1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Luis1967, Aug 9, 2013.

Discuss UEFA Champions League 2013/14 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Each to their own. I much prefer dribbling like this...

[ame]http://youtu.be/oBDTXozDbzw?t=46s[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/B2wqaz96XzM[/ame]

Think it's much harder and displays greater ability than simply hitting the ball past someone then beating them in a race.

2. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A Ronaldo v Messi debate. Haven't had one of them in a while

hope Atletico go through tomorrow. The final will be * if it's Chelsea v Real

3. SpellCheck92

Lol pumped.

4. SpellCheck92

Nonsense. Just because he has built himself up and trained hard doesn't take away from his footballing ability.

He is more naturally gifted than Messi is. Ronaldo does things no one else can. He can do everything Messi can and more.

I hate all this aye but Messi is small and doesn't rely on physical strength bullshit. Most of Ronaldos goals are from him ripping the * out of defences with his footballing ability.

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This just concludes you talk utter *,most of Ronaldo's goals are from counter attacking at pace or belters of strikes,oh and there is the big factor of penalties Messi is far more technically gifted that Ronaldo,but I will say Ronaldo is a more complete athlete and powerful player when running at full pelt

6. Higgie

:52:

I'd hazard a guess you aren't someone who's watched much Spanish football in recent years.

In terms of technical ability Ronaldo doesn't come close to Messi. I'd imagine even those who prefer Ronaldo will admit that. He hasn't been able to keep up with him for the last 5 years and when Messi isn't at his best Ronaldo emerges - does that in itself not tell you something?

7. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    [​IMG]

8. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He can't pass or create as well as Messi. His ball control isn't as good as Messi's.

Utter nonsense to suggest he's more "naturally talented" than Messi. The most respectable thing about Ronaldo is the amount of effort and hard work he's dedicated on the training ground and in the gym to improving his game. Messi is one of the most naturally gifted footballers there's ever been.

Most of his goals come from teams affording him way too much space to exploit. Lustig had him in his back pocket for Sweden then, inexplicably, they started playing a higher line and he terrorised them for it.

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Messi or Ronaldo running towards goal faced with 4 defenders, who do you back to score?

Would put my house on Messi everytime, the guy beats players with ease.

When Ronaldo runs into traffic I find he often struggles as all he is got is some step overs and fancy wee moves that don't really do anything.

10. murphy88

Another thing with Ronaldo, for every long range effort that goes in, he will miss 5 or 6. He shoots from some ridiculous distances at times. When you have as many shots on goal as he does, it's almost inevitable that the odd screamer will fly in. In terms of an all round footballer, Messi is a better player. Ronaldo is at his best when there is space to run in behind.

11. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Money spent by Real Madrid, on player transfers, since their previous European Cup final appearance in 2002: £830 million.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Working across from stamford bridge today,atletico madrid support everwhere and outside the pubs boozing at 12..
    Caught me by surprise the spaniards starting that early on the drink over here..
    I really hope they can pull off a result tonight,got some pals who booked up for lisbon as soon as they drew out in madrid and it will give me great pleasure ruining them over it..

13. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Messi is far superior technically to Ronaldo, in terms of dribbling, passing and general football intelligence in terms of creativity. Everthing else like speed, finishing, consistency, big game performances they're similar. Power, heading and shooting technique is probably slightly in Ronaldo's favour.

However I think Messi has been ahead since 2008 when Pep took over Barcelona, Ronaldo has done well to keep on his tail constantly though and fully deserved the Balon D'or last year.

14. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope it's a Madrid derby final.

15. celtic warrior

Ronaldo is love, Ronaldo is life.

16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Also I'm not accepting Ronaldo is the more natural talent out of the two, I thought it was pretty much common option that it's the other way around where Ronaldo has had to work severely harder to improve aspects of his game. While Messi seems to have that natural football intelligence and ability.

As for today's game sadly I think we'll see another Mourinho masterclass. Hope I'm wrong, hoping this game is more eventful than the last meeting.

17. SpellCheck92

That concludes nothing.

Your an aggressive * and I don't know why you haven't been banned yet.

18. murphy88

:smiley-laughing002:

19. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Drop the name calling now or face the consequences. Also staff decide on who has done something worthy of a ban not you.

20. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    :88::88: Jesus!!