1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Was just in the bank...

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Kiko 7, Dec 30, 2013.

Discuss Was just in the bank... in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

Credit cards are great when used correctly.

They give you far more protection than any other method of payment.

Incorrectly used and people who can't resist the temptation to spend, they are a bad thing and debt can get out of hand.

2. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Always wondered that, kept hearing people on about interest charges this and that. However will never use the bastarding things, its quite * wierd to use a plastic card to spend virtual money that you do not have. Then you must pay this virtual money back again, it's the same as a Debit card although once you * what's in your account you cannot use it any further.

They are not that useful, it has given people a means to be able to spend more than they can afford. I think they are the worse things to be introduced into society, that is after interest rates a despicable thing.

3. Onefootwonder

If you pay the debt off within the agreed period, mine is 56 days, there is no interest.

If I bought goods that had a 5 year warranty, if the company went bust in that time, my credit card company would be liable.

If goods didn't even turn up or a fake website, I'm covered too.

I think a credit card is a must these days.

4. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
  5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I have a credit card but i cut it up, couldn't imagine what would happen if i got really drunk and ran out of cash then saw my credit card.

I am bad enough with my debit card but at least i know there is a limit because i have the bulk of my cash in a savings account and generally only 2 weeks worth of money in the current account.

6. Green Socks

No? Well certainly not on the one I have and my parents/brother have them too and none of theirs are like that. In fact we've gotten flights to Canada from American Express with Air Miles just because we use it, if anything we've gained rather than lost out.

The only interest they charge is if you do not pay them back in time.

If you spend £100 one month, and pay £100 into it the next month. Then you don't lose a penny.

If you spend £100 one month, and only pay back £50, another £50 will roll over the the next month and you will have to pay interest on that, which for example is 1%, then you will pay £50.50.

And that's never happened to me because I set up a direct debit into my credit card to pay it every month.

Don't be put off cause you've heard some daft stories, if you are at all wise with your money there is no chance of getting into debt using a credit card.

7. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    See this is what I don't get exactly how does all that work? I know that my girlfriends sister got her credit card duplicated when on holidays and then it had been used to buy a load of * and then it just got wiped off. However if it were a debit card you've got * all chance of ever getting the money back. Is there some sort of payment to be covered by say fake websites, goods not turning up etc?

8. pod

She could always just liquidate the kid and get away scot free with the debt.

9. Green Socks

Basically if someone steals your credit card and spends lots of money, they didn't spend your money, the spent the banks money. As long as you can prove it wasn't you who made the purchases then you don't have to pay it.

10. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    There is absolutely no insurance to pay on this or anything?

What about the fake websites, and if goods don't be delivered. How do people get their money back from them?

11. Markybhoy

Any parent stupid enough to hand a credit card to a 13yo child deserves what they get. I think there are some parents out there who have forgotten that it's actually ok to say no to their kids now and again.

12. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Deserves all she gets to be honest. What the * did she actually think would happen by getting a 13-year-old a credit card? He/she'd be responsible and not go nuts with it?

If I asked my parents for a credit card when I was 13 I would have gotten the daggers look before being told "aye, that'll be *' right!".

13. Cmcgregor90

he's making that up and trying to cry her way out of debt

It's simple you take back or sell what you bought to pay it off

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  14. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA