1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stefan Johansen

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by SloBhoy, Jan 15, 2014.

Discuss Stefan Johansen in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    thought he would a been sold by now.seemed a cert to be off untull his injury.now hes back playing in the side.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

apparently on his way to Fulham for £2m.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Excellent deal for us if true.

Johansen's a strange one. Signed by Lenny and did really well for his first 6 months, then played under "his" manager but got worse instead of improving.

Now his time's almost certainly up any fee we get for him will be a bonus.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good move for all parties..

A hint to more fund's being released for an incoming centre mid?

Hopefully..

6. Keano88

I'd take that with a year left on his deal.

Could put that towards a new CDM.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan did say he was looking for a CM

8. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    riddance

9. BruceLeeBhoy

to

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVYujyuTq-A[/ame]

There is a good player in there, * knows where he has gone lately. I wish him the best if he is to go.

Hopefully any funds which come in will be put towards a classy CM.

11. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Fulham? Must be a bit disappointing for him after fenerbache were interested.:smiley-laughing002:

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

There's a reason he won POTY. I can't quite understand where the * his touch and weight of pass have gone.

13. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think he'll do ok down there actually. It can be a bit back to front... a lot of lumping up the park. His energy will suit it.

14. realshocks

Happy he is gone

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

15. calanor

Wow, some of you guys are no real fans. I've never seen someone been threated so poorly by fans as Johansen has been. It's sad really. Lots of other players played at the same level last year (Brown and Bitton fex), but they never got that kind of bashing Johansen went through. But hey, they probably played bad on purpose, cause they wanted Deila out of the door, right? Seems very strange that some of them suddenly has become new players the last weeks. Johansen was POTY, and had one bad year after. Suddenly his a * player (?!) He was MOM almost every time he played for Norway. I am sure he lost a lot of confidence the last year (all the hate and bashing obviously got to him), and I even think he struggled with an an injury. I hope Tierney isn't getting the same treatmeant if he struggles one year (because of injuries a.s.o). I doubt that though...

I dont believe Rodgers has invented some sort of instant fitness to them and a totally new style of football after Deila went. No. The players has suddenly decided to show up. Deila should be given some credit, cause obviously he did something right with the fitness and style of play. Rodgers was one of the managers he went to visit and learn from btw. Deila didn't have the connections as Rodgers has (to get better players in..like Roberts, Sinclair, Toure...) and he didn't have the same experience of course. He had to work with what he had. No one (even the players), gave him any chance to succeed. He didn't promise instant success but everyone seemed to forget on what philosophy he was hired.

I am sure Johansen will make it somewhere else, and I think starting over somewhere else will do him good. He was never going to be given any chance by the fans here to prove himself. So many times I've seen him play okay, people calling him * whatever he did, while other players were just unlucky.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  16. VikingBhoy

Had a poor season, but it's true people have been harsh on him. Probably makes sense to move on for all parties, our squad needs trimming and he won't renew

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I can understand why some fans are not fussed with him leaving, if he is to do so. I don't think Brown dodged any criticism. He certainly didn't in his first few years here. The problem with comparing the two is that Brown has performed over a vast period of time and in many ways at a higher level. He has captained us in the champions league and one of a very few that has actually played on that level at the club.

Maybe Johansen has personal/cultural problems. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors. We are also not in a position to wait for him to 'snap' out of this rut. We're at a critical cross-roads. We need balls and guts, something that under Deila we were missing. I don't think any professional at the club was playing poorly on purpose last season. I felt it was a dark cloud over the club that brought out the worse in some fans, and I include myself in that too. Disenchanted is probably how I felt.

Tiernay will have a blip as he is young...but I hope he isn't harshly treated because his performances allow him some slack and he is still a young lad. If he's poor for as long as Johansen has been, I expect him to get it in the neck.

Deila's fitness? We ran out of gas after 20mins! He was out of his depth. No wonder he didn't have the respect of fans or players. I don't think anyone was wishing for him to fail though. When it became apparent that he was not what we had envisioned, we let him know.

haha aye, alright. No one gave him a chance. :56: He has played well below par for a good while. A new challenge for him and a chance for us to bring someone else in would be good for all involved.

18. calanor

Regarding the fitness level. So you don't think the fitness level was so bad when Deila arrived that it would take a long time to get it better. Wasn't the players eating MC donalds burgers and cookies on a daily basis before Deila came? They wasn't exactly living their life as a 100 % professional athlete, were they? It can take years to change fitness levels fully. Maybe the fitness is starting to show more and more now or maybe the players has decided to show up for Rodgers. (I dont believe a player can change that much in some weeks, so I do think the core of the team decided they wouldn't give their all for Deila).
    You can't seriously mean the fitness under the weeks Rodgers has been here has had an instant impact? Like some kind of wonder receipt? Of course Deila's fitness implement has had some impact.

19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think they were eating McDonald's and cookies everyday :smiley-laughing002: Just things like chips were on the menu at CP for the players and deila took them off, i'm sure they were added back by him anyways( I might be wrong). IMO we looked * after 70 minutes with ronny here, arguably we looked less fit than under lennon but I think that was down to style of football Deila was trying to play rather than actual fitness levels.

20. VikingBhoy

I think the fitness level definitely improved under Ronny, but I'm not sure he ever figured out how to train for the amount of games we have. Training for one game every weekend as in Norway is very different from what you have to do at Celtic