1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Jan 14, 2014.

Discuss Better Call Saul in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    So it was true! he did convince a burd he was Kevin Costner :smiley-laughing002:

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Worst episode of the series. Bingo hall part boring as *, similar to the fly episode of BB.

3. Sonny7

Haven't watched the last three episodes yet, but loved the first 7. Disappointing to read the finale was pish as that's episode you expect to be the best

4. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    This season was clearly more back story. they got through a lot which is good. The further back story on mike was a great bonus.

Something I cant wait to find out is how he lives in the same state as saul as he did as jimmy.

5. Dallas Cowbhoys

I enjoyed that season. The nature of the show means it's not going to be as "action-packed" as Breaking Bad.

I think this could go on to be a really top show.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I just came on to say exactly that. Stopped watchin it a few weeks ago but thought id go back and am watching episode 10, never had a clue what the bingo bit was all about and it lasted ages, absolutley awful just skipped past it.

The show is dreadful compared to breaking bad for me :54: literally nothing happening of any interest in any episode

Feels like every episode could last 20 minutes but is stretched right out with long meaningless dialogue

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Am I the only one liking Better Call Saul? The bingo scene was just depicting his breakdown after being betrayed by his brother, it's all setting up for him going from good lawyer to bad. Like the hustling him and his old mate done was pretty good, and the Kevin Costner bit was brilliant :smiley-laughing002: BB took a while to get going, this will be the same.

Apparently Gus will make an appearance in the 2nd season, the plot of this could be brilliant and as well Walt and Jesse possibly making an appearance.

8. Sonny7

Doubt it, most people on here love it. It's got a rating of 9.1 on IMDB which is really high.

I've only watched first 7 episodes and thought they were great.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought the black guy at the end of the last episode was meant to be Gus :52:

I didnt even know the 10th was the last one, I thought the last 15 minutes were probably the best of the whole season, probably even the only bit that wasnt quite boring and finally thought "not bad the next episode might be good" and it was the last * one :31:

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I thought season 1 was really good, better than season 1 of BB.

Can't wait for the next season, really hope Gus shows up.

11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought it was really slow paced and boring and for 10 episodes, how many hours was that about 9 hours maybe very little happened for me.

You could probably sum up the whole season in 1 paragraph - none of it was that complex and as I have said it was mostly quite boring, scenes were too long, storylines dragged out it seemed.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Does anyone actually think that the last 20 minutes say of Episode 10 - see if they actually began the show from there, it would probably have been fine I think.

1. You would wonder who the weird guy in the house was(his brother) who we could then find out was a bit weird
    2. We would wonder who the black guy was
    3. We would see Mike and Saul telling him that he'll never make the mistake of not taking the money and doing the right thing the next time, letting us know he struggled between doing good and knew Mike before BB.
    4. We would wonder what that guy dying in the alley was all about and it could be shown after he used to be his best pal and they conned money out people.

Then as the action began and moved on from there we could have got brief glimpses that explained those 4 things while the story progressed. All that really would be missing would be showing that he already had interaction with that Mexican guy and the woman pal who works for that company who it seems they both like each other although arent in a relationship.

13. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

That could have worked, but only because you know what happens in breaking bad. If this was a brand new show and it started like that people might complain it offered too little info about the characters.

I like the way it has been done, bits were slow but I thought it gave a good insight to how different life used to be for everyone. Lets us know that Walt and Jesse aren't the only ones that had their lives * about.

14. Sonny7

I'd rate

Breaking Bad season 1 - 9 and a half.

Better Caul Saul season 1 - 9

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It's pretty similar to BB season 1 as others have said, this was the little plot for him going good to bad and the story of his hustling. I actually found Mike's parts were a bit more exciting.
    If they add in Gus and will no doubt bring in his back story in how he became a drug lord, should be interesting to say the least.
    They could get 3 seasons on this, plenty to work with.

16. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Binge watched it all the past 3 days (instead of studying). Love it. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

Saul is what a character, so complex - I'm glad we get to see his origins. He seems more likeable in this. Im kind of annoyed at how it sours.

I know its about his transition from good to bad but I'm, kinda gutted. I mean he could have went straight at the end of this, earning good money. To see him go from that to the tacky, cheap (although wealthy) Saul Goodman is a bit sad.

Great writing and its fast paced. I don't like Mike at all his storylines bore the * out of me.

Will be interesting to see how it progresses and how he loses contact with all the folk.

17. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Just read we're gonna have to wait till early 2016 for Season 2.

Gutted, thought it might of been round about Christmas for the next season

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I've just watched it all in the last week or so too.

Superb stuff!! There were a couple of slow episodes but that was to be expected given how BB was.

Must say, I was quite moved by the acting when he confronted Chuck while sat on the sofa. Really was powerful stuff. The Mike back story was good too. Pity we have to wait so long for season 2.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Only watched this a few weeks ago, much better than I expected it to be.

20. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Really liked Mike's story as well. Hope he still has a large role in Season 2.

Read that Walters definitely going to be making an apperance somewhere in the future