1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ross County vs Celtic, 9/11, 12:45pm live on BT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Nov 8, 2013.

Discuss Ross County vs Celtic, 9/11, 12:45pm live on BT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimMalloyBhoy

I didn't say I did not enjoy it though, mate! It's only some moronic posters suggesting that, some saying I am gutted we won!

I said before the game if Pukki doesn't score today I have gave up on him, which happened. So I'm following it up, us winning 4-1 is irrelevant to that discussion. :celt_2:

2. C2911

The reason we haven't scored in Europe is because we haven't created anything, not solely because of Pukki. There hasn't been a single ball from the midfield to play in the strikers. In fact, he's only started for us in Europe against Ajax at home. The rest of the games he's been brought in late.

3. pod

His game is not about being an out and out scorer. You should know that though. As a team, with the way we play, we share the goals out. We usually only play with one striker and even then in game we rotate the position. Today we had him and Forrest up front. Two little guys against a, at times, nine man defence. His job is to create space for supporting players to run into.

Given that one of our central midfielders scored twice today, I'm gonna hazard a guess that Lenny will be quite pleased with him today.

4. TimMalloyBhoy

There's your answer. Why isn't he starting in Europe? He's been here long enough now to settle in, obviously Lennon knows he is not good enough. He was meant to be Hoopers replacement and he is nothing like him.

WE NEED A GOALSCORER. It's * pivotal we get one or we will get nowhere in Europe. How long are we going to wait until Pukki scores at least one goal again?

5. T.Rogne25

Much, much better today. We actually looked like we could play decent football.

6. TimMalloyBhoy

Forrest and Pukki did next to nothing. They weren't involved in even one of the four goals.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    * *, 4-1, over 20 chances on goal. A great, thoroughly enjoyable performance and you're still moaning. Do you even enjoy being a fan? Because you certainly don't 'support' the team.

8. C2911

We do need a goalscorer to play alongside either Pukki or Stokes.

But even if we get one he's not going to score many unless the rest of the team can start creating more chances for them. Looking at the stats you'd think we were great going forward today and I can't complain with the result or the goals. But how many chances were created by passing the ball along the ground? We're not going to find many players who can do it all by themselves.

9. doctor venglos

It's very good actually, and it shows you we have improved as a team and squad under Lenny this year, it's all about progression. Wonder how this compares with last year's stats ?

10. TimMalloyBhoy

Said countless times I enjoyed the game. Read through the thread before you make judgements.

I am having a discussion on a certain subject, if you are not interested in it, please kindly * off.

11. TimMalloyBhoy

Why was hooper able to bang in so many goals then? there is players we have now that can provide even better service, a striker has to make his own space, not wait for the delivery to come to him from nowhere.

12. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Calm down mate
    [​IMG]

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm reading the thread and all I can see is you * and moaning again.

14. molloy1888

You posts are painful to read.:31:

15. TimMalloyBhoy

Only thing I have been negative about is our forward line, surprised most fans aren't more concerned that Pukki looks like he has no place in the team. Which leaves us with Stokes, a decent but not great striker, and Balde, a very promising but still inexperienced one.

Virgil was the highlight of today for me, I really hope we can keep hold of him for another season or two.

16. TimMalloyBhoy

At least I make posts. All you do is create smileys and four word comments.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That was 6 words buddy. I thought you were on here slagging people for making posts on here the other day anyway?

Make up your mind man.

18. LK_7

Tim we all know we need another striker but there is * all we can do about it till January at the earliest.

VVD and Izzy were exceptional again. Not really worrying about Pukki too much I think once he gets one then the goals won't stop. How much of football is about confidence and I think he's lacking a bit just now.

19. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    :50:

20. TimMalloyBhoy

Pedantic much? What are you even talking about, buddy?

Make some sense, man. I like the way you replied to a post I made to someone else, to try and be a smart * but not my initial one.