1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stefan Johansen

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by SloBhoy, Jan 15, 2014.

Discuss Stefan Johansen in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hopefully we sell him, top heavy in midfield anyway and apart from about 4 months been very poor to average at best

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know what happened last season because I didn't watch us much but our fitness definitely improved lot the first season under Ronny.

I know there's a lot Ronny got wrong tactically and in terms of team spirit but this revisionism trying to pretend the areas where Ronny changed our culture for the better (regarding fitness, personal development, pressing the ball, the importance of high tempo play in the modern game and just all-round professionalism for instance) are all down to Rodgers is annoying. I have no doubt Rodgers would have brought that in anyway but these things take months to change and Deila's work has allowed Rodgers to get off to a flying start; in contrast most of Deila's weaknesses (tactics, building team spirit in an anglophone culture, the ability to attract experienced top-quality players) are quicker to fix (although the mental strength thing will take longer, as will some of the details of tactical flexibility).

Also the fact that Rodgers is clearly a much better manager does not mean that Ronny wasn't a "proper" manager as Chris Sutton seems to think.

Not sure what's gone wrong with Johansen. I'm sure he'll be back, he's still young and I wish him luck down in England.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He been sold yet :rolleyes:

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I couldn't care less what the players eat to be honest, as long as it doesn't affect their game.

I don't think you've ever experienced a work place before. A change of boss can do a world of good in days. Just look what it's done for our fans. The club has been buzzing since Rodgers joined. I'm sure the players are as well. In fact, it's well documented they are.

Deila was a no body (and still is). No body had heard of him before the Celtic job came along. That's not me saying I didn't wish for him to be a success here. I felt that we probably would have to go through the 'unproven' route for a manager for the foreseeable. Much like we do with our players.

Our players want to go through walls for Rodgers. They didn't for Deila. Our players will have a lift, which you can't measure. You may disagree.

Johansen worked alongside Deila before they both came to Celtic, yet he went drastically downhill under him.

If Johansen goes, will he be missed? Yes, based on his first 6 months here. No, for the other 18 months he has been at Celtic.

I feel he doesn't pull his weight and that others are leapfrogging him in the pecking order.

5. Minimalist

Hows Vålerenga getting on? No one wanted to see you fail, but you just couldn't cut it here. All the best in Norway.

6. Heb Celt

Would be a good move for both parties involved,too good to be a fringe player here and wouldn't get into 1st team squad now if that makes sense,lets hope he finds his form again at Fulham.

7. pete0301

Honestly its not anything to do with Johansen it is a general Celtic or even football fan thing. Look at Forrest, he was one of our best players at the start of last season and he was consistently slated and hated when he lost form and didn't get signed up immediately. Scott Brown, our captain who has been playing for 8 years has come under constant criticism for 7 of those 8 years, despite doing so much for us. Samaras was one of our most successful European scorers of all time and he got pelters from large sections of the support from beginning to end.

Football fans are fickle, they never think about the actual human being who is playing and/or trying. When someone thinks you are a good player it is temporary but once some people get it in their head that you are a bad player you are branded forever. All it takes is 1 bad result and the fans need to vent their anger and find a scapegoat.

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So he won't be missed for the form he showed during his POTY season under Ronny? What complete * that is...

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I agree with every single word of this.

The treatment of Johansen, for the most part, has been shocking.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Thinking about it, he doesn't give us a higher level when he plays in Europe which is what we need in midfield, would rather McGregor. Not fussed if he gets sold.
    Sitting mids of Brown, Bitton, Hendo, McGregor and possibly another is good enough.

11. Maestro 08

It's pretty telling now that when he's not in the team he's not missed. Time for him to go. Said it before, he is an average player that had a great season & I stand by that

12. calanor

You may be right, but I've lurked around a while in here reading what people write and I've seen very few crediting him when he did something good, but he sure got a lot of bashing everytime he did something wrong (while other players were just unlucky if they did the same).

I do hope Ajer will be treated better. I've allready seen comments that Ajer is nothing special cause he didn't stand out in ONE U20 game he has played for Celtic youths. The few minutes he has played for the first team he has done well. He still has'nt played a whole game and not in is favorite position. Seems like some fans has written him off allready. I hope he will be given some time to settle in the first team before he gets bashed. He isn't just young, but he has moved to a new country, new language, new sorroundings etc on top of that. He seems very mature and grounded though...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  13. calanor

Good to hear :) Thanks!

14. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I'm glad he's moving to London and not Turkey. New-born baby with a young wife and family to look after, Fulham will be a good move for him. Not a fan of him as a player but he's a great guy with the fans and loves the club. Hope he can get back to being an ineffective CM.

15. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    eh?

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think you're overdoing it a tad in all honesty. There were people here wanting to make Asher vice captain without even playing a single game.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm sorry, but since then, has he threatened to hit those heights again?

You think he'll be a loss?

18. Celticbhoy17

He was pretty * when he arrived, had one good season and has been pretty * since. I dont buy this he had an unfairly hard time from the fans, last season he did absolutely nothing and was terrible in every game he played yet kept getting starts because he was Ronny's pal. He will not be missed and I cant wait until he's sold because he seems to always get a game infront of better players; Ambrose next please!

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Won't be sad to see him go..

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In Europe I am not so sure.

Brown is looking more like his old self now but one injury and we could be * again. Bitton is still in my bad books and has a bit to prove, Henderson won't feature and McGregor I have doubts over whether he can consistently perform at a higher level.

I genuinely think 2 new CM's are needed. Certainly 1 right now and then perhaps another in January.

For me, the midfield was just as big of a problem in Europe last year as the defence was. Whether tactics might change that this year, who knows. However all I know is it is still the same players here. I think one or two new faces and touches of quality would make us a much better proposition on a higher level.