overall health and weight fine.
    But she has lost 80% of her energy and is having small but frightening seizures.It could well be a brain tumour? I am fearing the worst,however Seizures are common in Boxer Dogs aged 7 and more,sometimes they come and then go.
    She is eating okay and is confused as she is not using her usual energy levels.Jasmine is going back to the Vets in a week,if she is still having seizures she may go on medication or even have a MRI Scan.
    It is horrible,last saturday she was still as fit as a 2 year old,i am fearing the worst,but she knows i love her so much and she loves me so much,the trust we have with each other is unreal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015