1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Markybhoy, May 16, 2014.

Discuss The Tennis Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

We usually have threads for the Grand Slam events when they come round but I've become a year round tennis watcher now so I thought it might be good to have a thread where the smaller tournaments could be discussed as well.

Great match between Rafa and Andy Murray on Sky just now. 4-4 in the deciding set on the clay in Rome. Best I've seen Murray play on clay for a long time. Rafa is below his best tonight though.

2. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Oh no.... I bet this thread was created with the intention of overtaking the wrestling thread... :38:

Anyways, Mon Rafa!

3. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's been a great match. One of the best I've seen in a while.

C'mon Murray!!

4. Markybhoy

Rafa breaks serve to go 6-5 up. Serving for the match now. Vamos Rafa!

5. Sonny7

Game over Rafa wins.. Muzzy shat a brick!

He was up 4-2 and with himself to serve and still * it:rolleyes:

6. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Too many unforced errors from Murray.

7. Heisenberg

murray made an * of that

8. Markybhoy

Rafa wins 1-6 6-3 7-5.

Even though he lost I think Andy Murray can take a lot out of that match. That performance should give him some confidence going into the French Open. Rafa looks tired to me but he's so good he just keeps finding ways to dig out wins. I don't think he's going to win this tournament though, Dimitrov or Djokovic will beat him me thinks.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Haha * ya Murray ya wee heroin addict looking *.

10. GavCFC1

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

11. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    The * scratcher played awful in Monte Carlo and Barcelona, he won Madrid thanks to Nishikori's injury, but he has the mental strength.
    I think he will win RG, after all, it is something special and no one is so mentally strong as he is.

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

They don't look like that round here:97:

13. Markybhoy

For the first time ever I am not convinced Rafa will win the French Open this year. He hasn't looked so invincible on the clay this year and, as I said earlier, he looks like he is running out of gas to me. Of course it's possible that the rest time between Rome and Paris could be enough to recharge his batteries but I'm not so sure.

If the final in Rome is between Nadal and Djokovic, and Djokovic wins, I think that could be really significant going into the French Open. Nole IS going to win the French Open one of these years, this might just be his time.

14. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Well, I still think he will win it although Đoković has more chances than ever, but he is also not so persuasive, and had an injury few weeks ago.

15. Markybhoy

You are right, Nole has had a wrist injury recently. I didn't know that until today. That's a little bit of a worry I must admit.

Rafa looked much stronger today against Dimitrov. It should be an interesting match between him and Djokovic tomorrow. I think Djokovic will be determined to win because of what's going on in Serbia just now. I hope he does it.

16. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hahaha, how much most of Serbs adore him says this joke:
    A person who barely survived, is fighting for air and asking a diver: -What time is Novak playing?:smiley-laughing002::86:

17. Higgie

Fantastic from Djokovic.

18. Markybhoy

[​IMG]

Nole Nole Nole Nole!

Brilliant performance by Djokovic today. When he plays like he played in spells today there is nobody can beat him, not even Rafa. I think this is going to be the year he finally completes the set of Grand Slams and wins the French Open.

19. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Nole really needs to push on again now, he kind of went stale and his embarrassing Wimbledon performance against the heroin addict really summed up his past year and a half or so.... hopefully he kicks on. (well no hopefully being a Rafa fan... but for his sake)

20. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Brilliant by Đoković, indeed. Although I'm not a big fan, this was a very emotional victory after I cried as a kid.
    Especially, for evacuated kids and people in shelters who were watching this.
    And all the money goes to charity! To Serbia and Bosnia.