1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic chat opinions?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Sep 25, 2013.

Discuss Celtic chat opinions? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I do that quite a lot as well, look at something and think "* that, not touching that with a bargepole". I would never think it's intimiditation though? I don't think I could feel intimidated over the internet but I realise everyone is different.

2. pod

Intimidated? Really? I cant believe there is a single member who has ever tried to intimidate you as you are one of the most liked members on here imo.

Personally I think it comes down to style. Some people get offended when others call them daft (or worse) or something and those style of posters tend to attract more attention. Personally I think if there is a problem with a style its those that are condescending. There are one or two on here who clearly try to be smart arses but dont seem to get pulled for it as its done in a different manner to those that "shout".

However, again, I have the choice to ignore it.

3. Boom Stick

have not been on in a few days and read through the site and this thread,batmill has it spot on,i have only been on here a few years,but of late there seems to be a lot of(if being honest) pointless,boring and celtic bashing threads ,i know i am guilty of starting and posting in a few,but of late i find myself just ignoring most threads in the celtic chat section.
    still think it is a great site,maybe i'm just getting old.

4. wulliebad

It helps if you have the i don't give a * mindset.
    If you care and they spot it your in trouble....lol

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Is that right about the ignore button ? hmmm might try that, only problem then It will just be me left ..... :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously though, I have seen and I'm sure most have, some poster's jumping on people the first chance they get to try and be smart but also in a really nasty way, Yes some stuff that gets posted is utter pish but at the end of the day its all about opinion's.
    I mean, unless we have people on here who are active in politics they aint gonna change hewhaw are they. So whats the point in trying to batter a different view point down, pretty sad really.

6. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh believe me I've had my fair share of abuse....normally delivered through pm....and it is intimidating.

Ive got to the stage that I avoid debates like the plague because of how I see others treated and I don't have a thick skin to shrug it off unfortunately.

It shouldn't be assumed that everyone does because that is where it starts to put people off of posting a slightly different opinion

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Abuse through PM's? Really!?

It's one thing I've never had on here, never had people PMing me abuse.

I must be doing something wrong :56:

I'm genuinely surprised at that Marie, you're one of the people who I really like reading on the site, just because you see things so differently from me it usually makes me pause and think I didn't even consider that a possibility.

8. pod

Should have made it clearer that when I said that I didn't believe it I meant more that I find it hard to believe and not that you were making it up or anything.

I find it strange that some people would go to those lengths in all honesty. Pretty cowardly if you ask me. Either say it in the thread or dont say it at all.

9. seanleflem

We don't know how lucky we are, this is a great website, I love it when I disagree strongly with someone, it would be boring otherwise.

If someone slags me off for something I write I don't get upset about it, I'm not that thin-skinned.

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    For some one to have over 37k posts and then be made feel intimidated is shocking, who ever has been PM you, is hopefully banned for life, they are pathetic.
    You should actually post them up and then we can all laugh at them.

11. Lecs

Who's sending you abuse Marie!? I'll sort them out! That's really bad and downright pathetic. The beauty about a forum is the diversity of opinion, the debate, and the community as fans of the same club, we all have that in common.

The other side of that is the fact that you do get idiots out there, on every aspect of life. The Internet has become a place where people can just hide behind a computer and say whatever they like without much of a consequence. The new thing is the trolling, where people just attempt to wind up others or derail the debate.

I've always given my honest opinion on anything on here, I try to be respectful as well. I imagine in regards to Celtic, because we are so passionate about the team, we can get a bit upset or * off, but we should be always be proud.

12. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Bucket load of abusive PM's on the way shortly no doubt. Just remember to report them so the banning stick isn't left to gather dust. :icon_mrgreen:

I've been following this thread with great interest and I do have my own thoughts on certain points raised. But I won't comment just yet as some may take a staff members thoughts as being the final word.

I'll finish off this post though by reminding you all of the pecking order on TC. :bbpd:

[​IMG]

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You like that picture entirely too much Lion.

On an unrelated note, bring back the Albino Lion Abatar for * sake! :icon_mrgreen:

14. Mr. Slippyfist

15. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think it's idiotic that you'd want to ignore others. What's the point of being part of a forum if you can't read other people's differing opinions?

16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is definitely true, I notice this more in threads relating to the green brigade than anywhere else. People were calling others morons and * because they had a different opinion that went against what the majority of people thought.

17. pod

I agree but it wasn't really the point. The point is that if some dont like it or feel intimidated they can block what those they dont like are saying and continue to use the forum.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The problem with the ignore button is you see folk that quote them.

19. pod

Is that why you dont use the quote button enough:icon_mrgreen:

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sorry.....was making.dinner there.

I should have made it clear that when I have had abusive pms it's been over moderation issues and not for what I've posted on the forum....some have been banned.....some I dndudny bother making an issue out of it...and that's my fault....if trying to give folks a friendly warning results in that then they aint worth my time......how I come across and what I think is offensive isn't to others......so it can look petty.....swearing at me and calling me name's is abusive in my book.

I've even had a stalker.....who had a foot fetish and wanted my to get his kicks over me talking about my feet and him pretending he was doing stuff with them.....Paul quickly got rid of him :56:

But anyway.....it's the jumping on members is what I don't like....Its not nice to watch and is off putting....along with mocking and ridiculing

There's debating and there's attacking and the attacking members is becoming a problem I think.....I thought I was pretty much on my own with that thought but apparently not according to the replies on here.