1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dam

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Courteener, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss The Dam in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You had to get in quick.

I got flights booked right away.

Easyjet flights from Glasgow were only £45 and coming back were £25 the time I got it booked flights there went up to about £95 as althought it wasnt totally confirmed yet they obviously got wind of it the same as me. After I booked I looked again about 1 hour later and the Flights out were now £146. So in about 1 hour the flights had went up over £100. For the exact same flight I got. I think the return flights are now £35 too.

I booked for 3 people Monday to Friday £130 return with 10kilo luggage each. It now costs more than that just to get the flights there with no luggage.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You dont have to sit in the cafes, so even if one of yous is only 18 you can get them to buy the stuff if you want to roll yourself or the ready made joints or cookies or cakes whatever you want, then just take them outside. Its probably the most relaxed place regarding laws in Europe.

I was there for 3 days last year and never got id'd anywhere, was 21 at the time and I look quite young.

You can always try to buy it or sit in the cafes anyway even if you are to young, I imagine the vast majority would serve you anyway.

3. dannynye1888

Anyone any idea what gradings will get the tickets? Currently a grade C having been to barca and juve last year.

4. NA CEILTIGH

Danny1888- I think with so many people looking as if they are going to Ajax over the other teams it will be hard to get tickets from Celtic. We are only guaranteed 2.5-3k tickets but Celtic will keep a large amount of these to cover the day trips they are now organising. If you haven't booked your flights yet you could book the package off them but it will be dear. Regarding categories im not too sure if the list will make it as far as CAT C or even B for that matter. With anything from 5-10 thousand expected to travel to Amsterdam there will no doubt be thousand's left watching it in the bars, or trying to get tickets in the home end.

5. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'll be 18 by the time I go over just wanted make sure also what are the laws on where I would be allowed to smoke?

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

Beware of blue lights...

And not the police kind :smiley-laughing002:

7. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Myself and 3 mates have booked to go over on the ferry, 95 quid per person return from Newcastle.

Should be a good trip Amsterdam is a beautiful, but expensive, city.

8. dannynye1888

Is is not 10% of tickets away fans get? which would give us 5K. Already booked up anyway making a few days out of it.

Got a few contacts anyway incase I don't get one. Worked for the juventus game last season so hopefully works again.

9. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    From what I heard before cliftonville game there was 300 cat A supporters and 1250 cat B they should all be fine

10. dannynye1888

how many cat C do you know?

11. NA CEILTIGH

hope you right nimrod.I think the tickets in my club will definatly be Cat b as we have had members using the same tickets for Rennes, Barca, Benfica and juventus over the last 2/3 years. I think I am hopefully getting tickets in home end just incase. One of the boys going over with me has a cousin in Amsterdam and he reckons he can get us 4 tickets so fingers crossed

12. Chavez

Anyone know the price of the tickets for the home end?

Had a look at Ajax's website and couldn't see anything about cost.

Not getting too upset about probably not seeing the game as it will be brilliant watching it in the bars.

Cant wait for 2am Wednesday night, thousands of tims jumping about the RLD.

As TimFloyd said, beware anything blue :smiley-laughing002: :50:

13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Make sure you follow the blue lights for an experience you'll never forget

14. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    No idea sorry

15. Xees

Hey Bhoys its still no problem for you to go to the coffeeshops in Amsterdam !!!
    Enjoy and see you all on okt 22 !! Hail Hail.... Ajax ;)

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    She asked if she could come to this :56:

17. panamabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We Shall Not Be Moved - It always gets the crowd buzzing
    I'm coming over from Thailand for this game. Got my ticket through one of our customers and booked a flight with Emirates via Dubai for less than £600 return. Really looking forward to the 'Dam, not been for a few years now and although it seemed to be getting a little bit more sanitised last time I was there, it was still a great laugh.

There are a few Irish bars around the RLD so hopefully there will be some bands on there. Can't wait!:icon_mrgreen:

18. NA CEILTIGH

Charlie and the bhoys are in talks to do a gig in Amsterdam for the game. They have already announced a gig in Milan so hopefully get one sorted for The Dam.

19. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

What I understood, it will be the day before the game and probably not on the Dam. Would be a shame really as I only arrive in Amsterdam on matchday.

20. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Got me hotel booked 2 days back. All them * are upping their prices on CL match days.