1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I've never seen an assistant get so much of the blame for the managers own failings in my life before.

2. oh bhoy

Nobody is denying that ronny can talk a good game but when he comes up against the mighty malmo or other such European giants he stands on the side line like a rabbit in the headlights .I would expect a good young European manager not to destroy a good team just because his ego demands it

3. Mr. Slippyfist

I applaude your enthusiasm Gaffa, but talk is cheap.

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

What about individual defensive errors, wonder goals, individual defensive errors, its the players fault, collective errors by the whole defense and individual defensive errors:icon_mrgreen:

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    hopefully John Collins is holding the door open for Ronny on his way out , likewise John Kennedy holds it for him etc etc ..

6. Shaun

I hope you are not looking for an argument buddy.

What and/or who are causing all this we are seeing mate?
    Read some of the other replies, many know the story I am sharing.
    And I said I don't expect everyone to agree... Just opinions buddy, this is what these forums are for, and I am just asking a different question to all the others...

What you say is correct if we don't look.
    If we look closer or know better, maybe some of your points are out of Ronny's hands? Something is wrong, we all know this. I am bringing this up again, I first shared it last October or something. What if "The only person in a position to change any of these is Ronny" as you probably rightfully said, was not the case? What if he is trying to change it? The players know it and it's DESTROYED the dressing room? I won't say I worked in football (Behave, many here have worked in Football the same as me, big deal) a decade and a half at all levels apart from Pro and know how VERY EASY 1 VOICE...Can ruin your dressing room. I seen it at kids and * levels all around me. You need to be strong. I just blogged this here buddy https://glasgowcelticchat.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/ronny-media-conference-after-dundee-0-0-game-full/
    Ronny is showing strength by meeting the media head on, he isn't hiding. This proves to me and anyone who knows any level of football and how it really works, that he is being strong. I don't have all the answers, but I have questions like everyone mate...

Respectfully. What if that is the case?

:shamrock:HH

7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Dont chat mind John Kennedy was getting the blame too for the European failure.

8. Shaun

Again a reply I can't argue nor debate back with or at :54:
    You are correct in all you say mate.
    I am asking if it's possible Ronny has not one voice apart from to the media in all of this. What if PL is as bad as EVERYONE says and Ronny is stuck with 2 coaches he was given when he joined. I think Ronny when he arrived thought "Brilliant, 2 lads that know Scottish Football"...And Ronny was in his late 30's then, so the choice to appoint a young manager we know where the blame is. Ronny is learning, I am asking if he is staying to try and win the fans back in the hope the fans help the guy and ask the board "WHAT THE * IS GOING ON"...Because these players can play better, they worked for Ronny last season, all the new lads Ronny bought so they will be ok with the guy. So who is causing this? The easy answer after watching 0-0 with Dundee is Ronny. But why? What went wrong? Did Ronny sign all these midfielders? What if people are right and PL is almost running the TEAM as well? What if's and Maybe's is all any of us can offer..

All I am offering is this buddy
    HH
    :shamrock:

9. Shaun

Would it not be so fecking sad on Ronny, who did it last season, proving before he was 40 years old he could manage Celtic Football Club!! He knew NOTHING about Scottish/Glasgow Culture, nothing REALLY about being Celtic manager. He seen us as AMAZING fans from the outside. Now he is on the inside, he understand's our demands. good demands that keep Celtic a well known team Globally because every now and again we amaze the Football World. What if there is a brilliant manager in there, facing the media EVERY WEEK, trying to be positive, because of others?

Just asking buddy, is that possible?

HH :shamrock:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  10. Shaun

I have and so have others, I am not alone in my thinking here mate.
    I am putting what a few already know, out there, in the hope SOMETHING can happen. $h1t, call an EGM and let us all have it out!! Anything..

HH

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And Peter Lawwell forces players on him and picks the team.

We may as well sack him for not doing anything but be a cheerleader (and not a very good one) on the touchline.

12. Shaun

I am supporting my team/club here, nothing more pheeps...
    I really hope I am right because I can understand where Ronny is going, we all seen it last year and we loved it and him. He is bringing in decent defenders, he is probably having to give PL BJ's for it mind you, but I see a guy trying a Globally workable 4-2-3-1 with players who have played it PERFECTLY before. We don't know who is fit, who is in a huff. Reason I share this video is so people can hear the man out. What if 90% of us are not listening to him? I am, others are and there are a lot of fans seeing it another way or my way or their way. I am just trying...

HH

13. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    In terms of passion the man's like a rug on valium except when he's scraping cheap wins over SPFL teams and he knows his "dream job" is safe for another week.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    'Many * threads we needin!?

15. Shaun

1 bad apple can ruin all the apples...
    ...Or whatever that fecking saying is... :56:

Sorry. I know, this is serious. :97:

16. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Even if that's true he puts up with it making him weak and pathetic and by extension not suited to the job.

17. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Threads merged

18. oh bhoy

What if the 1voice that is ruining the dressing room harmony is ronny's when he arrived here he accused a team that had won the league by 30 pts and had qualified for the champions league of not being fit enough.if I'm in that dressing room I'm going to be asking
    1.who the * is this guy
    2. How does he know what it takes to win the league year after
    3. How does he know how to get us into the champions league
    4.Why does he think he knows more about football than me when he only ever played in norway

Then he starts dropping all our best players (fair enough if you bring in far better players) , brings in jo minge berget to start ahead of them .sticks Griffiths and stokes on the wings .everyone bought into this for a while ignoring how mental it was . Everyone game him a chance
    He made the rod for his own back ,he doesn't need John Collins sniping ( if he ever has!) To undermine his position

19. Shaun

Not enough so people don't lose sleep about it?

:97:

HH :shamrock:

20. Shaun

Would you walk away from your work losing money when you are clearly trying to help but some want you out the door? Would you leave? Seriously the lad was put into this job at 38 years old? We ALL knew he had to learn. Last season he proved he can do it. But this season there is something wrong, very wrong and people are wanting to blame the manager.
    Almost everyone jokes PL runs everything, what if he actually does?
    Maybe people say it so often we think it's a joke, and it's not?

HH