1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you satisfied with this transfer window?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Partickbhoy, Aug 31, 2014.

Discuss Are you satisfied with this transfer window? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    If we do get the Serbian and he is indeed our last business for the window will that be enough for you and enough for the club?

Do we need more positions signed/covered?

Have the club under delivered with expectations once again ? Or we are about right for Spifl league with squad?

More loans than Wonga? Building temporary revolving team again? Or clever to try before buy?

Total outlay from the club is 2.5 to 3 mill ? Good business or stingy * again?

2. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    I'm the most dissatisfied I've been with a window in a long time and that is saying something. Our business has been done way too late.

3. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We've lost our best player and are about to lose our other best player. So no, not really.

4. Ninefingers

* no.

Still need a LB, CB, tall strong DM, Creative midfielder and another striker.

and a clear out.

5. Vertie Auld

I'm very pleased with the signing of Gordon. I think that could turn out to be a very astute piece of business. I'm happy with the signing of Denayer. He's a great prospect. A little disappointing that we have no option to buy but if he continues in the same vein as he's started, I'll have no complaints. Berget hasn't inspired me so far. Still early. Tonev, Wakaso and Šćepović are yet to play but they could turn out well.

Still need to strengthen though. Loan deals with the option to buy don't concern me too much. There're advantages and disadvantages.

6. Student12

Not really.

I think the Celtic team looks really poor.

There's no guarantee that the loan signings will be signed, and if they perform well then I'm sure clubs that can offer higher wages than Celtic will be in for them.

Also, if Rangers get into the SPL then Celtic aren't going to have a really settled squad if the 4 loanees go back to their clubs, are they?

7. ulsterscot

Really I think it is foolish to bring in any more than four five players in any one window .
    Quality is more important than quantity . Its difficult to know the quality of the players brought in as we haven't seen some of them yet . Also the players we have had are not playing as well as last season , so it is impossible to give a definite answer .

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No.

I acknowledge the loan signings and they could yet prove useful but we haven't done enough to change the side. Once again we have left our business to the last minute.

The squad is still bloated with average players who won't feature and we are missing a couple players of better quality in a few areas across the team, most notably up top and at attacking midfield for me.

1 Striker is not enough I don't think either, we should have tried to get rid of Balde, Fridjohnsson, and one of Pukki or Griffiths by now and brought in both Scepovic and someone else. For me anyway.

Pretty frustrating once again but it's what we have gotten used to I suppose.

9. Vertie Auld

In terms of signings in - fine.

We've replaced Forster, we still have Virgil. Why the * we let Sammy go is beyond me. Most of our problems come from last season (failure to replace Hooper) though.

We should have rid ourselves of deadwood and mediocrity though so signings out - not so great.

10. xDanCFCx

This

11. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We've got weaker after a transfer window once again.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    No. After out performance in the CL last year it was obvious we were struggling at this level(including qualifying). This is the one area where we can get excited about games, prove our worth and make big money at the same time. This is where we strive to be. This year we should have dipped into the biscuit tin as we have weakness in all areas of the team. Actually we did not even need to open the biscuit tin as the Forster/Watt money would have been enough.

13. Vertie Auld

Another criticism is that we didn't get players in early enough to bed in before the qualifiers.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

New manager has to assess his squad before he thinks about bringing in players.

15. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    No I'm happy with wasko and the serbian striker if we get him and hopefully gordon other then that no

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Before Van Dijk has left? Before we've seen Tonev, Wakaso or Scepovic? How can you possibly say that?

Craig Gordon has been fine so far.

17. Vertie Auld

Aye, I suppose.

18. Ninefingers

This is it for me, the Forster & Watt monies should be completely re-invested into the team. Not 4-5 signings but 3 quality players.

19. Vertie Auld

Denayer looks cracking as well. as I said, our main problem is one that should have been addressed last season. Hopefully the Serb can fix that.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Forster is better than Gordon and we let Samaras go. I'd rather have the team we had last season than the one we have now.