1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa league away matches

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Nimrod., Aug 30, 2014.

Discuss Europa league away matches in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Anyone travelling to any away games in the Europa league ? I'm travelling to astra away if anyone has any travel tips or hints for any of the away games fire away !

2. Millerntor

Don't wear a kilt.

3. carpe diem 67

Flights booked to go to Astra. Glasgow to London then to Bucharest on Thursday morning. Just need to work out how to get from there and back after game! Anyone else doing the same?

4. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Flying out on the Wednesday edinburgh - luton - Bucharest

5. carpe diem 67

Travelling back to Bucharest after the game?

6. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    That's the plan mate not sure how yet will try book a taxi or minibus back after game

7. carpe diem 67

Yeah same mate.. Hoping someone has a bus organised going back to Bucharest.

8. boruc's ball

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, o'dea
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    booked astra too, planning to stay in bucharest as well

what will tickets be like for this one, see their ground only holds 8000 r so

9. Hiceadha

What will the story be for tickets to the astra game if your not a season ticket holder and not living in scotland i wonder

10. Berdych89

Getting from Bucharest to Giurgiu is pretty easy as it's a one hour 1/2 travel by car. I recommend to get back to Bucharest after the game,there is nothing to see in Giurgiu, believe me as my ex-gf lived there :icon_mrgreen: Also,nightlife in Bucharest is pretty sick if you know the places.

Taxi is not always a good idea,the locals have special prices if they sense foreigners. You can book a minibus, if you want me I will look into it and come with details as I,surprise-surprise,live in Bucharest if you did not get the feel by now :86:

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the city,surroundings,even Astra lol.

About myself,I support locally Steaua Bucharest and of course, Celtic since their uefa cup run, I was 12 at the time,loved Larsson,Sutton,Lennon,Hedman,Balde hah..and since one bad memory doesn't come with another,the night after the final my house got flooded so yeah will never forget that day :31:

Cheers

11. carpe diem 67

Really good information, thanks for that and I will definitely be asking you many questions!

I imagine most celtic fans will be heading back through to Bucharest.

Also heard the nightlife is good so looking forward to it!

Tickets for Celtic fans will be around 600 from what I've heard so will be difficult. Would going in the home end be a sensible option? Really don't know anything about there fans.

12. Berdych89

Yeah,Astra's stadium is really small around 8000 seats though they did upgrade it during the summer so they can play in Giurgiu. Last season they were renting National Arena in Bucharest,with a capacity of 55.000 seats,home of Steaua and romanian national team. Too bad it won't be the case this year but maybe their attendance will grow with their recent results and they decide to move the game,how fun would that be :50:

Anyway,I wouldn't recommend going among romanian fans,as most of them are really bitter and don't have sense for fair play between the fans,I doubt you would have a good time there. Astra isn't recognised as having dangerous fans,they relocated a couple of years ago from Ploiesti city to Giurgiu and the locals here haven't invested emotionally yet and are somehow peaceful. That being said,there is always potential for conflict if not careful.

I plan on getting to the game as a neutral,too bad I won't be able to rock my jersey and scarf as I know how difficult would be for me to attend the game in Celtic's section. Looking at the bright side I'm just so excited to watch them live

13. carpe diem 67

Yeah a few of us thought it might be moved but sounds like thats going to be unlikely. Been in hostile home ends before and really just a case of blending in and keeping a cool head. That will be a last option though after trying to jump in the away end if we dont have tickets.

Where would you recommend to stay in Bucharest and what clubs would you recommend? All late 20's and into dance music ;-)

14. Berdych89

15. CharlieMulgrew21

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chico Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    anyone seen or got any cheap deals for zagreb?

16. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Going to the Red Bull game. Seems like its going to be pretty lonely.

17. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Official day trip to Salzburg priced at £450 and doesn't even include a ticket. :38:

18. gasrex

I was going to treat myself for this one, I was guessing it was going to be around £250, I won't be bothering at £450!

19. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Make your own travel mate and you can still apply for a ticket with your ST. Though our allocation might be quite low so hard to justify paying for flights etc and still not get a ticket.

20. Scunny8

I'm heading over to Salzburg on the Stansted Wednesday 07:15 flight and back on the Friday 16:35 flight.

Anyone else on this? Also, as a non season ticket holder anyone able to help me out with a ticket?